The Student Room Group

Parents name their child 'Nutella'- what's the most unusual baby name you've heard?

"A recently-born baby named Nutella was renamed by a court in the French city of Valenciennes after a judge ruled that the parents’ decision to the name the child after a food was against the child’s interest"

So, what's the strangest name you've heard for a child?

:yum:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Mmmm..choc nut infant..
Moon Unit Zappa

It's always going to come up in this conversation.
I think you only have to pick up a women's weekly chat magazine to see an array of bizarre names. Coco, Blanket, Satchel, Princess, Apple, Scout, Birdie etc. I feel really sorry for those celeb babies. Good to hear common sense prevailed in your example.
Reply 4
@

I don't think that the courts allowed it, though.
Reply 5
I'm so glad for the French legal system. 'Hashtag' comes to mind but other then that I can't think of anything. Other then maybe the Renault Clio which was almost re-named after two families in the UK complained that their children (called Clio Renault) should suffer abuse due to it, which I entirely understand. Unfortunately they lost the case.
Original post by VannR
@

I don't think that the courts allowed it, though.

How is that pronounced?

I have a vague idea that a couple wanted to name their child 4real and the courts (Australia?) wouldn't allow it.
Reply 7
Original post by Veggiechic6
I think you only have to pick up a women's weekly chat magazine to see an array of bizarre names. Coco, Blanket, Satchel, Princess, Apple, Scout, Birdie etc. I feel really sorry for those celeb babies. Good to hear common sense prevailed in your example.

I once read a magazine (women's weekly type, something like Best/Bella/Women's Own/Love It) that had a regular column devoted to unusual baby names. People were always writing in with "well, I'm called Bob, and my partner is called Sally, so we called our child Bobbly!"
Ali.

Named the child after where it was conceived:yy:
Reply 9
Original post by OU Student
How is that pronounced?

I have a vague idea that a couple wanted to name their child 4real and the courts (Australia?) wouldn't allow it.

@, pronounced 'at'. However, they insisted that the written version was the '@' sign, not just 'at'.
I'd name mine "Ramses Niblick the Third Kerplunk Kerplunk, Oops Where's My Thribble"
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
"A recently-born baby named Nutella was renamed by a court in the French city of Valenciennes after a judge ruled that the parents’ decision to the name the child after a food was against the child’s interest"

So, what's the strangest name you've heard for a child?

:yum:

Alucard.

Read it backwards.
Original post by Juno
I once read a magazine (women's weekly type, something like Best/Bella/Women's Own/Love It) that had a regular column devoted to unusual baby names. People were always writing in with "well, I'm called Bob, and my partner is called Sally, so we called our child Bobbly!"

:rofl:

This has tickled my pickle.
The weirdest I have heard is Kunt Alp. No jokes!
Original post by iEatMuFFiNS
I'd name mine "Ramses Niblick the Third Kerplunk Kerplunk, Oops Where's My Thribble"

This is a powerful name :yy: Bound to do well in life. :smile:
North West :facepalm:
Sage Moonblood...
Original post by Rock Fan
North West :facepalm:

I quite like this actually. More children should be named after compass points, it's quite lovely. :h:
Original post by Veggiechic6

You forgot the name Wallpaper... What were the parents thinking?????

Quick Reply

Latest