The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BC95
I take it you like the website? :biggrin:

Hell yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BC95

When I started started learning Economics at Sixth Form I was told I was “not an economist” and was predicted to fail.

I couldn’t get anything right :frown: …. Then I joined TSR :cool:

Over the past few years, TSR economists have given me great advice to even the most stupid questions I asked.

They didn't even mind when I used the fat controller emoji!

Spoiler

In return, I decided to take a gap year and spent 7 months after my A-level exams building a new website, designed specifically for A-level economists:

http://www.petragrade.com

The website server is powered by wind turbines in Denmark so if the website doesn't respond straight away, try refreshing the page a few times and it should work!

If you find any errors please let me know or if you have any ideas for the website I would be happy to hear them.

All there is left to say is...

:ta:

Dude.

Amazing! Really well done, that is a great achievement :biggrin:

How did you write the notes, in latex or something, or straight into the website?
Reply 22

haha thats great! :smile:

please let me know if you have any ideas for the website!
Original post by BC95
haha thats great! :smile:

please let me know if you have any ideas for the website!

Do you think that you could put it all into one downloadable PDF? :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Edminzodo
Do you think that you could put it all into one downloadable PDF? :smile:

Thats a great idea! :biggrin:

I initially planned to put a download button on each page so each note could be downloaded individually.

Do you think I should have one big download button or a download button for each page?
Original post by BC95

I initially planned to put a download button on each page so each note could be downloaded individually.

Do you think I should have one big download button or a download button for each page?

I think both, as some people will want notes on everything and others just on one topic!
Reply 26
Does anyone have any good revision notes on unit 1
Original post by BC95

When I started started learning Economics at Sixth Form I was told I was “not an economist” and was predicted to fail.

I couldn’t get anything right :frown: …. Then I joined TSR :cool:

Over the past few years, TSR economists have given me great advice to even the most stupid questions I asked.

They didn't even mind when I used the fat controller emoji!

Spoiler

In return, I decided to take a gap year and spent 7 months after my A-level exams building a new website, designed specifically for A-level economists:

http://www.petragrade.com

The website server is powered by wind turbines in Denmark so if the website doesn't respond straight away, try refreshing the page a few times and it should work!

If you find any errors please let me know or if you have any ideas for the website I would be happy to hear them.

All there is left to say is...

:ta:

Hi your notes are amazing! by any chance do you have all the micro economics stuff which is unit 1 all on a pdf file or some sort because that will be even more helpful!
Original post by BC95

Both would be really helpful!

Great website, if you do put it all into PDF please let me know :smile:
Bookmarked. The more resources the better. THANK YOU!!! :bban:
Reply 29
Original post by Silvalry
Bookmarked. The more resources the better. THANK YOU!!! :bban:

Thanks for the bookmark :smile:

Hope you get some good use out of it!
Reply 30
Original post by SarcasticMel
Dude.

Amazing! Really well done, that is a great achievement :biggrin:

How did you write the notes, in latex or something, or straight into the website?

Thanks a lot my friend :smile:

I wrote the notes straight into the website (a long and arduous task:s-smilie: )

Are there any improvement you think could be made to the website?
Original post by BC95

I wrote the notes straight into the website (a long and arduous task:s-smilie: )

Well for me the website is on the left of my screen the right is pretty empty. So I would center it or put something else on the right. Maybe links to other resources, or even more diagrams. You learn econ best through diagrams. Or some sample questions with answers.
This is phenomenal. Clear and concise and helps me understand topics that I struggle with.
Reply 33
Original post by BC95

On the home page have up to date statistics on the UKs economy...inflation rate, unemployment etc. Maybe other countries too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Dylann
On the home page have up to date statistics on the UKs economy...inflation rate, unemployment etc. Maybe other countries too

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is a great idea Dylann! :smile:

Thanks very much.

Are there any countries in particular you would like me to add?
Original post by BC95

Thanks very much.

Eurozone/US/China/Japan maybe
Fantastic. :smile:

I might recommend adding in a 'Other Resources' page for things like tutor2u, Youtube users like econplusdal and pajholden, but that choice is completely upto you.

Awesome resource, will be recommending to others in my set!
Reply 37
Original post by BBeyond
Eurozone/US/China/Japan maybe

Original post by BC95

Thanks very much.

Also maybe add economic data of the UK of like the last 20 years or so, especially before during and after the recession (as exam questions are likely to revolve around this time).

China, US and Brazil are also good countries. Japan are currently in a recession and Greece and Spain are very weak at the moment, so things like that would be useful.
This is flipping fantastic. Studying Economics at Uni now myself. Did it at A-level and this looks like a great website even though I did OCR.
Reply 39
Original post by NikolaT
Fantastic. :smile:

I might recommend adding in a 'Other Resources' page for things like tutor2u, Youtube users like econplusdal and pajholden, but that choice is completely upto you.

Awesome resource, will be recommending to others in my set!

Thanks for the kind words and the recommendation!

I think that is a good idea.

How about if at the bottom of each page I add an 'other resources' section that links you to the same topic by different people?

Latest