The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dylann
No it doesn't.

Prisons deserve no rights of protection,no comforts and must suffer behind a cell.

I believe that rapists deserve to get raped in prison.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Prisons deserve no rights of protection,no comforts and must suffer behind a cell.

And that murderers deserve to get murdered? Isn't the point of prison rehabilitation and not solely punishment?
I support entrance exams for schools and grammar schools. In my experience all-ability schools are...horrendous, and the 11+ should be brought back.

Regardless of what they deserve putting prisoners in that condition just means they will not be rehabillited and they will just reoffend again once released. Prisons main priority should be rehabilitation.
Original post by Dylann
And that murderers deserve to get murdered? Isn't the point of prison rehabilitation and not solely punishment?

Jesus christ, no.
You cannot rehabilitate such animals like rapists,killers etc
No, prison should heavily be based on punishment.

I think we should adopts Americas sentencing laws
Original post by prettyGirl101
The age limit for cigs and alcohol should be 25

More discipline in schools (yea, bring back the cane).

You can take our lives but you'll never take our alcohol. What exactly is the point in increasing the age limit for alcohol?

Do you not think that bringing back the cane could have its problems? When I was in school I was punished once or twice for things I didn't even do. Not only that, but there are an awful lot of teachers I just wouldn't trust with the cane.
Original post by SophieSmall
Regardless of what they deserve putting prisoners in that condition just means they will not be rehabillited and they will just reoffend again once released. Prisons main priority should be rehabilitation.

And yet prisons around the country are doing a great job,right?
Such prisoners should be locked up for 23hours a day and serve a minimum of 15 years
The massively increasing gap between the rich and the poor.
Equestrian Sports should be banned.
Not so much a view but I'd like to die of cancer or something that's degenerative but takes a long time. So I know when I'll die
overweight/obese people should not be given medically advanced means to lose weight completely free of charge by having it on the NHS - of course assuming that their weight is not down to genuine problems making it uncontrollable
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Hey guys,

As the title says, what is the view you hold deemed most "controversial" in this society we live in today in Britain?

I like Nigel Farage
I don't really like nandos

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bittr n swt
I'm a traditional man.

Does this mean that you lift felled trees all day long, or
That although it should be legal, abortion is the refuge of people who would rather kill another human than amend their own mistakes.
Pepsi tastes better than coke.....:K:

WHAT IT DOES! DONT JUDGE ME!
Original post by Hellfireunicorn
Not so much a view but I'd like to die of cancer or something that's degenerative but takes a long time. So I know when I'll die

I've lost at leasat three relatives to cancer. I've sat and watched one of them die, slowly. (I was too young to remember of them die) I can't understand why you'd want to die of cancer? It's horrible. It's a ****ing painful way to go. Oh, and you don't know when you're going to die. One was given a year to live. He lived about 8 months. He died of a chest infection. It was slow and painful. My mum had to sit and watch the man who raised her, die.

What a absolutely ****ty thing to say. The treatments are horrible. You lose your hair, (ok, he didn't have much anyway) the hospital stays, the constant risk of infections, the chemo and the side effects. He spent the best part of the last 4 years not being able to eat the majority of foods and was tube fed and was also given some drinks (similar to slimfast I guess) because he couldn't swallow most foods. He had to learn how to eat again. He ate mostly pureed foods. He couldn't eat out and it took him forever to eat a small plate of food.

My mum is a carer for a man who is dying of a degenerative disease that will eventually kill him. He's bed bound and can't do anything for himself. He can't even go toilet without help. Why on earth would you want that FFS?
Original post by EggMayo
I like Nigel Farage

Not that controversial, plenty of stupid people like Nigel Farage
And yet prisons around the country are doing a great job,right?
Such prisoners should be locked up for 23hours a day and serve a minimum of 15 years

I think prisons right now are doing a **** job, and even worse once the prisoners are out as its extremely hard for them to get a job and a whole host of other things needed to settle down into society.

So...you basically think prisoners like that should basically be tortured for at least 15 years. What about when those 15 years are up? Do you think after being repeatedly abused, locked up for 23hrs a day and repeatedly raped that these prisoners won't reoffend when out? If you think they won't you are delusional and I question your intelligence.
Original post by Ignitus7
Equestrian Sports should be banned.

I think all sports involving animals should be banned.

Latest