The Student Room Group

i saw a 30 year old on tsr the other day????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by minimarshmallow
My mum's best friend turns 50 next month and she's still a complete badass who goes to clubs and gigs and rock nights and motorcycle meets etc. more than her grown up children!

Well she is my new inspiration in life! Badass indeed, old is more of a thing of how you are rather than your age. So go mum!
Original post by Atunu
I am 100% sure I will feel dead when I'm 25 because I already do. And I can't for the life of me keep up with technology, my friends just explained to me what vlc is ._.

VLC is amazing :yy: Like, life changing stuff.

It's okay :console: They even have hologram glasses and everything now. I've been living in a sci-fi future world since the first smartphones came out.
Reply 82
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
VLC is amazing :yy: Like, life changing stuff.

It's okay :console: They even have hologram glasses and everything now. I've been living in a sci-fi future world since the first smartphones came out.

Starting to watch a Ghibli movie right now, this stuff is awesome.

Haha, I think I stayed with smartphones too, I can barely use this laptop without getting lost in the files :confused:
Nothing wrong with being old
Original post by Jibola240
Nothing wrong with being old

true
Reply 85
Great, now I feel old (late twenties).
TBF I was here before you lot!
Original post by munkie

Let's set up a TSR Nursing Home society. For the over-25s. :getmecoat:
How dare they? Put them back in their coffin.
Original post by Izzyeviel
The hairstyles and fashion was awful, but the music was so, so, so good.

9/11 was pretty much the worst thing, 7/7 was mild in comparison.

2000 was such a good year, then terrorism and the governments response has ruined the world. Oh and you could make a cup of tea in the time it took this page to load over the internet. It would take you a week to download a song and if your mom picked the phone up at the wrong time you'd have to restart the download. But in general before 9/11 the world was a happy place and then people started realising the downside to neo-liberalism.. but then it was too late.

Music, film, TV and most entertainment in the year 2000 was abysmal. I was 16 then and I remember sitting through a lot of that mind-numbing tripe nearly losing the will to live. I felt like these old geezers do as a teenager for god's sake, haha. And still often do. I stopped watching TV and visiting the cinema about ten years ago as a result.

Original post by damoni
as in, I saw their profile and it said they were born in the eighties. I couldn't believe it , I didn't know people born that long ago were still on here? :eek:

how can they even work a keyboard with their gnarled fingers ?
31 and starting college!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ageist
34 and start uni in September!! Never to old for education!!
Original post by Izzyeviel
I'm 32 as well. First year History :smile:

The 80's were awesome. Everything was acceptable then.
:woo:

Original post by PinkMobilePhone
It's kind of hilarious how naive the OP is.

I'm 31 by the way. There are a fair number of us around, it really isn't something to be greatly shocked at.
And I have a feeling that as TSR itself gets older, it's going to be taken more seriously by more students. Not only that more oldies will stick around because either they continue to be students or they like being a member of communities within TSR.
Original post by damoni
as in, I saw their profile and it said they were born in the eighties. I couldn't believe it , I didn't know people born that long ago were still on here? :eek:

... and? They're students just like the rest of us. They probably just chose to get a little life experience first, then found out maybe they wanted something different. When I was in first and second year, one side of my course had a man in his mid-40s to early 50s, and the other had a woman in her early 60s.
Original post by munkie

hah true, I used to come on here when I was 17, most of the younger ones on here would have been about 7.

Also 30 isn't that much older than someone in their early/mid twenties, as they age there's not much of a gap.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by noggins
Music, film, TV and most entertainment in the year 2000 was abysmal. I was 16 then and I remember sitting through a lot of that mind-numbing tripe nearly losing the will to live. I felt like these old geezers do as a teenager for god's sake, haha. And still often do. I stopped watching TV and visiting the cinema about ten years ago as a result.

No, the music of the 90's was pretty awesome, something for everyone. Proper Dance music, proper guitar bands, hip hop was good, pop music was fun. Then the Verve split up and music went from being utter ****e to utter dross.
There was a woman on here born in the 60's. I think it's really nice that there's different age groups it's like that at university with mature students so why shouldn't it be on here as well.

30 though, isn't even old anyway...
(edited 9 years ago)
30 and doing a biomedicine degree in September! Can't believe someone can think 30 is old that is insane actually !
They best stop watching Angelina Jolie in movies as she is 40 this year, oooo and stop watching Jennifer Aniston who is turning 46...oooh and Brad Pitt who is over 50....in fact, let's just follow the idiot who believes we are old at 30 and see how they feel in the very fast coming years!!!!

Original post by lisaw419
34 and start uni in September!! Never to old for education!!
Reply 99
As a mature student, I feel it my duty to inspire others.

Quick Reply

Latest