The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RuairiJH
Not going to lie that was an attractive feature! It was also the college I thought I had the best chance of getting into aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile

You serious? It had 106 applicants for 14 places for 2014 entry...

But 'gratz on getting in.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
You serious? It had 106 applicants for 14 places for 2014 entry...

But 'gratz on getting in.

Yeah but it only had 53 applicants this year. I was hoping the 104 would put people off and it seems like it did😜

Also I did all the TSA practice papers and was getting high marks so St. John's was the only one using the TSA

Posted from TSR Mobile
UCL (L100) Vs Warwick (L100). What are your opinions, which is better???
Original post by MrBowcat

Personally think UCL is a more prestigious course, but general opinions on this are split between the two
Lse l101 vs ucl l100?
Yeah but it only had 53 applicants this year. I was hoping the 104 would put people off and it seems like it did

Also I did all the TSA practice papers and was getting high marks so St. John's was the only one using the TSA

Posted from TSR Mobile

you played that game well, my college had 50 applicants for 6-8 places which is about average for them
Original post by NinjaPandaa

Hard as a mother____
Original post by EHZ17
Hard as a mother____

legit never heard that before

They're pretty much the same.

I'd pick Warwick as the uni/campus is a lot nicer imo. But it's all a matter of personal preferences, visit both and decide.

Original post by chiara97
Lse l101 vs ucl l100?

LSE L101 hands down.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah but it only had 53 applicants this year. I was hoping the 104 would put people off and it seems like it did😜

Posted from TSR Mobile

Funny how the number game works lol.

John's is a pretty sweet college. Their May Ball was rated as the 6th best party in the world in some magazine.

As long as you can put up with the constant hate from everyone else :wink:.
you played that game well, my college had 50 applicants for 6-8 places which is about average for them

The college I applied to, Selwyn, had 69 applicants for 6-8 places, which is about average for the last few years but is still really competitive. The level of competition at King's looked ridiculous though this year!

UCL solely because London is more interesting/fun/central than Warwick which is a bit of a bubble.
Original post by stardude8
The college I applied to, Selwyn, had 69 applicants for 6-8 places, which is about average for the last few years but is still really competitive. The level of competition at King's looked ridiculous though this year!

Yeah kings looked like a nightmare, such a pretty college so no surprise it's popular haha
Did you get an offer from selwyn? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wahrheit
I'm firming UCL L101 too, I'm also interested to see what the competition for places is like at American Unis -for me it's Columbia>>UCLA/Chicago>UPenn/Georgetown>>>>>>>the rest. To be honest I really have my heart set on Columbia but I'm imagining that this the most popular just because it's an Ivy and it's in New York City. There are only 20 places on L101 though according to the FAQ, and I think 10 different unis you can go to in third year. Wondering if that means that they send two to each? Or maybe they are more flexible? I also read somewhere I think you get priority based on your performance in first/second year.

When's your open day?

I feel the same way about Columbia, that's one of the main things I want to find out from the open day tbh, the competition for each of the unis abroad

Mine's Wednesday 3rd of Feb, you?
Yeah kings looked like a nightmare, such a pretty college so no surprise it's popular haha
Did you get an offer from selwyn? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I did :smile: I wasn't expecting it at all after the interviews but I'm so happy to have been given an offer. Well done on yours too! Queens' was a college I was considering myself - it has an awesome combination of modern and old buildings. Why did you choose Queens' out of interest?

Went to Cambridge with my family for the weekend to show them my college - it's definitely given me motivation to ace these a2 exams!
Yes I did :smile: I wasn't expecting it at all after the interviews but I'm so happy to have been given an offer. Well done on yours too! Queens' was a college I was considering myself - it has an awesome combination of modern and old buildings. Why did you choose Queens' out of interest?

Went to Cambridge with my family for the weekend to show them my college - it's definitely given me motivation to ace these a2 exams!

Yeah I thought my interview was awful so was super shocked too
Ngl picked it because stephen fry went there and other people from my school have got in there before, I'd never seen the college before my interview

Yeah I'm feeling the pressure to meet my offer now, what offer have you got?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I thought my interview was awful so was super shocked too
Ngl picked it because stephen fry went there and other people from my school have got in there before, I'd never seen the college before my interview

Yeah I'm feeling the pressure to meet my offer now, what offer have you got?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool :smile: My offer's A*AA, which is high but from the others I've seen it could have been a lot higher. How about you?
Cool :smile: My offer's A*AA, which is high but from the others I've seen it could have been a lot higher. How about you?

Yeah same but mine doesn't include maths which would have been my easiest A*, just further maths economics and eng lit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah same but mine doesn't include maths which would have been my easiest A*, just further maths economics and eng lit

Posted from TSR Mobile

My offer doesn't include maths either, so I've got to try to achieve it in another subject too.
My offer doesn't include maths either, so I've got to try to achieve it in another subject too.

I suppose this has made me focus on my other subjects more though so probably quite beneficial, what subjects are you doing this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending