The Student Room Group

How do you feel about extremely attractive but extremely arrogant and selfish types

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ebony19
Meh, waste of time emotional vacuum.

Neeeext!

who, me or them?
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
what's with the sarcasm, you must have encountered the types I mean

Its not sarcasm.
I guess what in trying to say is that their good looks dont make up for the fact that they are ********s.
Reply 22
true :smile: yeah I do wonder whether we have become too image based, at the same time I am a bit vain :cool:

it isn't you fault; it isn't anybody's fault.
it's literally an evolved instinct.

the issue is that human innovation is significantly faster than human evolution.
we create new technologies and adopt new behaviours much faster than we evolve.
i don't wanna get off topic and talk about evolutionary psychology too much, but the simple fact is that being attracted to good looks is adaptive.
Original post by Lúcio
it isn't you fault; it isn't anybody's fault.
it's literally an evolved instinct.

the issue is that human innovation is significantly faster than human evolution.
we create new technologies and adopt new behaviours much faster than we evolve.
i don't wanna get off topic and talk about evolutionary psychology too much, but the simple fact is that being attracted to good looks is adaptive.

attraction is amoral aye :wink:
Reply 24
Having met several female narcissists, let's just say that I do not have a high opinion of them, and no amount of "good looks" can make up for their serious personality flaws in my eyes.
who, me or them?
Them.

For someone who claims to be incapable of feeling emotions and to have aspergers and various other problems you are a sensitive one.
Original post by Ebony19
Them.

For someone who claims to be incapable of feeling emotions and to have aspergers and various other problems you are a sensitive one.

incapable of feeling emotions? Not at all, I think I have the emotional management of an 8 year old, possibly due to undiagnosed ASD, perhaps 'just' anxiety issues, etc.

you don't need to sugar-coat this ****, call me a pussy if you must, even the girls on here have. Would a real man really need to whine about genduh roles all this much, no only pussies do.
(edited 9 years ago)
I think if someone is behaving arrogantly/ trying to rub their advantages in your face, it only means that they are insecure, not happy with who they are and trying to prove their self-worth to themselves/others, so need some lovin'.. :wink:

Source: been that person (slowly improving..)
(edited 9 years ago)
incapable of feeling emotions? Not at all, I think I have the emotional management of an 8 year old, possibly due to undiagnosed ASD, perhaps 'just' anxiety issues, etc.
Oh okay. Why did you ask the original question in the op?
Original post by Ebony19
Oh okay. Why did you ask the original question in the op?

I made some thread about how I think a recent swarm of Instagram-dwelling fitness models are evidence towards the growing narcissism/selfie culture, and got told [sic] 'just cos you're jealous they look better than you, now stop whining and go get your pizza fatty it's getting cold'
I made some thread about how I think a recent swarm of Instagram-dwelling fitness models are evidence towards the growing narcissism/selfie culture, and got told [sic] 'just cos you're jealous they look better than you, now stop whining and go get your pizza fatty it's getting cold'
Right well just shows who's the problem then really doesn't it.

[sic] who me or them?'

...Them.
Firstly Anna is stupendously hot

Now as hot as she is, she has no right to look down on others. Everyone on the planet including Anna has flaws. Its just some of us are better at hiding them. She may be hotter than most girls but that does not give her a superiority over people (not that she does).
Reply 32
How do I feel about extremely attractive but extremely arrogant and selfish types, with NPD levels of arrogance?

In short, much the same as was the common sentiment towards people of Judaic heritage during the Third Reich. Only the Jews and others didn't deserve to be gassed. The types you described though, hmmm... Therein lies the meta-difference.

There's nothing wrong with hatred when the target of hate is actually deserving, methinks. Still, people like that (once correctly identified, do not do this on the wrong person) are great sport to publicly humiliate by ripping their masks off and showing up their rancid true colours, creating a situation where everyone sees them for how they truly are and despises them for it. That hurts them worse than being flayed alive, particularly when any plans of theirs to get revenge are frustrated and they are left violently sobbing into a pillow. Guilt-free sadism. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest