The Student Room Group

Have I used someone.....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
wait he's 19 and you're 16

...so he's been hitting on you since you were 11-12?

wow bless
Original post by 1501
wait he's 19 and you're 16

...so he's been hitting on you since you were 11-12?

wow bless

Lol yeah.... shame I didn't like him back

NGL I was thinking, you know he'snice so I should I try toget to know him more and see if I develop feelings

But then he does thisso yeah..
Stay away from him, he sounds horrible and manipulative.
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
Lol yeah.... shame I didn't like him back

NGL I was thinking, you know he'snice so I should I try toget to know him more and see if I develop feelings

But then he does thisso yeah..

at the end of the day..
how would you feel if you liked a guy for 4-5 years and they gave you mixed signals?

now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this to make you feel bad or have a go at you or what not, I just know this situation all to well.

although my experience was much shorter, only 8 months - I talked to a guy on and off for that amount of time, he was really nice and said he loved me blah blah so I also thought, like you, 'yeah he's nice so maybe I should try to get to know him' you know, give him a chance. so I did and we got on quite well but we drifted as he was sick of waiting for me to develop feelings (although he previously said he doesn't mind) and now I think he hates my guts.

lmao so yeah. god knows how your guy feels if he's had feelings for you for 4-5 YEARS which you've never once returned, only giving him mixed signals. and in such case even meeting up with him can be taken the wrong way, trust me.

tl:dr
he's just sick of your ****
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 1501
at the end of the day..
how would you feel if you liked a guy for 4-5 years and they gave you mixed signals?

now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this to make you feel bad or have a go at you or what not, I just know this situation all to well.

although my experience was much shorter, only 8 months - I talked to a guy on and off for that amount of time, he was really nice and said he loved me blah blah so I also thought, like you, 'yeah he's nice so maybe I should try to get to know him' you know, give him a chance. so I did and we got on quite well but we drifted as he was sick of waiting for me to develop feelings (although he previously said he doesn't mind) and now I think he hates my guts.

lmao so yeah. god knows how your guy feels if he's had feelings for you for 4-5 YEARS which you've never once returned, only giving him mixed signals. and in such case even meeting up with him can be taken the wrong way, trust me.

tl:dr
he's just sick of your ****

I never made him mixed signals... all throughout the five years I told him no painly NO,I even said to him after three years... he's been three years and I keep saying no STOP
I have NEVER said I liked him back,always said no.
Then only recently he said he'll offer a job, then he asked me to kiss him, I said no again
I was only recently after that that I thought ( for the first time EVER) 'if maybe we got closer we could end up... because he has been there for four/five years' BUT I didn't even act on these thoughts or act like this towards him? I was thinking it,i twas just a THOUGHT but I acted as normal towards him,spoke back when he spoke to me.... It was just a thought at the time I didn't/wasn't ready to act on it...
Then I went to his shop and then everyhting kicked off from there

But I NEVER gave him mixed signals always always told him: NO

hmmm I met up with him a few times ended with him wanting to kiss me... I always said no though sometimes I lied I said I couldn't make it.

I can argee with that though,meeting up can be taken the wrong way
Reply 25
I never made him mixed signals... all throughout the five years I told him no painly NO,I even said to him after three years... he's been three years and I keep saying no STOP
I have NEVER said I liked him back,always said no.
Then only recently he said he'll offer a job, then he asked me to kiss him, I said no again
I was only recently after that that I thought ( for the first time EVER) 'if maybe we got closer we could end up... because he has been there for four/five years' BUT I didn't even act on these thoughts or act like this towards him? I was thinking it,i twas just a THOUGHT but I acted as normal towards him,spoke back when he spoke to me.... It was just a thought at the time I didn't/wasn't ready to act on it...
Then I went to his shop and then everyhting kicked off from there

But I NEVER gave him mixed signals always always told him: NO

hmmm I met up with him a few times ended with him wanting to kiss me... I always said no though sometimes I lied I said I couldn't make it.

