The Student Room Group

Palestine doesn't show on Google maps

I already wrote this on a thread but thought it deserved it's own thread.

If you manually look at Palestine on a map, the name doesn't show. All other countries (Israel (which If anything is the illegitimate state rather than Palestine)Jordan, Syria, etc)show, but not Palestine.

If you actually search for Palestine, it shows where it is, but the name isn't shown on the map.

Now tell me that's not some absolute conspiracy fueling, Zionist **** right there?
Reply 1
Original post by Steezy
I already wrote this on a thread but thought it deserved it's own thread.

If you manually look at Palestine on a map, the name doesn't show. All other countries (Israel (which If anything is the illegitimate state rather than Palestine)Jordan, Syria, etc)show, but not Palestine.

If you actually search for Palestine, it shows where it is, but the name isn't shown on the map.

Now tell me that's not some absolute conspiracy fueling, Zionist **** right there?

Palestine is not recognised as a state by the U.S. and UK. That's why
Reply 2
Original post by caitb97
Palestine is not recognised as a state by the U.S. and UK. That's why

Ok I just got schooled. Fair enough. Even more messed up than I thought
Reply 3
Google maps is highly unrelieable anyway. i once looked up the location of a kfc , drove all the way there and it turned out to be a chicken cottage !
who cares?
free Palestine
OP is right... i asked Google for directions from Brighton to Gaza...

"Sorry, we could not calculate directions from "Brighton Pier, Madeira Drive, Brighton BN2 1TW, United Kingdom" to "Gaza Strip""
Those in the West, who continue to renew calls for "freedom of speech" and a "democratic peace process in the Middle East" yet continue to display purely hypocritical double standards when questioned themselves, pure hyperbole. Simple values we all take for granted in the way we like to be treated by others, yet cannot show that same endearing respect, gratitude or solidarity to others in desperate need.
just double checked... no problems driving from Brighton Pier to Tel Aviv :rofl:

Driving directions
via A26 80 h
3,633 miles79 h without traffic · Show traffic
This route includes a car transport.
This route has tolls.
This route includes a ferry.
This route crosses through multiple countries.
Brighton Pier
Madeira Drive, Brighton BN2 1TW, United Kingdom
Continue to West Sussex
27 min (19.7 mi)
Continue on M23. Drive from M20 to Folkestone. Take exit 11A from M20
1 h 8 min (74.5 mi)
Continue to Channel Tunnel
5 min (1.3 mi)

Take the Channel Tunnel train to Fréthun
Entering France
Get on A16 in Calais
4 min (1.9 mi)
Drive from A26, E17, A5, A31, ... and A26 to Liguria, Italia
10 h 40 min (738 mi)

Take the ferry
Toll road
Entering Tunisia
Get on ‫الطريق السيارة أ1‬‎/Hwy A1 from RR33 and R33
16 min (7.8 mi)
Continue on ‫الطريق السيارة أ1‬‎/Hwy A1. Take P1, Coastal Rd Rasigdir, The Coastal Rd, Second Ring Rd, ... and ‫כביש יצחק רבין‬‎/Route 6 to Shefa Tal St in Givatayim, Israel. Take exit 15 from Ayalon Hwy/‫נתיבי איילון‬‎/Route 20
42 h (2,216 mi)
Drive to Arlozorov St/‫ארלוזורוב‬‎ in Tel Aviv-Yafo
If it is to become a state it'll be pretty janky because it'll be West Bank + Gaza and it'll have Israel in the middle.
Reply 10
I stand with Israel.
I drive with TomTom.
Reply 11
No Islamic State either
No IDF either. You can stand by land grabbing terrorist war criminals, the world is slowly beginning to understand the evil of Israel especially Obama
Reply 13
First of all Palestine is not a de facto state, no matter how much you agree or disagree with their arguments for it being a de facto state at this moment in time it simply is not thus Google labelling it a country would not only be incorrect but also misleading. Second Google has often tried to extend its services to Palestine by acts such as giving them their own search engine www.google.ps and in the last few years helping to map the cities and towns contained within the Palestinian territories. It really isn't anything to do with the political situation regarding Palestinians and if Google really wanted to they could label Israel Palestine however doing so would not be in anyone's best interests and would certainly show severe political bias alienating first their Israeli users and more importantly Israel itself including all the tech companies located there.
Original post by Cucumberman
No IDF either. You can stand by land grabbing terrorist war criminals, the world is slowly beginning to understand the evil of Israel especially Obama

That doesn't actually make sense as a response to this. You may have missed that this is about things being labelled as countries on google maps.
Original post by jimi191
First of all Palestine is not a de facto state, no matter how much you agree or disagree with their arguments for it being a de facto state at this moment in time it simply is not thus Google labelling it a country would not only be incorrect but also misleading. Second Google has often tried to extend its services to Palestine by acts such as giving them their own search engine www.google.ps and in the last few years helping to map the cities and towns contained within the Palestinian territories. It really isn't anything to do with the political situation regarding Palestinians and if Google really wanted to they could label Israel Palestine however doing so would not be in anyone's best interests and would certainly show severe political bias alienating first their Israeli users and more importantly Israel itself including all the tech companies located there.

Including Google, which has R&D in Israel
Reply 16
Original post by Cucumberman

IDF?
Reply 17
not only is palestine not a state, it never has been.
If the name 'palestine' were to be added, where would it go? Would you have it twice? Once for Gaza, and once for the West bank?
Reply 18
Logically, yes of course. You could call them palestine 1 and palestine 2 ...you know, like thing 1 and thing 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending