The Student Room Group

Are these gender characteristics generally true or just stereotypes?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by civilstudent
Was reading about relationships and life etc and came across a site about the 'red pill' mentality which holds some of the following views on gender:

19.) Women are depreciating assets, their major asset and unique selling point is their sexual beauty and fertility. Most of them squander their best years on “riding the cock carousel,” which means ****ing lots of different guys they met in nightclubs in a daze of smoke-filled hedonism. Most women spend the bulk of their 20’s being generally irresponsible and riding through life on easy mode getting ahead on beauty rather than talent thinking they have all the time in the world “to settle down.” Then around the age of 30, they reach something known as “the wall,” their fertility falls off a cliff alongside their looks and they clamour in desperation to find a man to settle down with. Women are born, their ability to conceive children is what makes them women.

20.)
In contrast, men are not born, they are created. Pain, poverty, difficulty, heartache, oppression: these are the things which make men out of boys. This is why you searched the internet for something akin to the red pill philosophy. Conflict and pain is what forges the masculine mindset, men cannot grow without conflict and retrospectively analysing their mistakes. Men need to apply their logical minds to problems which arise in their lives, elevate themselves, and then transcend their previous selves to become more powerful. Men are never born, they are always bred in the bloody fields of battle, be it a war that is economic, mental, physical or all of these things. A man is a soldier of differing kinds, a man has learnt to repress his fear and hone the adrenaline that fear elicits to attack his limitations so that he may breach his comfort zone and work towards his dreams.

Quoted for truth.

Ps. I'm not an angry single guy by the way. In fact the complete opposite - in a 4 year relationship with my gf who I love very much.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 21
Apparantly a 'red pill' follower whatever that means. maybe it's just a load of bull unless anyone can pick any truths out of it.

red pill / blue pill are references to the MGTOW movement
it's generally correct tbh, redpill goes too far with the aspie woman hating bull**** but their core values are generally true
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arkarian
Are you talking about equality?
Because from where I'm standing in the 'not part of we all camp because I'm bisexual' it doesn't seem that specifying that love is only wanted from opposite genders, plus the different types of love so you can say you 'love' your mum AND dad. or am I wrong and you only 'love' the one of opposite sex?

Not sure I have understood your point but love , of course, can come from any one, any gender - I only mentioned the opposite gender because that was what was being mentioned in particular in the OP's quote.
Original post by pickup
Not sure I have understood your point but love , of course, can come from any one, any gender - I only mentioned the opposite gender because that was what was being mentioned in particular in the OP's quote.

Sorry lol, me in my ranty mood saw 'by people of the opposite' as specifying that only that relationship has love or whatever.

Didn't mean anything against you sorry.
Original post by H.N.I.C
red pill / blue pill are references to the MGTOW movement

Don't you mean the Matrix?
Sorry lol, me in my ranty mood saw 'by people of the opposite' as specifying that only that relationship has love or whatever.

Didn't mean anything against you sorry.

Thanks, sorry my original post was unclear.
Something that is generally true is a stereotype... that's what the word means...
Reply 28
There is an element of truth to some of it, but it twists, exaggerates and oversimplifies it so much that reading that just gave me a nosebleed.
I guess someone was foreveralone when they wrote 19) and watching Mulan when they wrote 20)
Original post by tomfailinghelp
Something that is generally true is a stereotype... that's what the word means...

(I'm just expanding on what you said, not directly attacking you or anything, so don't worry. (Unless you have bad opinions about some stereotypes.)

stereotype |ˈstɛrɪə(ʊ)tʌɪp, ˈstɪərɪə(ʊ)-|
noun
1 a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing: the stereotype of the woman as the carer | sexual and racial stereotypes.
a person or thing that conforms to such an image: don't treat anyone as a stereotype.
2 a relief printing plate cast in a mould made from composed type or an original plate.

Only the first works in this case but lets explain!

'a widely held but fixed'

AKA

Tons of people 'apparently' think it, which would make them simple minded. (at least to the idea that people don't 'always' conform)

'oversimplified image or idea'

AKA

People who stereotype apparently have no imagination. Seriously though, grouping in people because you 'think' they fit into a group... Just, no.

lol.
Apparantly a 'red pill' follower whatever that means. maybe it's just a load of bull unless anyone can pick any truths out of it.

Oh lord, the 'red pill'. Reminds me of this:
http://vimeo.com/64941331
Original post by MAINE.
Quoted for truth.

Women are assets whose value depreciates over the years, due to their 'waning beauty', and men are logical brave soldiers?
Reply 33
Original post by молодой гений
Women are assets whose value depreciates over the years, due to their 'waning beauty', and men are logical brave soldiers?

The only value that women really have is in their genetic potential, the most obvious expression of this being how attractive they are.

See the article below as a perfect example:

http://nypost.com/2013/11/07/wife-must-pay-120k-for-disclosing-plastic-surgeries/

Summary: Man gets married to woman. They have kids. Kids are incredibly ugly. Man thinks "wtf how did this happen". Discovers that wife had not told him she had $100,000 worth of plastic surgery to disguise her ugliness.
Original post by MAINE.
The only value that women really have is in their genetic potential, the most obvious expression of this being how attractive they are.

Charming.
Reply 35
Original post by молодой гений
Charming.

Exactly. You can't prove me wrong.
(I'm just expanding on what you said, not directly attacking you or anything, so don't worry. (Unless you have bad opinions about some stereotypes.)

stereotype |ˈstɛrɪə(ʊ)tʌɪp, ˈstɪərɪə(ʊ)-|
noun
1 a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing: the stereotype of the woman as the carer | sexual and racial stereotypes.
a person or thing that conforms to such an image: don't treat anyone as a stereotype.
2 a relief printing plate cast in a mould made from composed type or an original plate.

Only the first works in this case but lets explain!

'a widely held but fixed'

AKA

Tons of people 'apparently' think it, which would make them simple minded. (at least to the idea that people don't 'always' conform)

'oversimplified image or idea'

AKA

People who stereotype apparently have no imagination. Seriously though, grouping in people because you 'think' they fit into a group... Just, no.

lol.

Right, so we should never place people into groups?

Such a suggestion is ridiculous. Groups and simplifications are necessary, because unfortunately it is rare that everyone can be catered to individually.

You're very naive if you think it is possible to live, or achieve anything without using groups and stereotypes.
I really really identify with the second paragraph, and that worries me.. :P
Original post by MAINE.
Exactly. You can't prove me wrong.

No, no I can't. You're welcome to believe whatever you choose.

I just can't help but wonder what on earth makes you believe that having a vagina reduces a person's humanity to their 'beauty / genetic potential' alone, and having a penis makes them a good, brave soldier, and so on and so forth ad nauseam.

Men, by the way, also reproduce. Why is their value not reduced to their 'reproductive potential' alone? I can equally argue that having a penis makes them only as good as their sperm, i.e. their genetic potential, i.e. their beauty.
It's ridiculous, but it tricks people due to their innate sexism that they develop to overcome their own insecurity. Given that they have this incumbent sexism it is easily extrapolated from via confirmation bias (which they have, again because they're insecure) so that you end up with the absurdity that is MGTOW.

Essentially let them. Go your own way, nobody cares.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending