The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by carolinekalemba
is there anyone out here who still hasn't heard anything from sheffield?

I haven't heard anything yet, have they really given out all interviews? :frown:
Reply 81
It's true I got 690 and didn't hear from Sheffield so idk what they were looking for this year, or 690 wasn't good enough dunno

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zvhra
It's true I got 690 and didn't hear from Sheffield so idk what they were looking for this year, or 690 wasn't good enough dunno

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they look at everything and give points to each part. I guess not just ukcat, 690 is a very good score!
Original post by zvhra

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right!!! I got 717.5 so whatever they were looking at, it definitely wasn't the UKCAT because I haven't heard from them either.
Reply 84
Original post by dent1hope
I know right!!! I got 717.5 so whatever they were looking at, it definitely wasn't the UKCAT because I haven't heard from them either.

Wow! Yeah I'm baffed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone get a reply when they confirmed their attendance to inteview?
Reply 86
Original post by Turnip17
Anyone get a reply when they confirmed their attendance to inteview?

Nope!

how are you feeling about it?, I must say I prefer panel interviews to MMIs but 15 minutes is a bit short to "sell" yourself to them and the interview seems really intense- they could ask us anything :s-smilie:
Original post by ijc1
Nope!

how are you feeling about it?, I must say I prefer panel interviews to MMIs but 15 minutes is a bit short to "sell" yourself to them and the interview seems really intense- they could ask us anything :s-smilie:

I've had two MMIs and quite liked them and my Plymouth panel went bad so not sure, think I like the sort of stuff they've mentioned the interview will be about though, but yeah 15 minutes is so short!
Original post by Katieem92
I got like 690, straight As at GCSE and 5 years dental nursing experience so apparently they're not looking for genuine passion or commitment to the field either

God knows what they're looking for.:dry: Just think of it as they have missed out on something great and not the other way round.
Reply 89
Rang up Sheffield and they gave out all their interviews on Friday :frown:
Reply 90
Original post by sra5

Great :frown:
Original post by sra5

Yeah that is what they said to me when I rang them up. :cry2:. Oh well.
Yeah that is what they said to me when I rang them up. :cry2:. Oh well.

I got the same in response to an email I sent yesterday.
Absolutely gutted. Sheffield was my only option as nowhere else regards my nursing as entry.
I'm unsubscribing from this thread now because I can't deal with the notifications reminding me that I just wasted 2 years and 3k on education!
Wish everyone best of luck at interview though!
Original post by Katieem92
I got the same in response to an email I sent yesterday.
Absolutely gutted. Sheffield was my only option as nowhere else regards my nursing as entry.
I'm unsubscribing from this thread now because I can't deal with the notifications reminding me that I just wasted 2 years and 3k on education!
Wish everyone best of luck at interview though!

Why didn't you apply to an undergraduate course for dentistry, I am sure you would have stood a chance?!
Why didn't you apply to an undergraduate course for dentistry, I am sure you would have stood a chance?!

What do you mean?
I only applied to Sheffield after contacting all dental schools and being told that my dental nursing cannot substitute an A level and the requirement would still be AAA. There was no way I was ever going to get that and I couldn't go back to college full time because I couldn't not work, so I did the 2 A levels Sheffield wanted, wanting me to get BB and I am predicted AB.
Reply 95
Spoke to Sheffield and they said that when the rejections come onto ucas roughly around March time, it will have general feedback on why u were rejected and you will have the option to write to the uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbucks
Spoke to Sheffield and they said that when the rejections come onto ucas roughly around March time, it will have general feedback on why u were rejected and you will have the option to write to the uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So will we get rejections by email???!! Or letter?? Gutted!!!
Reply 97
Original post by Kingston99
So will we get rejections by email???!! Or letter?? Gutted!!!

Well it should appear on UCAS when they change the status to unsuccessful which would send an automated email. I'm not sure if Sheffield will send their own emails out or just update ucas tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Has anyone had a rejection yet? I didn't get called for interview so I'm guessing I have been rejected, but haven't yet got an email
Original post by Lenalk
Has anyone had a rejection yet? I didn't get called for interview so I'm guessing I have been rejected, but haven't yet got an email

Yeah hate to say it but you will have been rejected, I've been in contact with the admissions office and all successful applicants received email invitations last week, however they don't update UCAS track until sometime in March apparently.
I do think it's really bad that they don't send a courtesy thanks but no thanks type email if they don't want you

Quick Reply

Latest