The Student Room Group

Not sure about uni?? Advice needed pls!

Hi, basically I am currently on a gap year. My Alevel grades are A*BB.(I have the relevant subjects of biology and chemistry)
And I kinda of want to study pharmacy. (Done plenty of work experience)
I have not yet submitted my application.
I decided to take a gap year cuz I wasn't sure of what course I would like to do,wanted to keep my options open and some personal issues.

Although I am about 60% sure of pharmacy. I am worried about the job prospect when I graduate.
So I am thinking should I take another gap year and retake some of my A levels? Or just do a quick application for pharmacy to see If I will get in ?( least prefered option)

Is it realistic to expect an offer for pharmacy at this late stage?
I know it is a very competitive course but I also want to get into a decent uni.
Thanks in advance:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lamipe
Hi, basically I am currently on a gap year. My Alevel grades are A*BB.(I have the relevant subjects of biology and chemistry)
And I kinda of want to study pharmacy. (Done plenty of work experience)
I have not yet submitted my application.
I decided to take a gap year cuz I wasn't sure of what course I would like to do,wanted to keep my options open and some personal issues.

Although I am about 60% sure of pharmacy. I am worried about the job prospect when I graduate.
So I am thinking should I take another gap year and retake some of my A levels? Or just do a quick application for pharmacy to see If I will get in ?( least prefered option)

Is it realistic to expect an offer for pharmacy at this late stage?
I know it is a very competitive course but I also want to get into a decent uni.
Thanks in advance:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

the problem is the major unis want AAB so you might not get in. you may be required to resit one your Bs but you have plenty of time to do so. the employment record for pharmacy is one of the highest for any subject so that isn't an issue. whether you are actually ready for uni appears a problem as you yourself are uncertain. I would suspect most unis will be full but you really have nothing to lose by applying as even if you get turned down you can always try next year as this is your other option anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest