The Student Room Group

Can People View The Sites You've Been On From Your Router?

My landlord owns the router etc. from my flat, and he lives here too. He keeps bringing up sites I've visited (not xx ones lol) and I have no idea how he'd know because he never uses my laptop and I always delete my history anyway.

Can you view what sites someone's been on if you have a BT router? (Homehub 4 i believe)
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HarryDn
My landlord owns the router etc. from my flat, and he lives here too. He keeps bringing up sites I've visited (not xx ones lol) and I have no idea how he'd know because he never uses my laptop and I always delete my history anyway.

Can you view what sites someone's been on if you have a BT router?

You missed an X.
Reply 2
Original post by Balloon Baboon
You missed an X.

do you know?
What type of sites does he bring up? Who does that?
Reply 4
Original post by donutellme
What type of sites does he bring up? Who does that?

Stuff like fairly random sites it would be hard to guess people went on.

He's a nosy guy tbh
Reply 5
The BT wi-fi router in the office at work (a standard domestic one on a standard domestic line we have for guests to use) keeps a log.

The contractors got a shock when they had it pointed out to them they should not be spending all day on JobServe and JobSite.
Reply 6
Original post by Simes
The BT wi-fi router in the office at work (a standard domestic one on a standard domestic line we have for guests to use) keeps a log.

The contractors got a shock when they had it pointed out to them they should not be spending all day on JobServe and JobSite.

A log of every single page?

That's weird :s-smilie: what BT router is it and how exactly is it accessed?
Reply 7
Original post by HarryDn
A log of every single page?

That's weird :s-smilie: what BT router is it and how exactly is it accessed?
Point your browser at its IP address and, if you know the admin password (I guessed lucky), you're in.

IIRC, without checking, it is the last 100 pages accessed.

It's a BT 2wire jobby.
Reply 8
Original post by Simes
Point your browser at its IP address and, if you know the admin password (I guessed lucky), you're in.

IIRC, without checking, it is the last 100 pages accessed.

It's a BT 2wire jobby.

Thanks. My landlord has a BT Homehub 4, will check.
Yes they can. It doesn't matter which router, whoever controls can see all the i.p addresses of the sites you visit.
Reply 10
Original post by contradicta
Yes they can. It doesn't matter which router, whoever controls can see all the i.p addresses of the sites you visit.

How?
Reply 11
I've got a Thomson Gateway and, having gone through every menu screen on it, I cannot see any way for it to record what sites people are accessing.
Reply 12
Original post by Simes
I've got a Thomson Gateway and, having gone through every menu screen on it, I cannot see any way for it to record what sites people are accessing.

Yeah... how is he doing it then? Got a BT Homehub 4 btw I think :s-smilie:
Original post by HarryDn
Stuff like fairly random sites it would be hard to guess people went on.

He's a nosy guy tbh

What, so he says something like "Hey Harry, I see you went on Pen Island this morning!"?
Reply 14
What a weird creep of a landlord.

Search for "how to kill my landlord because he's spying on me" and let us know what happens.
Reply 15
What, so he says something like "Hey Harry, I see you went on Pen Island this morning!"?

:biggrin:

Original post by HarryDn
:biggrin:
x

Nah, need to find a good therapist :P

(They've moved the site though!!! :frown: )
Reply 17
Nah, need to find a good therapist :P

(They've moved the site though!!! :frown: )

OMG

"hey Harry, I see you had a nice session playing club penguin before you went to bed last night.
Reply 19
Original post by scotttb
"hey Harry, I see you had a nice session playing club penguin before you went to bed last night.

Quick Reply

Latest