The Student Room Group

rhetorical question??

I'm doing a speech for English and I would like to start it off with a 'rhetorical question' associated with celebrities.. I came up with ''Can certain celebrities be a bad influence on teenagers?''

I'm not really sure if this a rhetorical question in a way or not.. can i develop this better?? thanks
Reply 1
Original post by __gretaX
I'm doing a speech for English and I would like to start it off with a 'rhetorical question' associated with celebrities.. I came up with ''Can certain celebrities be a bad influence on teenagers?''

I'm not really sure if this a rhetorical question in a way or not.. can i develop this better?? thanks

What exactly do you mean by 'rhetorical question'?

(See what I did there?)

(And there.)

:biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Mr...
It's fine but I was told that your first sentence needs to be strong or you'll have to make up for it in the rest of your test so using an alternative could put you in a better position don't you thing?

The first isn't a rhetorical question :colonhash:

Could be.
Reply 3

It would be much more of a discussion opening question than a rhetorical one.

Original post by Mr...

The first isn't a rhetorical question :colonhash:

I agree. :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Davalla

I agree. :tongue:

Original post by Mr...
But it's not so… no.

Are you kidding me?

(There.)

:tongue:
I'm doing a speech for English and I would like to start it off with a 'rhetorical question' associated with celebrities.. I came up with [I''Can certain celebrities be a bad influence on teenagers?''

Your question is not a rhetorical, but a normal question one. Celebrities may have a bad influence - or not. Your question contains not a clear answer which can be thought by the audience. Be a little bit clearer in asking questions. The clearer, the better! here are two suggestions:

"Can a durable drug consumption be a bad effect on people?"
"Does eating fast food periodically make people fat?"
Reply 6
It’s a good start I’ll just give you my example,Do you want your secrets to be shared in an unpleasant way to the world?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending