The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leinad2012
I'd love West ham to if we didn't but not Villa tbh, when Big Sam starting improving West Ham this year the fans admitted they were wrong to judge him which I respect as it's tough to admit when you're wrong. Villa fans though are similar to Newcastle fans; haven't stuck with their manager at all, blaming Lambert (not the Liverpool player MOTD reference) instead of the strikers who just can't find the ****ing net!

Crystal Palace would be decent winners too imo

I would ****ing love Pardew to win the FA Cup, just to shut up the Newcastle fans.
Original post by sr90
I would ****ing love Pardew to win the FA Cup, just to shut up the Newcastle fans.

Definitely, would pay to see that.
Original post by sr90

****ing hate Newcastle fans, would love them to go down tbh, arrogant fans who hated Pardew because Mike Ashley liked him, didn't know how good they had it with him. When your best export is Cheryl Cole (what is her surname this week, or has she decided to go Latin American and not have one lol?), you know you've ****ed up big time
(edited 9 years ago)
Looking at the teams left I think we'd walk any home tie bar maybe West Ham or United, an away tie against Palace, West Ham, Liverpool, United or Stoke could be very tough though
Good win for us today, as always we never make it easy for ourselves. Last 15 minutes must have been like hell. Road to Wembley continues.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Good win for us today, as always we never make it easy for ourselves. Last 15 minutes must have been like hell. Road to Wembley continues.

Road to Wembley will be promptly stopped at Old Trafford. You fluked it against a relegation championship side if I'm honest, the cracks have re-appeared.
I'd like to see a Championship team win it tbh, put a bet on Middlesbrough as they might surprise people and the best bet of the Championship sides. Anyone know when was the last time a team from outside the top division won it?
Original post by VanGaalOut
Road to Wembley will be promptly stopped at Old Trafford. You fluked it against a relegation championship side if I'm honest, the cracks have re-appeared.

Says the guy who supports united. Not a very appropriate time to say that now is it. A win's a win and I'll take that any day :smile:
Original post by VanGaalOut

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Says the guy who supports united. Not a very appropriate time to say that now is it. A win's a win and I'll take that any day :smile:

And we didn't fluke it anyway. We got complacent in the second half because we were so dominant in the first. That and we played our LB at CB and played Flamini again, gifting them a couple of goals. In general though we never looked like not winning.
Original post by The Shed End
I'd like to see a Championship team win it tbh, put a bet on Middlesbrough as they might surprise people and the best bet of the Championship sides. Anyone know when was the last time a team from outside the top division won it?

The last time a team won the FA cup from outside the top division was in 1980. West Ham United were in the second division when they won it beating Arsenal 1-0 in the final.

Original post by e aí rapaz
And we didn't fluke it anyway. We got complacent in the second half because we were so dominant in the first. That and we played our LB at CB and played Flamini again, gifting them a couple of goals. In general though we never looked like not winning.

Thank God for motd tonight, literally have no idea how this game went bar the result. Thanks.
Since when has a club ever had a straightforward ride to the FA Cup? Scrappy results are still results. Still in the hat for the 5th round, I'd take a scrappy win over a replay against a league two team.

But hey, what do I know, I'm just a neutral
lol at people trying to bait arsenal fans when we are one of only 2 top8 teams who managed to win this weekend
Paulista set to be completed overnight, pending a work permit.
Original post by fallen_acorns
lol at people trying to bait arsenal fans when we are one of only 2 top8 teams who managed to win this weekend

Next thing they'll say is that the fa cup is pointless
All hail Rosicky. Great ball for Ozil's goal, and his finish was great too. Poor clearance for the first Brighton goal, and his trick pass where he looked the other way wasn't that amazing I don't think, but he performed really well today.
So Szcz is our cup keeper for the rest of the season?
Original post by Stalin
So Szcz is our cup keeper for the rest of the season?

Most likely, yeah. I felt comfortable with Fabianski last season, but not so much with Szczesny nowadays. Hopefully he can be motivated by his desire to return as the number 1.
Reply 237
Just read on sky sports that Swansea were interested in getting Campbell on loan? I know he's included in the Gabriel deal but he would have developed a lot better at a premier league club. He definitely would have got games, especially after Bony left.
There have been times when Chesney has been a top class GK. However, it is pretty shocking how he has regressed and not developed. Guy's head is just not in the right place. His composure and decision making is terrible.
Original post by SA-1
Just read on sky sports that Swansea were interested in getting Campbell on loan? I know he's included in the Gabriel deal but he would have developed a lot better at a premier league club. He definitely would have got games, especially after Bony left.

Pretty sure Joel Campbell has played his last game for Arsenal, Wenger just doesnt fancy him. £1m loan fee and probably another £10m from Sociedad or whoever in the summer is decent business for a player who will always find it hard to get game time with Walcott, Sanchez, Welbeck, Cazorla, AOC etc occupying his position.

To me, he looks like more of a scrapper than anything and lacks the finesse to be an Arsenal attacker. For Costa Rica etc it suited him but that's not what Wenger is looking for imo. Should stick a sell on clause in like we did with Vela, these things have a habit of paying off.

Latest