The Student Room Group

Old special papers

I will start a new thread posting some challenging questions from old papers starting from 1992 and work backwards to the 80s and 70s.

These questions come from the London Board Spec B and Spec D, which renamed to ULEAC from 1993 to 1997, EdExcel from 1997 and now Pearson.

The actual papers from which these questions have been drawn were called SPECIAL PAPERS.

Where marking schemes exist I will eventually post them.

There will be particular useful for people attempting STEP, if they want additional practice with material rarely seen these days.

If there is interest I will start a similar thread for the FURTHER SPECIAL PAPERS

PS Apologies if the quality for some of them is not great.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I still have some from the 70s that you were interested in but forgot to copy it over. These are cool cheers!
Reply 2
Original post by Tiri
I still have some from the 70s that you were interested in but forgot to copy it over. These are cool cheers!

I will copy these if I do not have them already.
many thanks
Reply 3
Hello friend

Since long, i've been looking for Edexcel A-Level maths exam papers between 1997 and 2001 (pure + mechanics + statistics), but in vain.

Can you please help me?

Thank you very much.
Reply 4
Original post by ysan
Hello friend

Since long, i've been looking for Edexcel A-Level maths exam papers between 1997 and 2001 (pure + mechanics + statistics), but in vain.

Can you please help me?

Thank you very much.

perhaps ...
Original post by TeeEm
perhaps ...

OMG. Step 1 2006 has the exact same question as question 1 on this paper.... These papers may be of some use.......
Reply 6
Original post by physicsmaths
OMG. Step 1 2006 has the exact same question as question 1 on this paper.... These papers may be of some use.......

:colone:
Original post by TeeEm
Standard Special Paper 1992, Q8 and Q9

Attachment not found

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator :eek:
Reply 8
Original post by the bear
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator :eek:

does it work now?
Original post by TeeEm
does it work now?

no

:cry:
Reply 10
no

it works for me.

somebody else had a similar problem using an app from their phone
but it worked fine from the browser in his computer
Reply 11
no

I am getting an error message ...invalid etc ... if I click in your quote from yesterday
Original post by TeeEm
I am getting an error message ...invalid etc ... if I click in your quote from yesterday

i was clicking in my quote... it works fine now on your post. :thumbsup:
Reply 13
Bloody hell. I'm surprised someone has kept these all these years!

I wonder what gold they must have in university archives..
These special papers for what kind of Math?As C12?
Reply 15
Original post by PlayerBB
These special papers for what kind of Math?As C12?

They are old exams that used to be taken at the same time as A levels for people who were really good at A level. You could get a Distinction, Merit or Fail(!) to go with your A level grade!
Oh thank you dude !! Is there the solution or the answers if there are that would be great :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TeeEm

Thanks very much for posting these, there do seem fairly similar to STEP standard.

I'm also surprised at how many stats questions there are, because its hard to set a difficult stats question at this level because you don't learn a huge amount at A-Level!
Original post by TeeEm
Standard Special Paper 1988, Q17

Attachment not found

Wrong question :colondollar:

Please can you attach the right one?
Original post by TeeEm
will do this aftenoon

You've just swapped the links around for these papers, hopefully you can easily fix. I've already got it from your other thread :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending