The Student Room Group

Is £100 a week good?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Balloon Baboon
That's a very uneducated reply.

OP; it all depends on how old you are and which level apprenticeship you're doing?

19 and its intermediate level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maxi365
There is an apprenticeship for auto body repair, something i am very interested in. So should i do it despite of the low salary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it's something that you're interested in, sure? You'll gain all the experience you will need, not to mention the qualifications that can then open up even more doors.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by maxi365
19 and its intermediate level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In your first year you will be paid £2.73. However, you will then earn £5.13 per hour in your second year or until you turn 21.
Original post by maxi365
There is an apprenticeship for auto body repair, something i am very interested in. So should i do it despite of the low salary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ask yourself, not us.

Calculate how beneficial the apprenticeship will be for you personally, take into consideration the investment of time and the low salary as well.
Original post by maxi365

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should do what makes you happy. Do you know what the wages are like once you qualify?
Reply 25
Also brings me to another point, which apprenticeship do you think is better- Business or Auto body repair? I am interested in both, and the Business apprenticeship pays twice as much but i also want to do Auto body repair. Which one is better? Which one opens up more career paths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maxi365
Also brings me to another point, which apprenticeship do you think is better- Business or Auto body repair? I am interested in both, and the Business apprenticeship pays twice as much but i also want to do Auto body repair. Which one is better? Which one opens up more career paths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That depends on which type of work you like the most?
Reply 27
That depends on which type of work you like the most?

I like both of them. Studied business studies at A level, but have always been interested and grew up around cars.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many hours in the week do you work?
Reply 29
Original post by maxi365
I actually go to university but i am leaving as it is not for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

STAY THERE!!! :smile: Don't let that demon control you, tell the demon to GET OUT OF YOUR MIND. Do you know how lucky you are? People like me are DESPERATE to enter uni. What degree are you doing? if it's useless, it doesn't matter!! you can get on graduate scheme.
Original post by maxi365

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to do some research and find out what each qualification would enable you to do.
Original post by maxi365
I like both of them. Studied business studies at A level, but have always been interested and grew up around cars.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do what you would enjoy the most. Don't get dragged into how much it pays. Try and find a job that to do with cars but in the business end.

BMW have apprenticeships like that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by O.Ozz
STAY THERE!!! :smile: Don't let that demon control you, tell the demon to GET OUT OF YOUR MIND. Do you know how lucky you are? People like me are DESPERATE to enter uni. What degree are you doing? if it's useless, it doesn't matter!! you can get on graduate scheme.

I'm curious; what course are you going to university to do?
Reply 33
Original post by moment of truth
How many hours in the week do you work?

The auto body repair gives me 37 hours a week and the business apprenticeship gives me 40 hours a week.

Also, it will cost me £7 a day to travel if i take the auto body repair, and i can walk to the business apprenticeship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
I'm curious; what course are you going to university to do?

Joint honours in Popular Music and Business/Management
Reply 35
Original post by O.Ozz

I do architecture. I'm definitely not staying as the course is not for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by O.Ozz
Joint honours in Popular Music and Business/Management

And what kind of career do you hope to gain from that course, post-degree?
Reply 37
Original post by maxi365
I do architecture. I'm definitely not staying as the course is not for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK, i would agree that not everyone is suitable to environment and if you do get along with parents then thats fine for you to go back.

But just think of all the dead end jobs you will have... 2014 was a bad year for me because i did lots of dead end jobs and got ****ed from different managers screaming abuse at me and in my face - i still haven't recovered from it hence why i don't have a job. It's up to you
Reply 38
Original post by O.Ozz
OK, i would agree that not everyone is suitable to environment and if you do get along with parents then thats fine for you to go back.

But just think of all the dead end jobs you will have... 2014 was a bad year for me because i did lots of dead end jobs and got ****ed from different managers screaming abuse at me and in my face - i still haven't recovered from it hence why i don't have a job. It's up to you

Although i have never had a job i think I'm quite hardworking. I strongly believe in the policy that if you work you a** of then you will do well in any job.also my parents fully support me in dropping out of university and doing an apprenticeship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by O.Ozz

You should of taken on an apprenticeship and gained experience and qualifications instead of doing those dead-end jobs.

Quick Reply

Latest