I can argee with that though,meeting up can be taken the wrong way

so now, what's your mindset? do you still want to get to know him, or are you back at your original stance?

if he keeps being nasty to you, calling you a golddigger and whatnot, and generally being a pain then I'd just recommend for you to stop talking to him altogether. just block him off social media, delete his number and MOVE ON.

I don't see why you've put yourself through this for so many years. You're still young as well, so don't worry, I'm sure a better guy will come your way.
Original post by 1501
so now, what's your mindset? do you still want to get to know him, or are you back at your original stance?

if he keeps being nasty to you, calling you a golddigger and whatnot, and generally being a pain then I'd just recommend for you to stop talking to him altogether. just block him off social media, delete his number and MOVE ON.

I don't see why you've put yourself through this for so many years. You're still young as well, so don't worry, I'm sure a better guy will come your way.

My mindset now

Feeling bad that I even took his offer of a job and that he feels used and that I listened to everyone else:frown: and after this no, not really it wouldn't happennow anyway he's gone totally horrible

And idk why either :frown:

Oh well
Reply 27
I don't see how what you just said explains that me keeping track of long I've liked him is using him..

I meant everyone else as in friends, but I don't see how that has to do with anything

Okay I see what you meant now.

All I had to gain from him was money

Other than money there's nothing else he could have gave me...

Firstly? Self-Delusion?

But i'm not arrogant at all, If I was I would have really kissed him when I know I didn't want to.

I really wasn't trying to use him, I was trying to do the opposite but everyone around me said no

The place was an awkward place to ask someone out ( imo ) it was the Library... I didn't say or think that makes him a bad person?

Look I don't expect you to understand or "see how" just like that. I can answer your questions but I'm not gonna try to explain it a third time. You're sixteen after all so it's okay to admit you haven't learnt all of life's lessons.

It is laughable to say "All I had to gain from him was money". If you don't know what self-delusion means you can look it up very easily. Likewise with arrogance. Your arrogant traits are boasting about how much this guy has liked you for and how easily you could lead him on. It may be true that you weren't trying to use him or play games but that doesn't change the fact of whether you did.

Again, trying to make him look bad is not the same as saying he's a bad person. It is how you are trying to make it seem you are better than him when you are not.
Reply 28
My mindset now

Feeling bad that I even took his offer of a job and that he feels used and that I listened to everyone else:frown: and after this no, not really it wouldn't happennow anyway he's gone totally horrible

And idk why either :frown:

Oh well

You could always try to have a proper conversation with him, try to talk things out somehow?

Not necessarily as a means of getting together, but just to sort things out so that if you do eventually part ways, it won't be on bad terms.
I don't know what's worse, this whole story or the fact that he asked you out when you were 11 and he was 16.
Original post by xylas
Look I don't expect you to understand or "see how" just like that. I can answer your questions but I'm not gonna try to explain it a third time. You're sixteen after all so it's okay to admit you haven't learnt all of life's lessons.

It is laughable to say "All I had to gain from him was money". If you don't know what self-delusion means you can look it up very easily. Likewise with arrogance. Your arrogant traits are boasting about how much this guy has liked you for and how easily you could lead him on. It may be true that you weren't trying to use him or play games but that doesn't change the fact of whether you did.

Again, trying to make him look bad is not the same as saying he's a bad person. It is how you are trying to make it seem you are better than him when you are not.

That is all I had to gain from him? What else could I gained from him/want from him? I didn't want his offer of a relationship, he didn't offer anything else than a job. He didn't offer anything else,I don't see what else I can get from him other than job/money or free food.

I'm not ' boasting ' about it though? How am I boasting about it, i'm not thinking 'oh yes look at me, i'm so wanted,this guy wants me and I can just swindle him like that because i'm so hot' if I was thinking like I that I would have actually swindled him, lmao no, I meant I could have kissed him and just went out with him when I didn't want to but I didn't do that to him because I didn't want to use him...

" I don't see how what you just said explains that me keeping track of long I've liked him is using him.. "
" Look I don't expect you to understand or "see how" just like that. "
You said I was using him because I kept track of the time of how long he likes me, I asked how,you replied with because i'm posting this on the internet that's why I said I don't see how you saying because i'm posting this on the internet explains that me keeping track of how long I liked him is using him????

And dude i'm not making him look bad or making him look like a horrible person???, the library ( imo) is a awkward place to ask someone out, if I liked him or someone who liked me asked me out there I would still think ' why here' but it would pass and I wouldn't care about it and still go out with them... I was just telling you why I kept track of the years... i remember because I was young and because it was really a awkward place he asked me out. I don't think i'm better than him because he asked me out in a awkward place?

Original post by unfathomablee
I don't know what's worse, this whole story or the fact that he asked you out when you were 11 and he was 16.

It's three years difference I was 11/12.... he was 13/14

Now i'm 16 he's turning 20 i'm turning 17:smile:

Original post by 1501
You could always try to have a proper conversation with him, try to talk things out somehow?

Not necessarily as a means of getting together, but just to sort things out so that if you do eventually part ways, it won't be on bad terms.

Tried. Doesn't want.
Original post by xylas
It is how you are trying to make it seem you are better than him when you are not.

Also if it's coming across that i'm trying to make him seem that i'm better than him,i'm not. My 11 year oldself was just thinking 'why in the library' but it didn't bother me too much, if I liked him I would have still thought why here but said yes and again wouldn't bother me too much.
this guy needs jesus
These situations are always tricky. They're tricky because we're tempted to find an easy, obvious answer, when in reality it's your fault and also his fault.

It's his fault for allowing himself to pursue you despite you rejecting him.

It's your fault for keeping in touch with him, and attempting to solidify your interaction with him while working there, because you could tell he wanted more and you knew fully you weren't going to give it.

Both those things joined together to form an unpleasant situation for both of you. Next time, don't attempt to continue an unequal friendship.
Reply 34
That is all I had to gain from him? (1)What else could I gained from him/want from him? I didn't want his offer of a relationship, he didn't offer anything else than a job. He didn't offer anything else,I don't see what else I can get from him other than job/money or free food.

I'm not ' boasting ' about it though? How am I boasting about it, i'm not thinking 'oh yes look at me, i'm so wanted,this guy wants me and I can just swindle him like that because i'm so hot' if I was thinking like I that I would have actually swindled him, lmao no, I meant I could have kissed him and just went out with him when I didn't want to but I didn't do that to him because I didn't want to use him...

You said I was using him because I kept track of the time of how long he likes me, I asked how,you replied with because i'm posting this on the internet that's why I said I don't see how you saying because i'm posting this on the internet explains that me keeping track of how long I liked him is using him????(2)

And dude i'm not making him look bad or making him look like a horrible person???(3)

I don't think i'm better than him because he asked me out in a awkward place

It's okay, you've still got time to figure stuff out. Look over this and reflect on your actions and see how next time you can adjust them more in line with your intentions. I have underlined where you keep saying "I didn't want to" and "I'm not thinking..." so that you can hopefully see why you don't understand everything yet. I'm sure you will eventually, like I said no-one expects you to have learnt all of life's lessons especially in your youth.

Look back at my posts, I never once talked about your intentions or thoughts or internal reasons for what you did. Just the facts as any objective person (which I fall into btw since I will never know you nor do I particularly care what you do next) would see, and for future notice that's the only way the courts see things (if there was ever to be a problem down the line).

I'll keep these answers to your questions short:
1) money is everything to other people. They will fight you til the death to get back what they thought was theirs. That's my advice, never say "all I had to gain from someone was their money".

2) you think about this guy, you remember details about his life coinciding with yours. Therefore he means something to you. I'm not saying he means a lot to you, just that he is on your mind which is enough for this discussion. I didn't say that was the reason you were using him, I said join the dots between 4 things you said in your OP and they lead to that conclusion.

3) I think you did make him out to look bad. Not saying you meant to just that all you have said about this person leans towards the negative. You could have said "he's a really nice guy that's why I wouldn't mind working for him however I don't have feelings towards him" but you went down a different route "he's so difficult to me, he keeps trying to hit on me but I have told him time and time again I don't want him". You tell me which sounds better.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Flying Cookie
These situations are always tricky. They're tricky because we're tempted to find an easy, obvious answer, when in reality it's your fault and also his fault.

It's his fault for allowing himself to pursue you despite you rejecting him.

It's your fault for keeping in touch with him, and attempting to solidify your interaction with him while working there, because you could tell he wanted more and you knew fully you weren't going to give it.

Both those things joined together to form an unpleasant situation for both of you. Next time, don't attempt to continue an unequal friendship.

Fair Enough,I can deal with this answer:biggrin:
Original post by xylas
It's okay, you've still got time to figure stuff out. Look over this and reflect on your actions and see how next time you can adjust them more in line with your intentions. I have underlined where you keep saying "I didn't want to" and "I'm not thinking..." so that you can hopefully see why you don't understand everything yet. I'm sure you will eventually, like I said no-one expects you to have learnt all of life's lessons especially in your youth.

Look back at my posts, I never once talked about your intentions or thoughts or internal reasons for what you did. Just the facts as any objective person (which I fall into btw since I will never know you nor do I particularly care what you do next) would see, and for future notice that's the only way the courts see things (if there was ever to be a problem down the line).

I'll keep these answers to your questions short:
1) money is everything to other people. They will fight you til the death to get back what they thought was theirs. That's my advice, never say "all I had to gain from someone was their money".

2) you think about this guy, you remember details about his life coinciding with yours. Therefore he means something to you. I'm not saying he means a lot to you, just that he is on your mind which is enough for this discussion. I didn't say that was the reason you were using him, I said join the dots between 4 things you said in your OP and they lead to that conclusion.

3) I think you did make him out to look bad. Not saying you meant to just that all you have said about this person leans towards the negative. You could have said "he's a really nice guy that's why I wouldn't mind working for him however I don't have feelings towards him" but you went down a different route "he's so difficult to me, he keeps trying to hit on me but I have told him time and time again I don't want him". You tell me which sounds better.

OMG

First you say I tried to make him look bad when because I said he asked me out in a awkward place now you're saying I'm trying to make him look bad because instead of saying "he's a really nice guy that's why I wouldn't mind working for him however I don't have feelings towards him" I said "he's so difficult to me, he keeps trying to hit on me but I have told him time and time again I don't want him".

[QUOTE="xylas;53215615"]

Look back at my posts, I never once talked about your intentions or thoughts or internal reasons for what you did.

Original post by xylas
5) You try to make this person look bad but it only speaks volumes about you.

3) You went to his place of work and asked people for him meaning you wanted something from him. Or in other words, you have something to gain from him.

????

1: Well it'snot to everyone ok?
2: OMG I've said 70000000 times! Everyone else around me said i'm not using you but yet he feels used I'm asking people on here if they have other opinions.
3: I think you did make him out to look bad. Not saying you meant to
Original post by xylas
5) You try to make this person look bad but it only speaks volumes about you.
???????????????????????
3a: I'm sorry but you haven't met him, he has tried to hit on me so many times, once I had to tellhim ' it's been three years I don;t want go out with you stop'
Reply 37
If you did say "no" each time then I don't think you lead him on.
However, knowing he liked you you probably shouldn't have carried on asking for a job, purely to avoid this kind of situation.
But at the same time he should have accepted the first "no" and moved on.
So overall you didn't act terribly, just the way you would expect a 16 year old to.
Original post by Lwin
If you did say "no" each time then I don't think you lead him on.
However, knowing he liked you you probably shouldn't have carried on asking for a job, purely to avoid this kind of situation.
But at the same time he should have accepted the first "no" and moved on.
So overall you didn't act terribly, just the way you would expect a 16 year old to.

Fair Enough :smile:
Original post by Sam Walters
Meh ignore him. Generally you remember when youve met people and significant events in the time youve known them. Hence you remember him asking you out within an hour of meeting you and loads of times after.

Exactly !!! -_-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending