The Student Room Group

I'm 5ft 7, She's 5ft 9 - Do I Stand a Chance?

Okay, so basically I'm hopelessly in love with this girl at uni, I absolutely adore her. But She's two inches taller than me. This wouldn't bother me, but I'm worried that she wouldn't go for a shorter guy. Could any girls on here offer any thoughts or advice on the matter at all? It would be much appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

It's 2 inches, if she's that annoying about height she ain't worth the time.
Reply 2
Original post by Retired_Messiah
It's 2 inches, if she's that annoying about height she ain't worth the time.

This. Depending on how well you know her just go for it. :tongue:
Reply 3
go for it! 2 inches really shouldn't be a problem.
2 inches is ~5 cm, that's nothing. no literally, go get a ruler and have a look at it, it's really nothing. :biggrin:

I'm 5'8'' myself and wouldn't care if a guy was like 5cm shorter than me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
What are you star signs?
Reply 5
The girl I like is almost a full foot smaller than me. If we got over that, you can get over 2 inches taller!
Not really.

Try some shoe-lifts.
Original post by Jemner01
The girl I like is almost a full foot smaller than me. If we got over that, you can get over 2 inches taller!

Tends not to be quite as bad when the girl is shorter.

Still, I agree with what you're saying. A foot in height difference regardless of the gender distribution is pretty significant. 2inches really isn't.
Reply 8
Original post by TorpidPhil
Tends not to be quite as bad when the girl is shorter.

Still, I agree with what you're saying. A foot in height difference regardless of the gender distribution is pretty significant. 2inches really isn't.

While it's true that women are on average shorter than men so it's expected that the woman is shorter, I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's not as bad if the woman is the short one in a ~1ft heigh difference. It can be awkward at times regardless of gender haha. I don't think a whole lot would change if I was 5'2" and she was 6'2"
Original post by Jemner01
While it's true that women are on average shorter than men so it's expected that the woman is shorter, I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's not as bad if the woman is the short one in a ~1ft heigh difference. It can be awkward at time regardless of gender haha

I bet :biggrin:
Thats honestly an acceptable range to be honest, its a minuscule difference. If it was much greater(i.e she was over 6ft), that may be more uncomfortable for you given that you are bothered by a mere 2 inch difference. if you like her and she likes you, isn't that really all that matters at the end of the day. Of course you have a chance with her. Go get her :smile:
Original post by 1501
go for it! 2 inches really shouldn't be a problem.
2 inches is ~5 cm, that's nothing. no literally, go get a ruler and have a look at it, it's really nothing. :biggrin:

I'm 5'8'' myself and wouldn't care if a guy was like 5cm shorter than me.

Thank you so much :smile:
Well I don't know if this has anything to do with this but I'm 12 but I'm 5 ft 8
Original post by adrianboi
Well I don't know if this has anything to do with this but I'm 12 but I'm 5 ft 8

This thread was made 2 years ago and good for you :yy:

this was almost 2 years ago but thanks for contributing :h:
i expect OP is taller nowadays...
Original post by Lychee627
This thread was made 2 years ago and good for you :yy:

Original post by ForestShadow
this was almost 2 years ago but thanks for contributing :h:

:facepalm::rofl:
Original post by tasha_tah
:facepalm::rofl:
aw
awww