The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Postgraduate Applicants/Offer Holders 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by YulianaRus
All of my documents status changed to "reviewed" except for transcripts. Those are still "not reviewed yet". Weird. What does that mean?

They are still checking them? :dontknow:
Mine are still "Not yet reviewed".

How did you apply for funding?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
All of my documents status changed to "reviewed" except for transcripts. Those are still "not reviewed yet". Weird. What does that mean?

I was SO curious if those "document type" categories meant anything or not. mine still say not yet reviewed and i applied 12/20, recs came in 1/6. but they went on holiday for 2 weeks of that. so glad to know that they will change once they are read! i keep checking!

the pound fluctuation has been helping me afford king's more than before. it's now only a 1.5 difference rather than 1.75, so hopefully it says low so I can knock a few thousand usd off the price. still cheaper than most us grad schools though!
Original post by Josb
They are still checking them? :dontknow:
Mine are still "Not yet reviewed".

How did you apply for funding?

I haven`t yet, want to hear a decision first. But there is King’s Student No at the top of my application overview, I believe we should use this for funding application.
There is only one scholarship for me anyway, so I can wait a bit. :smile:
Reply 23
I haven`t yet, want to hear a decision first. But there is King’s Student No at the top of my application overview, I believe we should use this for funding application.
There is only one scholarship for me anyway, so I can wait a bit. :smile:

My deadline for funding is 30 January. :cry2:
I emailed my supervisor.
I am also in a similar situation. I applied during new years and so far it states that my "documents are ok" and "personal statements meets assessment needs".

I wonder how much longer do i have to wait.... I am nervous!
Reply 25
I applied in late October and heard back last week. I was at the same stage for ages (documents are ok etc.) and it was the worst email refreshing of my life.
What courses did you guys apply for?
Arts Education :smile:
Reply 28
For those who are interested, I found this 2012 AHRC page giving the share of the 35 scholarships in the Arts given by KCL (it should be the same figure this year).
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/study/funding/gradfund.aspx

Classics offers up to two AHRC-funded doctoral studentship

Comparative Literature offers up to one Arts and Humanities Graduate School Studentship

Culture, Media & Creative Industries offers up to one Arts and Humanities Graduate School Studentship

English offers up to four AHRC-funded doctoral studentships

Film Studies offers up to two AHRC-funded doctoral studentships

French offers up to four AHRC-funded doctoral studentships

German offers up to two Arts and Humanities Graduate School Studentships

Hellenic Studies offers up to one Arts and Humanities Graduate School Studentships

History offers up to five AHRC-funded doctoral studentships

Linguistics offers up to one AHRC-funded doctoral studentship

Medieval Studies offers up to one Arts and Humanities Graduate School Studentship

Music offers up to three AHRC-funded doctoral studentships

Philosophy offers up to up to six AHRC-funded doctoral studentships

Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies offers up to two AHRC-funded doctoral studentships

Theology & Religious Studies offers up to two AHRC-funded doctoral studentships

Lucky philosophers. :biggrin:
Applied for an MA Intelligence & International Security. Probably shouldn't tell you about that blah blah blah.
(edited 9 years ago)
I applied for the MA Medical Law and Medical Ethics course just a few days ago. My other choices got back to me relatively quickly with offers, so I'm hoping King's won't be painstakingly long?!
Congrats! I 'm not sure if I am the unusual case but I applied during new years and have not gotten anything. I was told they would be in touch in a "couple of weeks". Sighs, i guess i'll just have to wait and see. :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by natcagLLB
I applied for the MA Medical Law and Medical Ethics course just a few days ago. My other choices got back to me relatively quickly with offers, so I'm hoping King's won't be painstakingly long?!

I applied to the same course! They got back to me very quickly. If offered a place, do you think you'd go down the Medical Ethics and Law route or just Medical Law?
Good luck
x
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by B*Witched
I applied to the same course! They got back to me very quickly. If offered a place, do you think you'd go down the Medical Ethics and Law route or just Medical Law?
Good luck
x

Definitely the Medical Ethics and Law route. What about you? I'm really hoping for an offer, but at the same time it's so expensive. My other offers are a bit cheaper, so I'll have to see about scholarships etc. Fingers crossed! Congrats on your offer
Reply 34
Original post by natcagLLB
Definitely the Medical Ethics and Law route. What about you? I'm really hoping for an offer, but at the same time it's so expensive. My other offers are a bit cheaper, so I'll have to see about scholarships etc. Fingers crossed! Congrats on your offer

Thank you. Probably the Medical Law pathway, but still undecided! It really is ridiculously expensive, I agree. Good luck with your application and let us know the outcome. X
Reply 35
I got accepted for MA Political Economy and MA International Political Economy. Anybody else here? :smile:
When did u apply?
Reply 37
At the beginning of December.
Reply 38
I'm in! Offer for Environment, Politics and Globalization MA. :biggrin: Going to book a flight to London for spring break to check out the campus and some housing.
Original post by kalechip
I'm in! Offer for Environment, Politics and Globalization MA. :biggrin: Going to book a flight to London for spring break to check out the campus and some housing.

When did you apply?? Congrats btw!!!

Quick Reply

Latest