The Student Room Group

First Year Vacation Schemes/Insight Days 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Does anyone know which firms recruit campus ambassadors?
Original post by RohinGD
Does anyone know which firms recruit campus ambassadors?

The ones I'm aware of are:

Linklaters
Freshfields
HSF
Hogan Lovells
Weil
CMS Cameron McKenna
Mayer Brown
DLA Piper
Norton Rose Fulbright
Original post by Lucilou101
Yeah I put N/A for them all!

Okay sweet! Thank you.
Original post by Unsworth
The ones I'm aware of are:

Linklaters
Freshfields
HSF
Hogan Lovells
Weil
CMS Cameron McKenna
Mayer Brown
DLA Piper
Norton Rose Fulbright

Not sure whether to apply for this kind of thing - I think I'd enjoy it, but I don't know if I'd have time to do it justice :s-smilie:

Edit: Don't actually think I'm eligible for most of them! Maybe next year, although most seem to want Law undergrads which makes sense.
(edited 9 years ago)
I would just like to hear from A&O now - I am so impatient :frown:
Really good actually, was very impressed by it by comparison to other firms I've done similar things at! It was aimed to target first years but there was only about 6-8 of us there, the other 20 were a combination of second/third/fourth years, no assessment at all, was designed to be informative.

It was done in the following way:

- Introductory talk on the firm (Partner)
- More in depth talk about the firm/legal landscape (Director and Associate)
- Talk about seats in corporate, banking and litigation and secondments (3 Trainees)
- Journey from trainee - associate, including secondment to NY and Goldman (Associate)
- Grad recruitment talk (Grad recruitment manager and other grad recruiter)
- Networking lunch (about 10 trainees, a few associates and a couple partners)
- Introduction to M&A (2 Partners)
- Introduction to Banking & Finance (Partner and Associate)
- Negotiation interactive exercise (Associate and Trainee)

Was pleasantly surprised how many people from the firm were involved throughout the day and how many senior people were there. Could only say good things about the day. They're holding another identical one in April which will be opening in Jan/Feb I think!

Just applied for the April version of this! What was the application process like? They've mentioned an interview in my confirmation email!

Also, when did you find out the dates for it? There's no clear date specified on the website from what I can see :s-smilie:
Just applied for the April version of this! What was the application process like? They've mentioned an interview in my confirmation email!

Also, when did you find out the dates for it? There's no clear date specified on the website from what I can see :s-smilie:

It was just judged on the application form, I heard around a week after applying with an email from Latham saying I had been successful.

Not sure how I found the date for mine, but I have a feeling the April one is during the first week of April!
Submitted my Weil application for the Fast Track scheme earlier today and have just submitted my application for their Brand Ambassador role.
Still nothing from A&O :unimpressed:
Original post by J-SP
Be patient folks. This time of year is dreaded by most recruiters for how manic it is with interviewing and applications coming in. They will also be busy preparing for the Feb/March trainee intake.

I don't envy them. The only time that is worse than this is August/early Sept.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only reason it bugs me is because they specified they would reply within 10 working days/14 days - which was last Thursday. I completely understand that they're busy and obviously actual work comes before recruitment. But I had a day in my mind and now any day after consists of me constantly checking my emails :frown:
Rejection from HSF due to not passing the benchmark in one of their tests. Not too bothered, hadn't planned to apply to them for a vac scheme/TC anyway so all is fine :smile:
Rejection from HSF due to not passing the benchmark in one of their tests. Not too bothered, hadn't planned to apply to them for a vac scheme/TC anyway so all is fine :smile:

Sorry to hear that :frown: the scheme doesn't look that good anyway :P
Totally not prepared for this CC AC - and I only have Wednesday free to do some prep work :frown:
Reply 113
Totally not prepared for this CC AC - and I only have Wednesday free to do some prep work :frown:

I'm still not exactly clear about what tests we'll give apart from the case study.
Do we have a normal interview as well?
Original post by RohinGD
I'm still not exactly clear about what tests we'll give apart from the case study.

Case study interview, competency interview and verbal reasoning test I think :/
Original post by RohinGD

Case study interview, competency interview and verbal reasoning test I think :/

Pretty sure we only have one interview which encompasses both the case study and competency side to it.
Pretty sure we only have one interview which encompasses both the case study and competency side to it.

Hmm could be, the email did say 'just one case study interview'. But then the website log in says both - that could just be generic though I guess!
Hmm could be, the email did say 'just one case study interview'. But then the website log in says both - that could just be generic though I guess!

Oh no I called them a couple weeks ago and they told me it would only be one interview rather than two separate ones.
Original post by RohinGD

How did you find the interview? :smile:
Now been 4 weeks since I applied to A&O, they're evidently very busy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending