The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

I also had my FSAC on the 26th November and am too still waiting. I am on the GES stream. My login pages says that the pass marks are to be reviewed in January so could be this week... (I hope)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1881
Original post by Fsds56
Quick question: I have been amber banded for both the Central Departments and Diplomatic stream. How is this possible? If my mark is not high enough for an immediate pass for CD why is it still being considered for the Diplomatic stream? Confused =S

I'm in the same boat
Received my department assignment today (in the Social Research stream).

Email was very vague - no salary or location yet.
FScandidate and ettymae, has the notice about end of January disappeared from your home pages? I don't want to get my hopes up that this might mean results day! (I was 26th of Nov too)
Yes I just noticed that as well. Fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1885
Original post by madl24903
Hey, had my FSAC today. I literally have no idea how it went! The leadership challenge was difficult and my 'boss' grilled me pretty tough. Quite enjoyed the policy recommendation exercise. When's the earliest you can find out if you're in or out?

I also had mine on 26th Jan. I was absolutely baffled by the policy recommendation and could not manage to complete more than one page. However, I believe my other activities were OK. Lets see what happens next. I believe the results will be disclosed by Friday the 30th.
Reply 1886
Original post by FScandidate
Hey guys,

I had my FSAC on 26th November, applying for the Finance stream and STILL "awaiting results"....

Anyone else still waiting?

Did you apply for finance only or for commercial and audit as well? Because I came across a good number of candidates for commercial at FSAC on 26th.
Original post by frerejacques
Thanks for the reply gman. I know someone currently on the fast stream who applied when already in the civil service, and similar to you their manager was aware all the way through, so think it makes it a bit easier in that regard.

Although I know I'm probably not obliged to give notice should my current employer get a reference request, I think I'd feel really awkward about it until I did!

If you have a HR department you can give their contact email for a reference. If you go and speak to them you can explain that its sensitive and you haven't spoken to your line manager about it. This is what I did!

When I spoke to Parity, they said pre employemnt check would need to be complete before I recieved a contract to sign. But didn't impact me hearing about departmenmtal placement. This may differ stream to stream.

I'm joining Social Research, I recieved an email telling me my department yeaterday but my pre employment checks aren't all complete yet.
Results are out for analytical streams.

I passed! So excited! Second time round as well, definitely worth applying again if you've not made it this time.
Congratulations! I still haven't heard anything... Not too sure what this means

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hq1
I also had mine on 26th Jan. I was absolutely baffled by the policy recommendation and could not manage to complete more than one page. However, I believe my other activities were OK. Lets see what happens next. I believe the results will be disclosed by Friday the 30th.

Wow, the 30th? That's not long at all. How do you know?!
Results have been released for generalist streams too. I've just been notified that I didn't pass FSAC, after attending on the 22nd of January.

Congratulations to everyone who passed, and commiserations to those who didn't. I was pretty surprised at my result, as it didn't feel like I tanked it on the day. If anyone else received a negative result today I'd love to hear where you think it went wrong.
Original post by beth_r_p
If you have a HR department you can give their contact email for a reference. If you go and speak to them you can explain that its sensitive and you haven't spoken to your line manager about it. This is what I did!

When I spoke to Parity, they said pre employemnt check would need to be complete before I recieved a contract to sign. But didn't impact me hearing about departmenmtal placement. This may differ stream to stream.

I'm joining Social Research, I recieved an email telling me my department yeaterday but my pre employment checks aren't all complete yet.

Thanks Beth, really appreciate the advice and information
Reply 1893
My page now says that commercial and finance pass marks will be set in early February. I'm getting sick of them changing their own deadlines if I'm honest, it's completely unprofessional.
Reply 1894
Does anyone know what the situation is re. being posted somewhere out of London? Is there a choice in the matter?

I live with my long term partner, he works in the City and so relocating isn't an option..
Original post by kripke
Does anyone know what the situation is re. being posted somewhere out of London? Is there a choice in the matter?

I live with my long term partner, he works in the City and so relocating isn't an option..

You will most likely be posted outside of London for one of the placements. Strong compassionate reasons can be taken into account, such as caring responsibilities.
Original post by kripke

My situation is similar, I emailed the person organising the placements for my stream explaining my circumstances. I got their email from someone at Parity. Not sure how much they take it into consideration but can't hurt.

I also put London as my number 1 preference on my application form.
Reply 1897
Original post by rs2210
Received my department assignment today (in the Social Research stream).

Email was very vague - no salary or location yet.

When you received this were you given your location too? I received a phonecall from one of the Fast Stream managers who said it would likely be 6/8 weeks before the start of employment that I would find out - not a lot of time if I have to move from Scotland! He also said salary is £27k regardless of location!
That's what it was last year.
Reply 1899
Original post by GManTheGMan
That's what it was last year.

£28500 in NI last year

I thought Diplomatic was supposed to be lower as well
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending