The Student Room Group

Which is better regarded out of an MBiolSci and a MSci?

Just in general is there a difference or not?
Reply 1
I think MBiolSci would be better.
Reply 2
Original post by kcv001
I think MBiolSci would be better.

Any reason why? (I'm looking at potentially firming an offer for an MBiolSci at Liverpool and putting an offer for an MSci at Nottingham offer as insurance)
Reply 3
I looked them up on google.
I think with MBiolSci(Master of Biological Science) you'll be able to go into research and publish scientific papers, or get any other job. I'm not so sure about MSci (Master of Science), it seems to be pretty much the same. However, I feel you'll get much more opportunities with the first. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by kcv001
I looked them up on google.
I think with MBiolSci(Master of Biological Science) you'll be able to go into research and publish scientific papers, or get any other job. I'm not so sure about MSci (Master of Science), it seems to be pretty much the same. However, I feel you'll get much more opportunities with the first. :smile:

Thank you,much appreciated :smile:
They're exactly the same as far as I know. They'd both be good for going into research as they're both a three-year undergrad with an extra year of projects, dissertations, and advanced training on top. I think that the difference in names is just down to university polices, although I can't be sure.
It doesn't matter because as the poster above said. Pick based on which course interests you more.

Quick Reply