The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by slg60
But we don't, so we don't need to worry about that?

To conclude that argument is pathetic.

exactly

by their same line of reasoning you could say being a man is bad because if we were all men the population would be extinct
Reply 621
Original post by number23
exactly

by their same line of reasoning you could say being a man is bad because if we were all men the population would be extinct

You are intelligent, I like you. :wink:
Original post by slg60
You are intelligent, I like you. :wink:

:beard:
Original post by Ilovefantasy
For real butter I agree but I have a taste for margarine... What do think of that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope sorry...slightly better than butter but still wouldn't
Original post by Yasmin-9970
nope sorry...slightly better than butter but still wouldn't

Is this really your MOST CONTROVERSIAL view? Butter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
First of all I have never met a person who was not vegetarian that had the entire all animals are equal view. Second, at least I think, it isn't so much that people offended by the thought of eating cats and dogs, they are offended by the though of eating their cat or dog or their friends cat or dog....

Posted from TSR Mobile

People are disgusted by the idea. I am not. Obviously this doesn't apply to your pets, but I would find it totally acceptable if people started consuming dog or cat meat as a sustainable source of protein.
Original post by slg60
Why would you want that?

Just seems logical to me.

Also, just bear in mind the title of this thread.
Original post by OU Student
People who go on to higher education generally earn more. Given that, why shouldn't they pay for their education?

They should pay for it afterwards. You know, when some people might actually start having money for once in their life?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This :biggrin:
I am in favor of capital punishment
Original post by leemer
Not that controversial, plenty of stupid people like Nigel Farage

In terms of fringe parties he's far better than Natalie Bennett and her ludicrous party full of idealists
I hate dogs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what are yours? I think its actually a good thing that my most controversial view is about butter...although I wouldn't call it controversial.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
People are disgusted by the idea. I am not. Obviously this doesn't apply to your pets, but I would find it totally acceptable if people started consuming dog or cat meat as a sustainable source of protein.

2 main reasons for this I believe.

The first reason just being that people are often more emotional than logical, so as such many people would rather not listen to the logic because just the thought of eating cats or dogs triggers a negative emotional reaction in many people.

The second reason, is that we tend to not eat carnivores (not including fish). Someone explained why once, I've forgotten what the big deal about it was. But it's a reason apparently.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SophieSmall
2 main reasons for this I believe.

The first reason just being that people are often more emotional than logical, so as such many people would rather not listen to the logic because just the thought of eating cats or dogs triggers a negative emotional reaction in many people.

The second reason, is that we tend to not eat carnivores (not including fish). Someone explained why once, I've forgotten what the big deal about it was. But it's a reason apparently.

Well carnivores are nearer the top of food chains so are normally less in number. Drop in their population can cause massive propellers for the ecosystems they live in. That applies if you hunt them from the wild.

ALos they are harder to farm since they can't just eat say grass.

Some possible reasons :dontknow:
Original post by vickidc18
I hate dogs.

Why? Past experiences?
UKIP don't really have many policies to garner support other than immigration
Saying that women should be careful and take precautions when out at night and alone (in relation to rape) is not victim blaming.
Reply 638
Original post by constantino_chr
I am in favor of capital punishment

Texas have the highest crime rate in the USA, incidentally one of the states with capital punishment- clearly it is not a very good deterrent.

In addition it cost more for the state to execute a citizen than it does to imprison them, food for thought?
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
UKIP don't really have many policies to garner support other than immigration

I wouldn't say that's controversial. That's one of the main arguments used against UKIP - the lack of policies aside from their flagship issues. They've gone into elections without a proper policy document - they went into the European elections with a very short "manifesto" which had very little in it from what I remember.

Latest