The Student Room Group

i saw a 30 year old on tsr the other day????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by fluffyowl
I was born in the 80s and I am 25. I don't remember it at all because it was late 1989! I am doing a PhD, so still a student. I am probably one of the younger PhD students too!

Wow, that does seem pretty young!
Original post by CescaD96
Wow, that does seem pretty young!

I guess. I was 22 when I started - I did a 4 year undergrad degree, worked for 6 months after I graduated and then started in Jan 2012. I know other people who only did a 3 year undergrad and went straight into a PhD, so would have been younger than me when they started. I think it depends on your field a bit in terms of age of PhD students. Many of the students in my department are my sort of age, but in other departments they tend to be older.
Reply 62
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
MID twenties. It's not late twenties until you're 29-and-a-half.

:shakecane:

I like this worldview and shall adopt it.
Original post by miser
I like this worldview and shall adopt it.

29-and-a-half is early-late-twenties also. :yep:
Reply 64
Original post by fluffyowl
I guess. I was 22 when I started - I did a 4 year undergrad degree, worked for 6 months after I graduated and then started in Jan 2012. I know other people who only did a 3 year undergrad and went straight into a PhD, so would have been younger than me when they started. I think it depends on your field a bit in terms of age of PhD students. Many of the students in my department are my sort of age, but in other departments they tend to be older.

What department is it? I would love to get a PhD after 3 year undergrad degree, which I'm starting in September, but I doubt I'd be able to cause of funding. :frown:
30 and getting A's and A*s on maths mocks preparing for chem, physics and maths A levels, you've either got it or you haven't :biggrin: !!!
Original post by Juno
I'm not going senile yet. I can still do basic maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
also, in Sweden where I am, most the applicants for many degrees are in the 25-34 age bracket...
Reply 67
Why has it even been pointed out that there's a 30 year old person on here? So what? I've just turned 27, was born in 1988. Does that mean I'm old because I was born in the 80's? I'm starting my PGCE in september, I don't feel old at all and I get IDed everytime I go out. Most people say I look 21. You can study at whatever age you want and there will be people on here a lot older than 30. I'm sure you'll love it when you're 30 and people tell you you're 'old'
Couldn't agree more and it's kind of weird how 18 year olds are thinking these days, I didn't give a damn about ages and what other people were doing then.
Original post by Zoe_88
Why has it even been pointed out that there's a 30 year old person on here? So what? I've just turned 27, was born in 1988. Does that mean I'm old because I was born in the 80's? I'm starting my PGCE in september, I don't feel old at all and I get IDed everytime I go out. Most people say I look 21. You can study at whatever age you want and there will be people on here a lot older than 30. I'm sure you'll love it when you're 30 and people tell you you're 'old'
Reply 69
Original post by Hexaneandheels
Couldn't agree more and it's kind of weird how 18 year olds are thinking these days, I didn't give a damn about ages and what other people were doing then.

Glad I'm not the only one!
Didn't think much of the 80's tbh, but the 90's were epic.
I'm immortal.
Reply 72
I'm 18 and I am shocked that OP thinks it's so weird to be 30 ._. It's not that long ago, jesus christ, what are you going to do when you go to uni and see people that are mature students? Calm, the internet isn't for the age bracket 13-18, if anything it's better used by those older than that.
Reply 73
Original post by Zoe_88

From my point of view 30 is the new 20. You don't feel old at all because you are NOT old at all, 30 is young, really young. It's just that at 18 some feel 'oh I'm so old now, I can do whatever I want' without realising they are still teenagers :rolleyes: I don't know if I make sense.
Original post by Quantex
32 and still a student.

Although I've reached the stage where I find myself asking "why do they all where their caps back to front?" and "Yolo? Is that a type of biscuit?"

I read this paragraph 5 times

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Atunu
From my point of view 30 is the new 20. You don't feel old at all because you are NOT old at all, 30 is young, really young. It's just that at 18 some feel 'oh I'm so old now, I can do whatever I want' without realising they are still teenagers :rolleyes: I don't know if I make sense.

I'm 25 and I feel ancient! :goodnight:
Original post by Atunu
I'm 18 and I am shocked that OP thinks it's so weird to be 30 ._. It's not that long ago, jesus christ, what are you going to do when you go to uni and see people that are mature students? Calm, the internet isn't for the age bracket 13-18, if anything it's better used by those older than that.

Im 19 and I too dont understand where this OP is coming from. 30 is ****ing young. 45 is old.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I'm 25 and I feel ancient! :goodnight:

I am 100% sure I will feel dead when I'm 25 because I already do. And I can't for the life of me keep up with technology, my friends just explained to me what vlc is ._.
Reply 78
Original post by AsandaLFC
Im 19 and I too dont understand where this OP is coming from. 30 is ****ing young. 45 is old.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right? And even 45 still isn't old, I want to think that when I'm 45 I'll still go to gigs and festivals, I have seen older people than that at festivals and it's great.
Original post by Atunu
I know right? And even 45 still isn't old, I want to think that when I'm 45 I'll still go to gigs and festivals, I have seen older people than that at festivals and it's great.

My mum's best friend turns 50 next month and she's still a complete badass who goes to clubs and gigs and rock nights and motorcycle meets etc. more than her grown up children!

Quick Reply

Latest