The Student Room Group

University choices for LLB Law

Hi. I've recently gotten back my result for my AS exam and I'm pleased to have achieved AAAA. However, I'm in a dilemma as I can't come to a conclusion on which university should I opt for as my firm and insurance choice. The 5 conditional offers I've received are:

1) Exeter (AAA)
2) Reading (AAB)
3) Sheffield (AAA)
4) Cardiff (ABB)
5) Northumbria (320 tariff points)

I would be glad to hear about the graduate prospects, student life, academic ratings and so forth for the respective universities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
You got ABB for Cardiff?! I rung them up to see if they'd ever go below AAB as they've just lowered it but they said most definitely not.. obviously got a grumpy lady.

My opinion from those is that Cardiff is best for student life, I've had a few nights out there and it's a lovely city to live in if you like the hustle and bustle and living in the city centre.
Reply 2
Original post by Loafie
You got ABB for Cardiff?! I rung them up to see if they'd ever go below AAB as they've just lowered it but they said most definitely not.. obviously got a grumpy lady.

My opinion from those is that Cardiff is best for student life, I've had a few nights out there and it's a lovely city to live in if you like the hustle and bustle and living in the city centre.

My classmate in college also received a conditional offer of ABB from Cardiff. We were rather stoked 'cos we were expecting at least an AAB.

Anyways, I think Cardiff is a very good insurance choice considering they also provide BPTC course. And it is also a Russell Group university which definitely adds on to its branding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by emilychenwt
My classmate in college also received a conditional offer of ABB from Cardiff. We were rather stoked 'cos we were expecting at least an AAB.

Anyways, I think Cardiff is a very good insurance choice considering they also provide BPTC course. And it is also a Russell Group university which definitely adds on to its branding.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done to you and your friend! I'm going to the applicant visit day next week to find out more :smile:
Original post by emilychenwt
Hi. I've recently gotten back my result for my AS exam and I'm pleased to have achieved AAAA. However, I'm in a dilemma as I can't come to a conclusion on which university should I opt for as my firm and insurance choice. The 5 conditional offers I've received are:

1) Exeter (AAA)
2) Reading (AAB)
3) Sheffield (AAA)
4) Cardiff (ABB)
5) Northumbria (320 tariff points)

I would be glad to hear about the graduate prospects, student life, academic ratings and so forth for the respective universities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would definitely go for Exeter and Cardiff. Both are Russell Group universities with good graduate prospects. I do know that many law firms do go to Exeter to recruit and scout for potential candidates, so that might put you off to a good start.

In my opinion, I would probably firm Exeter, since it seems to be the one with the best reputation overall in terms of rankings (including law). I also heard good reviews on the university itself.

Sheffield and Reading are great universities too and I would put them not far behind Exeter and Cardiff. I can't comment on Northumbria.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending