The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by k83wa1t3r5
Have you heard back from Cardiff? x

yes back in December but i got rejected before interview :frown: x
Anyone had offers from Uni of Hertfordshire at all?
Original post by Chloe098
Ive applied for children's nursing at University of Nottingham, Queens University, Northumbria, Edinburgh Napier and John moores. I've only heard back from John moores and Nottingham and was wondering if anyone else had heard?

Chloe :smile:
I am told Northumbria are interviewing up until march.
Hope this helps.:biggrin:
Original post by Shannon_1997
I don't know any others that have applied either! Aw thank you very much, I'll let you know if I hear anything too!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi ive also applied for DMU for childrens nursing back in early december and ive not heard anything yet either i havent seen any posts i dont think about offers? someone did say to me that they interview in bulks though which could be why theyre taking so long?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awaiting responses from Sheffield Hallam, City and Middlesex. Becoming restless now and have developed a progressive form of dementia as a result which I hold these institutions accountable for.
Original post by BellaPembers
Anyone had offers from Uni of Hertfordshire at all?

Hi, I got a conditional offer for adult nursing on Thursday. My interview was on the 14th Jan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EloiseN9
Hey Diana,

I've heard back from Kings about the MMI and it's been rescheduled for 5th Feb! Have you heard back? :biggrin: x

Heeey!!
Sorry I haven't responded in a while. I had my MMI at KCL today!! I got a call last week Friday asking if I could attend. :smile:

It wasn't bad at all! Everyone, including the applicants, were really really friendly and the atmosphere was really relaxed/not as formal as a traditional interview. :smile:

I can't go into details about the structure of the day or what Q's were asked (I signed a non-disclosure form :/) but seriously don't worry about. Just BE YOURSELF, try not to be nervous, at the end of the day they want to know you.
I wish you all the best!!!! :biggrin:
P.S they said it takes 1-3 weeks before they make an offer ... :/ xx
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BellaPembers
I applied in second week of December. Had an interview for Soton and invited to bmouth for an interview next week. However this is for adult branch which I believe is different as not so competitive as the child branch. Fingers crossed you hear soon. The waiting is so stressful!

:smile: Just to let you know i have it on very good authority do not train at Bournemouth , not good for children's nursing.
Original post by Enesaxxx
Hey I've applied to DMU for children's nursing and I've still heard nothing :frown:

hi guys i applied for DMU adult nursing have my offer have it as my firm choice :biggrin: when did you apply?
Original post by 2 Nurse be
hi guys i applied for DMU adult nursing have my offer have it as my firm choice :biggrin: when did you apply?

I also applied to DMU around the middle of December and have still not heard back. What about you? Congrats on your offer
Hey. Iv applied for huddersfield, sheffield Hallam, bradford, leeds (rejected) and salford (interview stage) to do mental health nursing, haven't heard anything from sheffield or huddersfield is this a good thing??

And also salford interview! Has anyone done it yet as it is meant to be solid, so I'm scared aha how did you all approach your interviews any certain ways or good reading material ???

Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1391
Has anyone else got an offer from Northumbria for Child Nursing in March? X
Reply 1392
Has anyone else got an offer from Northumbria for Child Nursing in March 2016? X
I was rejected from Sheffield Hallam yesterday for their PGDIP NURSING due to lack of experience. Middlesex have contacted me to arrange maths and literacy tests. I have yet to hear from University of West London, Queens University Belfast and University of Ulster. I sent my application on 7th January. Has anyone heard from University of West London?
Original post by Harryscholes1993
Hey. Iv applied for huddersfield, sheffield Hallam, bradford, leeds (rejected) and salford (interview stage) to do mental health nursing, haven't heard anything from sheffield or huddersfield is this a good thing??

And also salford interview! Has anyone done it yet as it is meant to be solid, so I'm scared aha how did you all approach your interviews any certain ways or good reading material ???

Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey good luck with your application! I too applied to Bradford and Huddersfield but for children's! Huddersfield took roughly 2months to get back too me! Did you apply long ago!?
Reply 1395
Original post by moose12
:smile: Just to let you know i have it on very good authority do not train at Bournemouth , not good for children's nursing.

I need more info than that - I live in Southampton so that's my first choice but my only other option is Bournemouth. I can't move as I have small children so it's either Southampton or Bournemouth for me!! Why is it not good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by janec1
I also applied to DMU around the middle of December and have still not heard back. What about you? Congrats on your offer

ah i wouldn't worry then cause i applied late october when not many people got there's in. Was called for my interview for a couple of weeks later and got the offer two days after the interview :smile: thank you, good luck for yours :smile:
Original post by monicanicole
Hi I applied to DMU for Adult Nursing, I hadn't heard anything back from them and I sent of my application in December. I emailed them last week to check the process of my application and they replied that they are going through the applications. They emailed me later on that same day and offered me an interview. I would say email them if you're inpatient like me lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When's your interview? I sent mine off in November! I might email them haha! I'm getting so inpatient as I really really want to go there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should I dress up as though I'm going to an interview on the test day? (LSBU)
Original post by Shannon_1997
When's your interview? I sent mine off in November! I might email them haha! I'm getting so inpatient as I really really want to go there

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's 11th Feb. And hahaha i would email them. It's worth a try! Yeahh I wanna go there too, it's gonna be my firm choice if they give me an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending