The Student Room Group

Should I delete her?

Should I?

I used to be pretty good friends with my ex, we'd talk quite frequently, our conversations used to be bidirectional, lately though it's got to the point we'd rarely talk (I do understand to an extent), but it's also to the point where if I don't make the conversation we won't talk at all, and her replies are often bland, so often makes it difficult to continue the conversation.

Should I just delete her, and be done with it? Or should I approach her about it? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Deleting her isn't the same as 'being done with it'.

You think deleting her is like a positive action saying 'hah see I don't need you' and then you'll wait for a while wondering if she noticed or if she cared.

Doing nothing is being done with it. Do that if you really want to be done with it.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Should I?

I used to be pretty good friends with my ex, we'd talk quite frequently, our conversations used to be bidirectional, lately though it's got to the point we'd rarely talk (I do understand to an extent), but it's also to the point where if I don't make the conversation we won't talk at all, and her replies are often bland, so often makes it difficult to continue the conversation.

Should I just delete her, and be done with it? Or should I approach her about it? :frown:

if she is your ex then she's your ex for a reason Obviously the relationship between you two is not leading anywhere and I think your just trying to hold onto something that Isn't there. Clearly she seems ready to move on and maybe you should too
Reply 3
Original post by Adipoptosis

You think deleting her is like a positive action saying 'hah see I don't need you' and then you'll wait for a while wondering if she noticed or if she cared.

Doing nothing is being done with it. Do that if you really want to be done with it.

I see where you're coming from, perhaps I should just hide all of her posts and leave it be, and whenever she talks/make conversations just be dismissive about it?
Why would you approach her about it? If you're her ex and you're no longer interested in her, then what's there to talk about? If you are still interested in her, either as friends or romantically, then why are you considering deleting her?
Reply 5
Original post by superwolf
Why would you approach her about it? If you're her ex and you're no longer interested in her, then what's there to talk about? If you are still interested in her, either as friends or romantically, then why are you considering deleting her?

I'm still interested, but I'm trying my best not to entertain those hopes, as we both agreed we'd avoid it.

As for consider, because it hurts, and I think just getting rid of her would make it go away overtime? :cry:
I'm still interested, but I'm trying my best not to entertain those hopes, as we both agreed we'd avoid it.

As for consider, because it hurts, and I think just getting rid of her would make it go away overtime? :cry:

Well then be adult about it, tell her your feelings and why you think it's best for you not to talk for a while. If she's still interested then that gives her an opportunity to say so, and if she's not then at least you know and can move on with your life.
Reply 7
Original post by superwolf
Well then be adult about it, tell her your feelings and why you think it's best for you not to talk for a while. If she's still interested then that gives her an opportunity to say so, and if she's not then at least you know and can move on with your life.

I wish I could, the entire reason she dumped me in the first place makes it pretty difficult to talk to her about it. She recently spoke to her mum about 'something' which is about why she dumped me, it's been since then that she's been like this.

Part of me think she's just being distant because of the conversation, but then another part of me just thinks she no longer cares.
She's not interested in talking to you if her replies are bland. You're always starting it..

Wake up and stop talking to her. Even if she text you first, just ignore her and move on with your life.
Reply 9
Original post by bittr n swt
She's not interested in talking to you if her replies are bland. You're always starting it..

Wake up and stop talking to her. Even if she text you first, just ignore her and move on with your life.

Thanks! I suppose I just need to stop being an idiot! :smile:
...How do you delete a person...?
Original post by Viceroy

Facebook, obviously...
Reply 12
Original post by Adipoptosis

That's easier said than done. The number of times I've succumbed to the temptation.

There's no easy way around it OP. You'll remember her number, if you delete her. Or you won't remember, you'll delete it and then you'll go through your phone bill to see what it was. Or whatever.

It's part of the experience of being young and insecure. There'll come a point where you genuinely won't give two ****s about what she has to say or what any girl (and most people) has (have) to say, even one you really care about.

Oh, I just read your replies.

Sounds like you're being overeager and turning off someone who can't really qualify as your ex.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 41b
That's easier said than done. The number of times I've succumbed to the temptation.

There's no easy way around it OP. You'll remember her number, if you delete her. Or you won't remember, you'll delete it and then you'll go through your phone bill to see what it was. Or whatever.

It's part of the experience of being young and insecure. There'll come a point where you genuinely won't give two ****s about what she has to say or what any girl (and most people) has (have) to say, even one you really care about.

Oh, I just read your replies.

Sounds like you're being overeager and turning off someone who can't really qualify as your ex.

Please tell me when this happens.

i have a situation where I'm trying to get over someone but I care so much, far too much...!
(edited 9 years ago)
Facebook, obviously...

Maybe you should've written that because your post reads really weirdly.
Original post by Viceroy

made me actually lol
Original post by Viceroy
Maybe you should've written that because your post reads really weirdly.

Maybe it was common sense that I was going on about a social networking website?
Maybe it was common sense that I was going on about a social networking website?

Maybe not. Should've been more specific in the OP. "Should I delete her" sounds really weird with no context.
Deleating someone does not help you forget them mostly, but living your life to max and moving on with them in your contact list seemed best option for me...
Because i simply dont have them in the back of my mind anymore or feel bad about anythng
What is meant to happen will happen eventually,,, things become easier as days go by as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Viceroy
Maybe not. Should've been more specific in the OP. "Should I delete her" sounds really weird with no context.

Well you appear to be the only one not intuitive enough to know I was talking about social networking.

- Though the entire idea of literally deleting a person does seem rather nice :daydreaming:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending