The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by Zander01
Saying that women should be careful and take precautions when out at night and alone (in relation to rape) is not victim blaming.

I don't think people say that is victim blaming. Victim blaming is saying that its the victims fault because they were drunk or something, which is totally wrong.
My most controversial view? Well, I'm back from my 12 day timeout. During that time I was able to finish my 200 words essay on the topic of Nazi Germany. My thesis is that Hitler & Nazi beliefs are carried on by twitch tv TSR moderators who like to act as if they themselves were literally Hitler. I think I should score at least 90 out of 100 points for that paper.
Original post by slg60
I don't think people say that is victim blaming. Victim blaming is saying that its the victims fault because they were drunk or something, which is totally wrong.

Some do. I've seen people arguing about it on here and some are saying "oh but they shouldn't have to be careful, men shouldn't rape"! Which yes, would be ideal but that isn't real life.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Hey guys,

As the title says, what is the view you hold deemed most "controversial" in this society we live in today in Britain?

The abandoning of a disabled fetus - down syndrome etc. No one wants a child who has it - a burden on everyone.
Original post by slg60
Lisa Kudrow would be disgusted with you

Ha most likely. But 'disgusted' is a bit strong no?
Reply 645
Original post by Zander01
Some do. I've seen people arguing about it on here and some are saying "oh but they shouldn't have to be careful, men shouldn't rape"! Which yes, would be ideal but that isn't real life.

Oh yeah they should not have to worry and neither should men, but that does not change the fact that we should still be vigilant. I myself would be more worried about being stolen from, but then I am a gent :P
Original post by Yasmin-9970
what are yours? I think its actually a good thing that my most controversial view is about butter...although I wouldn't call it controversial.

Mine is that is homosexuality is ok and bisexuality is ok, incest should be ok (as long as all parties are of age), and so should non-animal cruel bestiality....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 647
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
Ha most likely. But 'disgusted' is a bit strong no?

Possibly, I'm not surely I remember what the first two were. But you were for capital punishment were you not? Which is shameful, why are you?
Reply 648
girls under the age of 18 should be forced to have an abortion if they become pregnant.
Original post by Jpm_123
girls under the age of 18 should be forced to have an abortion if they become pregnant.

Even if it was their idiotic choice to have sex without protection ? Why should a baby have to suffer for that persons decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophieSmall
I think prisons right now are doing a **** job, and even worse once the prisoners are out as its extremely hard for them to get a job and a whole host of other things needed to settle down into society.

So...you basically think prisoners like that should basically be tortured for at least 15 years. What about when those 15 years are up? Do you think after being repeatedly abused, locked up for 23hrs a day and repeatedly raped that these prisoners won't reoffend when out? If you think they won't you are delusional and I question your intelligence.

Its not torture, my dear.
If we were to be realistic with rape being non existent in uk prisons but back to the subject.Harden criminals should never be allowed to walk free and must be placed in a cell for 23 hours a day.
We should also give prisoners,whilst in prison a chance to work for their commodities.

-bring back the death penalty
Original post by slg60
Possibly, I'm not surely I remember what the first two were. But you were for capital punishment were you not? Which is shameful, why are you?

Hey slg60 I have seen you reply to a lot of stuff but I can't find your most controversial view, what is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Charlotte15
Even if it was their idiotic choice to have sex without protection ? Why should a baby have to suffer for that persons decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why should the baby and society have to suffer? Who will provide for the baby? What kind of job will be available for the mother? By having to keep or by keeping the baby one is, in many situations, condemning the mother the baby even the father (if applicable) to low income, bad education, alround bad living because even if they are supported by family how can your family support another family?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yasmin-9970
spreading butter on bread is disgusting.

I agree completely.
Reply 654
Original post by Ilovefantasy
Mine is that is homosexuality is ok and bisexuality is ok, incest should be ok (as long as all parties are of age), and so should non-animal cruel bestiality....

Posted from TSR Mobile

can we add necrophilia too?
Reply 655
Original post by _Charlotte15

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because it is not a baby its an embryo/fetus its not alive. Obviously the person is not suggesting aborting a baby
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 656
Hey slg60 I have seen you reply to a lot of stuff but I can't find your most controversial view, what is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do I have to have one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you going to ask the dog if he likes it? lol wut? "Non-animal cruel beastiality" It has the word beast in it for a reason
Reply 658
Cannabis should be legal :u:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Well carnivores are nearer the top of food chains so are normally less in number. Drop in their population can cause massive propellers for the ecosystems they live in. That applies if you hunt them from the wild.

ALos they are harder to farm since they can't just eat say grass.

Some possible reasons :dontknow:

I think it was more to do with the taste and stuff, the reason I was given anyway. But yeah those are good points too.

Latest