The Student Room Group

are a lot of fitness models just plain vain and narcissistic?

I've been thinking about, despite how hot Anna Nystrom, Bruna Lima, Emily Skye, Jen Selter even etc. all are…that's it. Just a pretty face. I admire their discipline but er, not many of their photos are actually of lifting! All modelling or whatever, sometimes product placement for whatever team they're being sponsored by.

I'm now bored of my **** bank, I've trawled through it 20 times in the last year. I feel like I could be aspiring for more in life than to be the girl that some horny fresher says 'dat ass, I'd tap that'. There must be more to life than squat ass :redface:
bump as last thread was removed
Reply 2
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I've been thinking about, despite how hot Anna Nystrom, Bruna Lima, Emily Skye, Jen Selter even etc. all are…that's it. Just a pretty face. I admire their discipline but er, not many of their photos are actually of lifting! All modelling or whatever, sometimes product placement for whatever team they're being sponsored by.

I'm now bored of my **** bank, I've trawled through it 20 times in the last year. I feel like I could be aspiring for more in life than to be the girl that some horny fresher says 'dat ass, I'd tap that'. There must be more to life than squat ass :redface:

You're right there is.

Develop your character and personality.

Develop your body and aesthetics if you like, we all like to look good but it's not that deep
Wait, you're a girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RollerBall
Wait, you're a girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's definitely a guy :smile:
Original post by RollerBall
Wait, you're a girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

perhaps I am an alien from Rigel 4. One day I will be gone from TSR, my sex is irrelevant, all that matters is that I espouse controversial theories for the sake of debate, flaming and later peace of mind. :smile:
Reply 6
Hes just envious. Anyone can excercise and get a decent body. Layabouts complain they don't get attention/girls/boys because they eat pizza all day and become fat arses.
Original post by Maker
Hes just envious. Anyone can excercise and get a decent body. Layabouts complain they don't get attention/girls/boys because they eat pizza all day and become fat arses.

why are you referring to me in the third person. Not everyone needs to look like a fitness model, and you don't know what my diet/exercise/body compsoition/lifestyle or anything is like. :s-smilie:
perhaps I am an alien from Rigel 4. One day I will be gone from TSR, my sex is irrelevant, all that matters is that I espouse controversial theories for the sake of debate, flaming and later peace of mind. :smile:

But you don't expose controversial theories, most of it is rambling about your problems.

Nor are you an alien
Original post by Angry cucumber
But you don't expose controversial theories, most of it is rambling about your problems.

Nor are you an alien

off Fitness I espouse controversial theories.

Perhaps I'm not an alien, my gender is irrelevant is all I mean.
Reply 10
why are you referring to me in the third person. Not everyone needs to look like a fitness model, and you don't know what my diet/exercise/body compsoition/lifestyle or anything is like. :s-smilie:

I know you don't look like a fitness model because if you are, you won't be on here bad mouthing them. Get back to your pizza matey, its getting warm.
Original post by Maker
I know you don't look like a fitness model because if you are, you won't be on here bad mouthing them. Get back to your pizza matey, its getting warm.

I said 'a lot', and I meant the rise of fitness models taking selfless then putting them on Instagram knowing full well tons of people will get off to them, almost basking in the power.

I doubt you look like a fitness model, neither of us need to, why are you assuming that because I am not a fitness model, I must be a pizza-gorging obese slob? Much generalisation wow :s-smilie:
Reply 12
I said 'a lot', and I meant the rise of fitness models taking selfless then putting them on Instagram knowing full well tons of people will get off to them, almost basking in the power.

I doubt you look like a fitness model, neither of us need to, why are you assuming that because I am not a fitness model, I must be a pizza-gorging obese slob? Much generalisation wow :s-smilie:

I don't know why you should be bothered by what sort of people post on Instagram. Why don't you post pics of yourself on it to counteract all those people you don't like?

It does not matter what I look like since I am not whining about models. But I am quite fit since I do situps everyday and swim a lot. I am going to join the gym later this month once the fatties have given up or died when their new years' resolutions run out.
[QUOTE=Maker;53179965]I don't know why you should be bothered by what sort of people post on Instagram. Why don't you post pics of yourself on it to counteract all those people you don't like?

It does not matter what I look like since I am not whining about models. But I am quite fit since I do situps everyday and swim a lot. I am going to join the gym later this month once the fatties have given up or died when their new years' resolutions run out.

mostly because I think I have to be like them, it's my fault if I am not and therefore life is lower quality etc.

I'm fit-ish, probably not as fit as you.

I want to avoid developing self-absorption myself, or more self-absorption than I already have one might say! So best not to post pics of myself. Also don't know if you've noticed but my accounts are tarred, 2/3 of the posts read like therapy notes.
Reply 14
mostly because I think I have to be like them, it's my fault if I am not and therefore life is lower quality etc.

I'm fit-ish, probably not as fit as you.

I want to avoid developing self-absorption myself, or more self-absorption than I already have one might say! So best not to post pics of myself. Also don't know if you've noticed but my accounts are tarred, 2/3 of the posts read like therapy notes.

The Internet is hardly the place for therapy.
Original post by Maker
The Internet is hardly the place for therapy.

A great place for self loathing and validating positives or negatives about yourself though.

I don't think he can help this problem.
Well when you look like this your going to be a little narcissistic and to be honest rightfully so.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
I don't think being a fitness model is narcissistic at all, male or female. Someone has started training to get into shape, and eventually developed a great physique and such a love for training and so on that they've jumped at the chance to make a career out of something they're passionate about. I doubt there's much "Yeah, I'm a fitness model, I'm so damn hot, check me out" about it.
Original post by mightylordoftime
Well when you look like this your going to be a little narcissistic and to be honest rightfully so.

Yes she's hot, I'm not sure whether anyone should be entitled to voluntary narcissism (as opposed to NPD which is a mental illness). Narcissism is quite serious and extends beyond heightened confidence and self-absorption.

examples of narcissism on NPD scale:

'you should aspire to be me, for I am better than you;

'if I don't like you or feel you're good enough, it's your fault, you're not good enough (again I am better than you)'

'your life should revolve around me'

'I have power over you and this is how the world is supposed to be'

'nothing I do or say to you can be wrong because you are inherently inferior'

this justifies things like cheating, hypergamy etc.-in fact it is the principle behind attraction is amoral.

I don't know, perhaps it is all my time on PUA and Redpill but I genuinely get a 'I'm a bitch, you'll never have me and you love me for me reminding you of your inadequacies' vibe from Anna and some others.

Original post by WoodyMKC
I don't think being a fitness model is narcissistic at all, male or female. Someone has started training to get into shape, and eventually developed a great physique and such a love for training and so on that they've jumped at the chance to make a career out of something they're passionate about. I doubt there's much "Yeah, I'm a fitness model, I'm so damn hot, check me out" about it.

Yes, certainly, a lot of fitness models are simply working damn hard. I have no qualms with them. But then you get ^^^ and though she may be damn fine and great poon for my bank she puts up a helluvalot of pouty selfless. You get men doing it too, rarer but still. It's this latter which I call out as probably vain narcissists. It's possible that she like her type is just doing what she enjoys most, but the swarm of Instagram models would say otherwise.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes she's hot, I'm not sure whether anyone should be entitled to voluntary narcissism (as opposed to NPD which is a mental illness). Narcissism is quite serious and extends beyond heightened confidence and self-absorption.

examples of narcissism on NPD scale:

'you should aspire to be me, for I am better than you;

'if I don't like you or feel you're good enough, it's your fault, you're not good enough (again I am better than you)'

'your life should revolve around me'

'I have power over you and this is how the world is supposed to be'

'nothing I do or say to you can be wrong because you are inherently inferior'

this justifies things like cheating, hypergamy etc.-in fact it is the principle behind attraction is amoral.

I don't know, perhaps it is all my time on PUA and Redpill but I genuinely get a 'I'm a bitch, you'll never have me and you love me for me reminding you of your inadequacies' vibe from Anna and some others.

Yes, certainly, a lot of fitness models are simply working damn hard. I have no qualms with them. But then you get ^^^ and though she may be damn fine and great poon for my bank she puts up a helluvalot of pouty selfless. You get men doing it too, rarer but still. It's this latter which I call out as probably vain narcissists. It's possible that she like her type is just doing what she enjoys most, but the swarm of Instagram models would say otherwise.

There are tonnes of pretty famous male fitness models out there mate. Sergi Constance, Simeon Panda, Lazar Angelov and Ulysses Jr. to name some of the most famous ones.

Quick Reply

Latest