The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
Monaco will be tough but you should get through. No James or Falcao but they've still got Moutinho, Toulalan and Berbatov who can do damage on their day.

If Wenger gets the tactics right(which he seems like he's doing) then you should be fine.

Strong consistency
Original post by VanGaalOut
Strong consistency

Just because I've been slating his performances at United(which haven't been that shocking considering he's isolated as hell in Van Gaals system) doesn't mean that he isn't a good player who can hurt a team when on form. Van Gaal is to blame for Falcaos underperformance.

Rooney is only striker looking good and he's playing at CM which explains most of the problems.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Just because I've been slating his performances at United(which haven't been that shocking considering he's isolated as hell in Van Gaals system) doesn't mean that he isn't a good player who can hurt a team when on form. Van Gaal is to blame for Falcaos underperformance.

Rooney is only striker looking good and he's playing at CM which explains most of the problems.

He's just **** mate. His finishing is ****ing awful, not helped by the system but he's a spent force. Do Monaco still
Have Lacina?
He's just **** mate. His finishing is ****ing awful, not helped by the system but he's a spent force. Do Monaco still
Have Lacina?

Yeah, he's was injured for a while and has 1 goal and 1 assist in 6 appearances so nothing too major that would hurt Arsenal.
Apparently Coquelin is out of contract in the summer and is stalling on a new deal?
Who's looking forward to the quarter final defeat to Bradford??

Anyway, presuming we get past Boro, when is the next round of fixtures - if its at home what are the chances of getting some tickets?
in gif

Agent Cesc, the ****ing pussy, could see him getting absolutely banged in a brawl.

Eboue starting from 2:10 on Bridge lol, what a legend. Probs payback for that goal in the CL.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 348
Original post by Tom_Ford
And lol at people forgetting we actually got owned by Monaco in our own gaff in pre-season.

It was a slow 1-0 where half of our players weren't even fully fit. Our 3rd XI beat Benfica 5-1 doesn't mean they'd do it again..
Reply 349
Original post by leinad2012
Good to see paulista has got a work permit according to BBC, looks like a done deal although a bit more expensive than I hoped.

Now a cheeky contract deal with Khedira and put in feelers for Carvalho and Czech or another keeper for the summer...

Mind you I'd still say we're a gk, cdm, St and even winger short of a title challenging side even with our cb crisis eased

Thing is if we continue with this 4-3-3 set up then a new striker wouldn't be as necessarry as say the other positions. I would say that a natural winger is essential however because right now we've only got Theo and Sanchez. I do like Sanchez playing behind the striker however. GK is not essential but we do need a new ball distributor to replace Arteta
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
Apparently Coquelin is out of contract in the summer and is stalling on a new deal?

Tbh he wants to see if he'll still get the playing time, so I'd understand his decision not to rush and sign a contract.
If you switch to 4-3-3 then it's the end of Özil's career here. Predict a move back to Bundesliga (probs Wolfsburg) for £25m then.
Reply 352
If you switch to 4-3-3 then it's the end of Özil's career here. Predict a move back to Bundesliga (probs Wolfsburg) for £25m then.

We've been playing 4-3-3 for a long time now. He's also already played 4-3-3 against Brighton where he scored?

Original post by Kruz
Tbh he wants to see if he'll still get the playing time, so I'd understand his decision not to rush and sign a contract.

Yeah this. Coquelin is 23 whilst being at loan to Charlton? Guy's proved he can play in the PL so deserves to be starting every game for a lower placed side.
Original post by AR_95
We've been playing 4-3-3 for a long time now. He's also already played 4-3-3 against Brighton where he scored?

Yeah this. Coquelin is 23 whilst being at loan to Charlton? Guy's proved he can play in the PL so deserves to be starting every game for a lower placed side.

Gabriel is looking like it's pretty much done, now I'm hearing Arsene wants to get Kevin Großkreutz due to his versatility. I am not sure how I'd feel about this deal not like he'd improve us massively.
Reply 354
Don't think were actually in for him but it wouldn't be a bad signing. Depth Is depth and we need 4 centre backs fighting for two positions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Middlesbroug. Straightforward win.

I think these pessimistic guys and who say things like ''lets not jinx it'' think they're influencing the game or something :rolleyes:

Lets not mess about, its a game we will win. If not then disgrace
would take kevin in a heartbeat, for the right price ofc. guy can basically play anywhere on the pitch and likes to run about and tackle. would be great depth
Isn't Großkreutz a full back, and it would be nice to have depth but we don't need him.
Reply 358
Original post by Arkasia
Isn't Großkreutz a full back, and it would be nice to have depth but we don't need him.

But we need depth so we would need him?
Original post by AR_95

Based on one game?

You've been so used to seeing how poor Flamini and Arteta are that anyone is going to seem world class compared to them. Was exactly the same when we replaced Cleverley, Fletcher, Anderson with actual midfielders.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest