The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by Zürich
Utd have put us out of the Cup 3 times since 2005 IIRC and of course there was the Giggs semi final in 1999, so they have form against us. But I wouldnt be distraught at a home tie against them really although even then they can take us to the replay and beat us so obviously best avoided if possible

Why are football fans so superstitious? Arsene Wenger said it best "football is not made of history, football is made of performances".
Monaco going really well in Ligue 1. Could be a potential banana skin for you lot in the next round of the CL.
Original post by al_94
Why are football fans so superstitious? Arsene Wenger said it best "football is not made of history, football is made of performances".

Go back to the United vs Arsenal game at the Emirates this season and you will see why.
Come on you Gunners, let's win another CUP!! Is it naive of me to already be semi-celebrating our victory. :biggrin:
Reply 284
Original post by AliyaHussain
Come on you Gunners, let's win another CUP!! Is it naive of me to already be semi-celebrating our victory. :biggrin:

I was celebrating last season after Wigan beat Man City I knew we would win the cup.
Original post by al_94
I was celebrating last season after Wigan beat Man City I knew we would win the cup.

Ditto. I can't help it.

Man city- out
Chelsea- out
Tottenham- out
Southampton - out

Only got Liverpool and United who are actual threats, and then the cups ours to lose.
Although I'm thinking Leicter City could be the dark horse in the competition.
I don't know... wait until the draw today before I go crazy.
I'd do anything for Cambridge to somehow rain on United's parade at OT but it's an unlikely victory. Same could be said for Bradford at Chelsea though...
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I'd do anything for Cambridge to somehow rain on United's parade at OT but it's an unlikely victory. Same could be said for Bradford at Chelsea though...
Here's hoping

No chance, but here's hoping. You never know, if they have a bad day...
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

Not gonna happen. Utd already underestimated them once but I doubt they will again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Monaco going really well in Ligue 1. Could be a potential banana skin for you lot in the next round of the CL.

agree.

I get that people are happy because we drew one of the easier teams out of those we could have drawn..

But just because they are easier then bayern or barca, does not mean we will walk over them, and not have any difficulties.
Original post by fallen_acorns
agree.

I get that people are happy because we drew one of the easier teams out of those we could have drawn..

But just because they are easier then bayern or barca, does not mean we will walk over them, and not have any difficulties.

Anyone who thinks we will definitely beat monaco is a mug. Same goes for those who think the FA cup is in the bag already.
Original post by fallen_acorns
agree.

Berbatov to score...
Reply 292
Think it's more of a case that we have a better chance if qualifying for the QF. It's not going to be an easy ride by any means, I mean come on - this is the champions league. I don't think any Arsenal fan is, or should be, thinking that this tie is already pretty much won.
Original post by VanGaalOut
Lol @ the notion Wenger controlling the exchange market.

He ain't he just knows his ****.
Girlfriend works with this girl who won 16 grand on a 2 quid accumulator on the FA cup results. Kicking myself for not putting a cheeky bet down myself.

Here's the story: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/football-fan-makes-16000-by-predicting-unlikely-victories-10002203.html
Original post by De Chirico
Girlfriend works with this girl who won 16 grand on a 2 quid accumulator on the FA cup results. Kicking myself for not putting a cheeky bet down myself.

Here's the story: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/football-fan-makes-16000-by-predicting-unlikely-victories-10002203.html

So you are from Hackney and know a certain Rosie Leigh :colone:
Original post by De Chirico

You could spend £16,000 trying to chase unlikely accumulators like that for ages.
Original post by Zerforax
You could spend £16,000 trying to chase unlikely accumulators like that for ages.

True. She reckons she spent about 2k in the last few years on obscure results. Paid off now tho.
Original post by sevchenko
Wenger's economics degree coming in handy

The man is a proper superscrimper. Every penny counts mentality

Wengernomics.
What do you think of arsenal?

Latest