The Student Room Group

First adult passport online application

I'm about to send off my first adult passport application but have recently held a 5yr child passport and so it has gone in as a renewal.

Online I was told I didn't need a countersignature or my parents info but I feel like this can't be right as it is still my first adult passport.

I'm thinking of sending a printed version of the full form also but I don't want to complicate my application either.

We are also travelling to Amsterdam on 1st April so I will need it by then. Very worried!

Has anyone done this recently?
Original post by alicetgibbs
I'm about to send off my first adult passport application but have recently held a 5yr child passport and so it has gone in as a renewal.

Online I was told I didn't need a countersignature or my parents info but I feel like this can't be right as it is still my first adult passport.

I'm thinking of sending a printed version of the full form also but I don't want to complicate my application either.

We are also travelling to Amsterdam on 1st April so I will need it by then. Very worried!

Has anyone done this recently?

I got my first adult passport 2 years ago, and I only had a child one before that, which I got in about 1998.

I asked in the post office when I applied and they said it's correct to just apply as a renewal. I did it by post and got a signature saying the picture was a likeness of me, because I looked a fair bit different from being a child, but if you've not changed a lot it's probably OK :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending