I don't even know
I didnt even try counting haha
I'm sure yours will come soon

Ah okay, I hope so! Lol
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Flamehaze
Going with the flow of TSR. *ohhh the thread is pretty quiet lets send out an offer plus a few rejections to heat things up. Lol

hahaha probably true
Original post by powelsmartin
Are you sure that Oxford looks better on paper? LSE from what I know has better job prospects which is a big plus.

Thank you for your advice! I think the fact that I am defending LSE means I definitely want to go there.

Just a matter of personal opinion tbh. LSE has great, immediate city connections, but Oxford PPE is useful for working in the city, journalism, and of course front-line politics. That said, job prospects aren't too big a consideration; whichever course of the two you choose, your job prospects will be excellent.

You're welcome! I agree. Have a good think about it though and be sure to choose the one where you know you'll be happiest :smile:

Are you sure that Oxford looks better on paper? LSE from what I know has better job prospects which is a big plus.

Thank you for your advice! I think the fact that I am defending LSE means I definitely want to go there.

Oxford PPE will open doors that LSE won't. Just look at all the notable alumni the course has produced.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Oxford PPE will open doors that LSE won't. Just look at all the notable alumni the course has produced.

Bad idea to choose to spend three years studying a course just because of the alumni it's produced
Original post by Boy_wonder_95

Aren't all those alumni from rich backgrounds? I am looking at all the politicians which were well off enough initially to even join the Bullington club. Also Oxford is much older so it had many more centuries to produce these alumni.

What kind of doors will Oxford open that LSE won't?

Thank you.

Martin
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Just a matter of personal opinion tbh. LSE has great, immediate city connections, but Oxford PPE is useful for working in the city, journalism, and of course front-line politics. That said, job prospects aren't too big a consideration; whichever course of the two you choose, your job prospects will be excellent.

You're welcome! I agree. Have a good think about it though and be sure to choose the one where you know you'll be happiest :smile:

Thank you again. I know that I do not want to go into politics (which is why I applied for philosophy and economics) and journalism does not seem like a very well-paid job either. Hence I imagine Oxford's advantage according to this is lost.

I guess LSE is the obvious pick for me then...
Thank you again. I know that I do not want to go into politics (which is why I applied for philosophy and economics) and journalism does not seem like a very well-paid job either. Hence I imagine Oxford's advantage according to this is lost.

I guess LSE is the obvious pick for me then...

Try listing the pros and cons about going to Oxford or LSE,
then do a cost-benefit analysis:biggrin: If they are more or less on the same level,
go with your heart! Both Institutions have excellent career prospects!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by stichybabe
Try listing the pros and cons about going to Oxford or LSE,
then do a cost-benefit analysis:biggrin: If they are more or less on the same level,
go with your heart! Both Institutions have excellent career prospects!

Thank you for the advice! I have done this and LSE strongly comes up on top in both cases but I have been told several times that I am making a mistake...

I think I will go with LSE then :smile:
Thank you for the advice! I have done this and LSE strongly comes up on top in both cases but I have been told several times that I am making a mistake...

Don't care too much about what people tell you! They are not going to do the degree, but you are! Looking at your previous posts , I can see that you really like LSE! LSE is a good choice and so is Oxford!
Original post by stichybabe
Don't care too much about what people tell you! They are not going to do the degree, but you are! Looking at your previous posts , I can see that you really like LSE! LSE is a good choice and so is Oxford!

Yes, I do! LSE seems like a so much better choice, I honestly cannot understand what this hype over Oxford is, which is why I asked on this forum.
Yes, I do! LSE seems like a so much better choice, I honestly cannot understand what this hype over Oxford is, which is why I asked on this forum.

Guess that we would be schoolmates in September! :biggrin:
(Assuming that I can get my grades A*AA for law ) :tongue:
Reply 2732

Just saying LSE has better career prospects just for the fact it is in London and surrounded by banks.
And Cambridge is a lot better than Oxford right now (and past few years) imo
Guessing no offers on TSR today?
Original post by ETRC
Just saying LSE has better career prospects just for the fact it is in London and surrounded by banks.
And Cambridge is a lot better than Oxford right now (and past few years) imo

Maybe that is the reason but it doesn't make the prospects any worse.

I agree that Cambridge is better, which is one of the reasons why I applied to Oxford (I thought it would be easier to get an offer). The economics course at Cambridge seems much more interesting but I also wanted a larger proportion of philosophy to break up all that maths.
Since I didn't apply there, Cambridge is not an option and LSE definitely looks much more appealing than Oxford.
same i applied just after oxbridge closing date where else have u applied
Original post by jchap9776
Guessing no offers on TSR today?

All quite on the lse front today it seems :/
Original post by alapalooza
Yep, got a conditional offer a couple of weeks ago. You?

Still haven't heard from them, on my 18th week.
Original post by CiaranAndrew
Yeah received an offer at the start of January, how long have they kept you waiting so far?

Congrats! I'm on my 18th week, still haven't heard from them.
Reply 2739
I applied in October and still haven't heard anything :/ anyone else??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending