The Student Room Group

Is my GF mad at me? ... What to do?

We were having such a nice conversation over the phone then suddenly she found out I've been talking to this ex-friend of hers. In my defence, it's the first time I've contacted her ex-friend, and it was only to talk about this party on Friday.

I'm probably not going to the party because it looks like my GF hasn't been invited anway.

My GF said "You know what just don't tell me, it sounds like it's probably better if I don't know".

I feel like a right idiot right now, what do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Well if she hasn't been invited but she has invited you her ex friend is probably trying to get somewhere with you and your girlfriend knows this and because you are talking to her, it's making her jealous, but really you need to talk to her and let her explain
Reply 2
Original post by Dannilouise1995
Well if she hasn't been invited but she has invited you her ex friend is probably trying to get somewhere with you and your girlfriend knows this and because you are talking to her, it's making her jealous, but really you need to talk to her and let her explain

Actually I've just checked, my GF was invited to the party.

Honestly, I can't accept people as friends if they've disrespected my GF. I'm not trying to be friends or anything with her ex-friend, I just wanted to know the deal with the party.
Original post by Dodgypirate
Actually I've just checked, my GF was invited to the party.

Honestly, I can't accept people as friends if they've disrespected my GF. I'm not trying to be friends or anything with her ex-friend, I just wanted to know the deal with the party.

Okay, well she probably thought something was going on, it's her ex friend afterall :smile:
Some people are just super touchy about that type stuff, you didn't do anything wrong imo. If that's all there was to the convo and she was also invited then there's no real reason to make a fuss out of it
Reply 5
Okay, well she probably thought something was going on, it's her ex friend afterall :smile:

Her text came off as really angry though, I'm pretty sure she's mad at me because I've basically broken a rule: never speak to ex-friends :/

What should I do?
Reply 6
Original post by alexschmalex
Some people are just super touchy about that type stuff, you didn't do anything wrong imo. If that's all there was to the convo and she was also invited then there's no real reason to make a fuss out of it

But doesn't it seem like she's mad at me? Or maybe that she thinks something's going on?

It might be nothing, but I've just got a bad feeling about this ...

What should I do?
Her text came off as really angry though, I'm pretty sure she's mad at me because I've basically broken a rule: never speak to ex-friends :/

What should I do?

Did she tell you this rule before you spoke to her or did she just tell you this minute?
Reply 8
Did she tell you this rule before you spoke to her or did she just tell you this minute?

No she hadn't told me about not talking to her ex-friend before.

She also brought up how her ex-friend and I were talking on New Year's Eve in the kitchen ... but I was just being civil with her!

I don't know whether I should take it as my GF being mad, or if it's nothing?

If she's mad, I can see where she's coming from though.
No she hadn't told me about not talking to her ex-friend before.

She also brought up how her ex-friend and I were talking on New Year's Eve in the kitchen ... but I was just being civil with her!

I don't know whether I should take it as my GF being mad, or if it's nothing?

If she's mad, I can see where she's coming from though.

But shes only just made that rule so really you didn't break that rule to be honest
But shes only just made that rule so really you didn't break that rule to be honest

I know, but isn't a non-spoken rule to not talk with ex-friends?

I'd feel a bit iffy if she went to talk to an ex-friend of mine, you know?
I know, but isn't a non-spoken rule to not talk with ex-friends?

I'd feel a bit iffy if she went to talk to an ex-friend of mine, you know?

i guess so, just do what you thinks best, tell her your sorry she might understand if you just talk to her :smile:
will try again with this chum.

If she wasn't invited, she's right to sense a red flag (unless your gf really hates this ex-friend;can you share why EX?)

If she was, then this is a variant of the gf talks to guy friend/gf talks to girl friend scenario, she's just getting needy/jealousy like some girls do (and guys to a lesser extent)

How did you get ex-friend's number? Vague scenario needs more context man.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
will try again with this guy who needs help.

If she wasn't invited, she's right to sense a red flag (unless your gf really hates this ex-friend;can you share why EX?)

If she was, then this is a variant of the gf talks to guy friend/gf talks to girl friend scenario, she's just getting needy/jealousy like some girls do (and guys to a lesser extent)

How did you get ex-friend's number? Vague scenario needs more context man.

Fixed that for you.

My GF sent me this this afternoon "Obviously I'm not (worried about you getting with her) I'm worried she's bitch about me and you're buying it"

The bitch we're talking about, her ex-friend, is a selfish, manipulative whore who only thinks about her self and her problems. I met her when I went to get my GF on our first date. I admit she seemed nice then, but after 8 months of knowing her, she's a bitch.

My GF had to deal with 3-4 months trying to "fix" things between them, but on a night out she decided to give up.

My GF *is* invited to the party, but is unlikely to want to go. I only wanted to go because I thought my GF would too.

The way I see it is that I'm broken an un-spoken rule that you shouldn't talk to your GF's/BF's ex-friends/enemies.

I actually don't think she's that mad at me.
Reply 14
That's a stupid rule imo. You're bf/gf shouldn't dictate who you can and can't speak to. My bf talks to people I can't stand/ex friends of mine and vice versa, if my bf walked up to me and said I'm jealous of/I don't like that dude and I don't want you talking to him I'd kick off. You can talk to who ever you want to talk to, there's no unwritten rule and a relationship shouldn't control who you have conversations with, and unless the conversation was inappropriate you have no reason to feel bad about it. Some people may see it differently but that's my personal opinion.
Reply 15
We were having such a nice conversation over the phone then suddenly she found out I've been talking to this ex-friend of hers. In my defence, it's the first time I've contacted her ex-friend, and it was only to talk about this party on Friday.

I'm probably not going to the party because it looks like my GF hasn't been invited anway.

My GF said "You know what just don't tell me, it sounds like it's probably better if I don't know".

I feel like a right idiot right now, what do I do?

Break up with her
Fixed that for you.

My GF sent me this this afternoon "Obviously I'm not (worried about you getting with her) I'm worried she's bitch about me and you're buying it"

The bitch we're talking about, her ex-friend, is a selfish, manipulative whore who only thinks about her self and her problems. I met her when I went to get my GF on our first date. I admit she seemed nice then, but after 8 months of knowing her, she's a bitch.

My GF had to deal with 3-4 months trying to "fix" things between them, but on a night out she decided to give up.

My GF *is* invited to the party, but is unlikely to want to go. I only wanted to go because I thought my GF would too.

The way I see it is that I'm broken an un-spoken rule that you shouldn't talk to your GF's/BF's ex-friends/enemies.

I actually don't think she's that mad at me.

Honestly sounds like you are more angry at yourself for breaking this 'don't talk to bitchy selfish ex-friends' rule and she's just worried that she'll manipulate you. Assuming she is indeed, a selfish manipulative whore. You would be surprised how many people are thought of that way once they reveal they have depression or something. But you've made your mind up-if you don't feel she's changed (as in the phone call was still unpleasant), don't go to the party, perhaps apologise and explain to your gf, and leave it there.
Original post by ABerrie
That's a stupid rule imo. You're bf/gf shouldn't dictate who you can and can't speak to. My bf talks to people I can't stand/ex friends of mine and vice versa, if my bf walked up to me and said I'm jealous of/I don't like that dude and I don't want you talking to him I'd kick off. You can talk to who ever you want to talk to, there's no unwritten rule and a relationship shouldn't control who you have conversations with, and unless the conversation was inappropriate you have no reason to feel bad about it. Some people may see it differently but that's my personal opinion.

Except this has nothing to do with jealousy. My GF's just worried her ex-friend is bitching about her and is worried I'm buying it - which I'm not.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Honestly sounds like you are more angry at yourself for breaking this 'don't talk to bitchy selfish ex-friends' rule and she's just worried that she'll manipulate you. Assuming she is indeed, a selfish manipulative whore. You would be surprised how many people are thought of that way once they reveal they have depression or something. But you've made your mind up-if you don't feel she's changed (as in the phone call was still unpleasant), don't go to the party, perhaps apologise and explain to your gf, and leave it there.

So my GF said she was worried that her ex-friend would bitch about her and that I would buy it. That's all there was to it.

The phone call we had was pleasant minus the "pissed off at my ex-friend part" I just saw it differently. It's all good, I'm seeing my GF Friday and I don't think we'll go to the party - it's not worth it.
So my GF said she was worried that her ex-friend would bitch about her and that I would buy it. That's all there was to it.

The phone call we had was pleasant minus the "pissed off at my ex-friend part" I just saw it differently. It's all good, I'm seeing my GF Friday and I don't think we'll go to the party - it's not worth it.

job done :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest