The Student Room Group

Any musical fans out there...?

Woah, I haven't been here for a while!
Anyways, hiya!

Right, I was wondering whether I'm the only teen who is obsessed with musicals? I feel like I'm lonely on this. Everyone who finds out about this is creeped out for some reason, or just finds me weird. I am prone to becoming obsessed with pretty much anything (full-time nerd is my occupation, after all :stupid:). I am fortunate enough to be living in London, so I have already seen a few which have blown my mind to smithereens.
Do any of you feel the same way...?
Have you got any favourite musicals?

Okay...bye...*hides*
:hide:

Scroll to see replies

You are not alone my friend!

I've been in more musicals than I can remember, it's a common interest that I share with the majority of my friends. :smile:

I'm in Bare: The Musical at the moment but I recently played The Engineer in Miss Saigon, and Jean Valjean in Les Miserables.

Some of my favourite musicals are The Scarlet Pimpernel, Cats, Blood Brothers, Jekyll and Hyde, Miss Saigon and Bare! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by earwithfeet
You are not alone my friend!

I've been in more musicals than I can remember, it's a common interest that I share with the majority of my friends. :smile:

I'm in Bare: The Musical at the moment but I recently played The Engineer in Miss Saigon, and Jean Valjean in Les Miserables.

Some of my favourite musicals are The Scarlet Pimpernel, Cats, Blood Brothers, Jekyll and Hyde, Miss Saigon and Bare! :smile:

Yaaay! Phew! I thought I was alone on this, since this thread is so quiet. Man, you're so lucky to be part of a musical, especially Les Mis! Being in a musical is such a big dream for me... But I'm going on to study Law at uni this year... And I did grade 6 singing and grade 8 piano. A waste, perhaps?
My faves are Cats, Les Mis, Sweeney Todd, and my all-time fave is Phantom of the Opera *fangirls*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheArch
Yaaay! Phew! I thought I was alone on this, since this thread is so quiet. Man, you're so lucky to be part of a musical, especially Les Mis! Being in a musical is such a big dream for me... But I'm going on to study Law at uni this year... And I did grade 6 singing and grade 8 piano. A waste, perhaps?
My faves are Cats, Les Mis, Sweeney Todd, and my all-time fave is Phantom of the Opera *fangirls*

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's so many opportunities in theatre around where I live, so I'm very lucky in that respect! I'm off to study law as well, where are you going? :smile:

I did my grade 8 in both singing and piano and I don't think it's a waste! They're skills that I definitely use all of the time.
Reply 4
Les Mis and Sweeney Todd are both on point.
Reply 5
There's so many opportunities in theatre around where I live, so I'm very lucky in that respect! I'm off to study law as well, where are you going? :smile:

I did my grade 8 in both singing and piano and I don't think it's a waste! They're skills that I definitely use all of the time.

That is true. I might go to a theatre school at some point. I live in London, so access to theatre is pretty easy for me :biggrin: awesome! High five! Well, I really want to go to Royal Holloway. I also got offers from City London University, Westminster University and University of Law.

Wow, I didn't manage to go further after grade 6 in singing because I started my A-Levels and didn't have the time (or money even) to continue. I'm planning on joining the university orchestra, because I really want to use what I've learned for a cause. I don't want my years of hard work to be all for naught.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by CescaD96
Les Mis and Sweeney Todd are both on point.

They are indeed amazing works of art IMO ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheArch
That is true. I might go to a theatre school at some point. I live in London, so access to theatre is pretty easy for me :biggrin: awesome! High five! Well, I really want to go to Royal Holloway. I also got offers from City London University, Westminster University and University of Law.

Wow, I didn't manage to go further after grade 6 in singing because I started my A-Levels and didn't have the time (or money even) to continue. I'm planning on joining the university orchestra, because I really want to use what I've learned for a cause. I don't want my years of hard work to be all for naught.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied and got into drama schools last year, got a place and then dropped out as decided that it is better for me as a part-time commitment rather than a job. The lack of security scared me, so I went back to my original choice and took a gap year instead.

I have friends at Royal Holloway and they absolutely love it! I've had my offers in but will be going to Bristol for law in September. It is incredibly expensive for tuition and examination so I definitely don't blame you! I'll be doing exactly the same; I've applied for Bristol's drama scholarship so will hopefully be involved in their music and drama groups.
Reply 8
Original post by TheArch
They are indeed amazing works of art IMO ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

We did Les Mis for our school show in 2010. I was only 14 at the time, so I was in the chorus, but it started a Les Mis obsession with anyone in the show; we all got the 25th anniversary dvd at Christmas, watched them preform live on an awards show I can't remember the name of (something to do with British classical, maybe) and when it was in cinema I went to see it 3 times in one week.
Reply 9
We did Les Mis for our school show in 2010. I was only 14 at the time, so I was in the chorus, but it started a Les Mis obsession with anyone in the show; we all got the 25th anniversary dvd at Christmas, watched them preform live on an awards show I can't remember the name of (something to do with British classical, maybe) and when it was in cinema I went to see it 3 times in one week.

Les Mis is wonderful - I played percussion in the orchestra when my school did it, which was one of the most fun experiences I've ever had :smile:. It was just beaten by Phantom though which we did before Christmas, I loved being part of the cast. The best musical I've actually been to see professionally has to be Matilda though.
Reply 10
I applied and got into drama schools last year, got a place and then dropped out as decided that it is better for me as a part-time commitment rather than a job. The lack of security scared me, so I went back to my original choice and took a gap year instead.

I have friends at Royal Holloway and they absolutely love it! I've had my offers in but will be going to Bristol for law in September. It is incredibly expensive for tuition and examination so I definitely don't blame you! I'll be doing exactly the same; I've applied for Bristol's drama scholarship so will hopefully be involved in their music and drama groups.

Niiiice! Yeah, I think you made a wise decision there. I was in a few school plays, but that's it. I really want to be involved in a musical or a play, but I just don't know whether I'm good enough.

Ah, awesome! I was quite surprised to learn it's not a Russell Group uni. Strange... I just love the gorgeous campus and the quiet surroundings. Its strengths in the arts is also helpful, since I am very passionate about that as well as law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11

I've watched the 25th anniversary, the movie and I have the soundtrack on my playlist. Love its rich storyline and context as well (I am fascinated by France for some reason). Woah, I fell you about obsessions! Don't get me started on my Phantom obsession....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Yes!

The only thing I ever seem to do is listen to soundtracks on repeat - Jersey Boys <3
Reply 13
Original post by Petick
Yes!

The only thing I ever seem to do is listen to soundtracks on repeat - Jersey Boys <3

Wooop!
Same! I can't stop myself from listening to the POTO and Les Mis soundtrack. I've made so many playlists for them...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Petick
Yes!

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
I watched it for the first time the other week and I absolutely love it too! Glad im not alone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by TheArch
Wooop!
Same! I can't stop myself from listening to the POTO and Les Mis soundtrack. I've made so many playlists for them...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally the best music to revise to!

Original post by frances98
������������������������������������������������������������
I watched it for the first time the other week and I absolutely love it too! Glad im not alone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Forever trying to falsetto :frown:
Original post by Petick
Literally the best music to revise to!

Forever trying to falsetto :frown:

Falsetto?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17

It's how Frankie Valli sings all of the insanely high bits
Reply 18
Original post by TheArch
I've watched the 25th anniversary, the movie and I have the soundtrack on my playlist. Love its rich storyline and context as well (I am fascinated by France for some reason). Woah, I fell you about obsessions! Don't get me started on my Phantom obsession....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to see Phantom so much!
Reply 19
I want to see Phantom so much!

Please do!! I fangirl so much over it! I fangirl over too many things... Maybe it's the tea...? *shrugs*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest