The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry nightlife

Regardless of people say this will be a big part of my uni decision so what is the nightlife really like? Any decent clubs with dance,house etc?
Reply 1
Original post by Staff596
Regardless of people say this will be a big part of my uni decision so what is the nightlife really like? Any decent clubs with dance,house etc?

Also what accommodation is most sociable/ typically attracts people who want to go out more?
Anyone know rough prices of trains to and from new street?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Also what accommodation is most sociable/ typically attracts people who want to go out more?
Anyone know rough prices of trains to and from new street?

Pretty much all halls are social from my experience's Staff596 - so don't worry too much on that front, but the biggest are Singer, Callice and Priory :smile: - New street is very cheap to get to/from as I do it almost every week, it will cost you between £2-6 depending on the time you travel (Open return, Day return, super off-peak, off-peak, or peak ect) and the service provider (Virgin, London Midland, Cross Country).

Coventry does have some decent clubs - Kasbah caters for pretty much all tastes, it often has DJs come and play specific dates as well as regular club nights and is very close to lots of student accommodation, JJ's also has a range of nights to suit different tastes and is located in the Skydome in Coventry. If you do venture over to Birmingham I fully recommend checking out Rainbow Warehouse and the Custard Factory for all your EDM needs :smile:

Hope this helps - any other questions just let me know :smile:
- Josh
Original post by Cov Uni
Pretty much all halls are social from my experience's Staff596 - so don't worry too much on that front, but the biggest are Singer, Callice and Priory :smile: - New street is very cheap to get to/from as I do it almost every week, it will cost you between £2-6 depending on the time you travel (Open return, Day return, super off-peak, off-peak, or peak ect) and the service provider (Virgin, London Midland, Cross Country).

Coventry does have some decent clubs - Kasbah caters for pretty much all tastes, it often has DJs come and play specific dates as well as regular club nights and is very close to lots of student accommodation, JJ's also has a range of nights to suit different tastes and is located in the Skydome in Coventry. If you do venture over to Birmingham I fully recommend checking out Rainbow Warehouse and the Custard Factory for all your EDM needs :smile:

- Josh

Could you tell me how big Callice is? On the website it said how many rooms Liberty Point had but not Callice. Thanks :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Cov Uni

- Josh

Thanks josh, how much return from new street lets saying leaving 10pm return 4am (or earliest time if later)

Ive heard about a newly opened club called 'Society' who are the same team who brought coventry 'Rehab Warehouse' that looks to be focusing on my sort of night out, do you know if that's open every week and if not how often is it open? How often does Kasbah or JJs have a dj event?
Just don't want to be going to uni in a city I don't like the nightlife in as I know I will hate it and can't stand a quiet pub etc
I'm sure I'll be off into bham a lot.
Is Liberty point not as sociable?
Reply 5
Thanks josh, how much return from new street lets saying leaving 10pm return 4am (or earliest time if later)

Ive heard about a newly opened club called 'Society' who are the same team who brought coventry 'Rehab Warehouse' that looks to be focusing on my sort of night out, do you know if that's open every week and if not how often is it open? How often does Kasbah or JJs have a dj event?
Just don't want to be going to uni in a city I don't like the nightlife in as I know I will hate it and can't stand a quiet pub etc
I'm sure I'll be off into bham a lot.
Is Liberty point not as sociable?

You'd need to buy an anytime return (£5.90) as you'd be returning the day after - but keep in mind the first train back from Birmingham isn't until 5:29am. Plenty of places there are open that late though. Society opened just before christmas and has fairly regular events, although i'm not sure it's quite weekly just yet! There does seem to be something on there at least every fortnight from what my classmates tell me. Kasbah/JJs have their regular clubs nights every week, and guest DJ's tend to be around once a month - although regularly more often! I can't speak from personal experience with Liberty Point as I personally lived in Raglan, but I can't imagine it would be any different - all halls tend to be very social, even Raglan as one of the smaller accommodations was still very social - you tend to just get to know everyone where ever you live unless you go out of your way not to in my experience.

Hope this helps!
- Josh
Reply 6
Thanks josh im going to try and get down there sometime soon
My other choice is uni of leeds which is higher conditions but coventry is my slightly preferred course, are kasbah/jjs often full/crowded and is that where most people go on the weekend?
Reply 7
Original post by rainbowsloth
Could you tell me how big Callice is? On the website it said how many rooms Liberty Point had but not Callice. Thanks :smile:

Hey rainbowsloth,
I'm unsure on the capacity for Callice Court - but I'll make some enquiries and get back to you!
- Josh
Original post by Cov Uni
Hey rainbowsloth,
I'm unsure on the capacity for Callice Court - but I'll make some enquiries and get back to you!
- Josh

Thank you!
Reply 9

Hey Rainbowsloth,
I've had a reply from our accomodation team - they've said that its 550~bed :smile:
-Josh
Original post by Cov Uni
Hey Rainbowsloth,
I've had a reply from our accomodation team - they've said that its 550~bed :smile:
-Josh

Thank you so much for your help!
Reply 11
Thank you so much for your help!

Not a problem - feel free to drop us a message any time if you have any more questions & we'll do our best to answer them for you :smile:
- Josh
Reply 12
Thanks josh im going to try and get down there sometime soon
My other choice is uni of leeds which is higher conditions but coventry is my slightly preferred course, are kasbah/jjs often full/crowded and is that where most people go on the weekend?

My biggest advice would be to pick on the basis of the course, regardless of the university, and i'm not just saying that- because ultimately it's the course that will keep you there! No matter which university you go to, if you don't truly enjoy what you do it will be difficult - you're committing 3 whole years of your life to the course you pick remember :smile:. If nightlife it important to you, have you thought about coming down for a weekend if you have time? Maybe tie it in with another visit to an applicant day? Kasbah is usually very full, JJ's does tend to be a lot quieter, still busy enough to have a good night, but it has a much larger dance floor so it not necessarily that there are less people there.

- Josh
Reply 13
Original post by Cov Uni
My biggest advice would be to pick on the basis of the course, regardless of the university, and i'm not just saying that- because ultimately it's the course that will keep you there! No matter which university you go to, if you don't truly enjoy what you do it will be difficult - you're committing 3 whole years of your life to the course you pick remember :smile:. If nightlife it important to you, have you thought about coming down for a weekend if you have time? Maybe tie it in with another visit to an applicant day? Kasbah is usually very full, JJ's does tend to be a lot quieter, still busy enough to have a good night, but it has a much larger dance floor so it not necessarily that there are less people there.

- Josh
yes I am being swung to coventry for the course. I am going to go down March time I think, how do you get back from brum if you're heading back before first train, taxi only way? How expensive?
Thanks
Reply 14
yes I am being swung to coventry for the course. I am going to go down March time I think, how do you get back from brum if you're heading back before first train, taxi only way? How expensive?
Thanks

That sounds good! I am generally happy to get the 900 bus back, which runs through the night weekdays and saturdays and costs around £2. However, it is a long journey! I've never got a taxi back, but I do know a few friends who used to do this regularly, and they said it cost them around £10 each when split between 5 of them - I think the trick there is to ring round and get some quotes and then book in advance!

Hope this helps
-Josh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending