Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Original post by slothgal
Just got rejected :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no :frown: Im so sorry! Did you feel your interview didnt go very well or is this totally unexpected?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1421
Original post by ~Zahra~
I have my interview on Tuesday so fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

me too.. what time? :smile:) i wish we both do well!!
any other pre-interview rejections yet?
Reply 1423
Original post by looolik
People, anyone still not heard after interview the 13th? Are you more likely to get rejected if you hear later?
]

I'm also in the exact same position. I had my imperial medicine interview on the 13th but still have not heard back. But I know someone who got an offer 15 days after his interview.
Reply 1424
Original post by imperialmedic'15
Got an offer (interview 21st)

Congrats :smile: aww how i wish i'll be in your place next week!! i have my interview tmr.. anyhow well done again :smile:
Original post by slothgal
Just got rejected :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry about that!
Was your interview last week?
Reply 1426
Original post by imperialmedic'15
Got an offer (interview 21st)

Congrats with your imperial medicine offer.
How did you find out? By an email or through UCAS
Reply back soon
Original post by liass
Yeah its worth a try, work hard for your A2s and then try calling up some unis. Like Futuremedic said above me, it is very rare, but not impossible so its worth a try

Thank you! :smile:
Offer!!!
Original post by looolik
Offer!!!

Congratulations! When were you interviewed?
Original post by Muffins20
Congratulations! When were you interviewed?

13th, Thank you!!
Original post by YvT1
me too.. what time? :smile:) i wish we both do well!!

Mines at 2:30 what about yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
To anyone who got rejected, commiserations, but did you feel that the interview had gone badly or you could have improved?
Original post by Watchthe
To anyone who got rejected, commiserations, but did you feel that the interview had gone badly or you could have improved?

lol I got rejected post interview after coming out of the interview thinking it went pretty well. Honestly couldn't tell where I went wrong.
Reply 1434
Original post by ~Zahra~
Mines at 2:30 what about yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

3:45.. but i guess i'll see you in the tour..:tongue:
Reply 1435
Hi everyone

I'm new to tsr so please correct me if I'm doing something wrong.
Congrats to all those who have received offers after interview.
To those who were unsuccessful, I hope your application to the other universities are successful

I'm a gap year applicant and received an invite for interview from Imperial in December. I booked my interview in February.
Right now I'm preparing for my interview. I just needed some thoughts from those who had their interviews, as I've never been in a panel interview.
The questions I seem the most perplexed about is the ethics questions. How would you go about answering the ethics questions in general? The ISC Medical Interview book says think through it with the interviewers with each ethical principal's perspective Autonomy, Beneficence, Non-maleficence and Justice.
But another way of answering the question is by thinking about the situation from the views of all those involved, the possible effects on each group of individuals involved when deciding and then giving the final decision and explaining why.
Which is the more accepted way of answering the question? I know every person has their own preferred way of answering it, but which is more suitable as a way to actually answer the question asked?
Hi guys!
Theres nothing i want to do more than medicine.
Ive started revising for the exams.
On any normal school day i do about 5 hours.
On a weekend i do 8 hours.
Is that enough or am i over working myself?
Today is the day! Hope interviews go well for everyone today. Good luck everyone!

So excited :biggrin: :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J_Weller
Same here. I had mine on the 13th and still haven't heard anything. If I don't hear on Tuesday then that will be worrying!

Got an offer!! Facebook won't let me message you:smile:
Original post by alevels2k15
Hi guys!
Theres nothing i want to do more than medicine.
Ive started revising for the exams.
On any normal school day i do about 5 hours.
On a weekend i do 8 hours.
Is that enough or am i over working myself?

Let's look at your average Saturday time window: wake up at 6:30 AM, go to sleep at 1:30 AM. By my counting, that's 19 hours of time. To only use 8 hours out of that for revision is just asking to fail your A Levels. Up your weekend revision by two hours every week until you reach 38 hours of revision per weekend, using the remaining 10 hours to sleep. Don't bother eating food, meet your nutritional needs through liquids (eg. protein shakes) that you can consume while revising.

Weekdays are another matter; you need to be more creative. Don't be idle for a moment. In the car? Start revising. In the toilet? Start revising? In a lesson? Start revising. In fact, never stop revising. Everything you do should be revision in one form or another, otherwise you have no hope.

Good luck.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending