The Student Room Group

Can People View The Sites You've Been On From Your Router?

Scroll to see replies

Oh shizz... I didn't know you could do that... O__o

Original post by janet9
What a weird creep of a landlord.

Search for "how to kill my landlord because he's spying on me" and let us know what happens.

Looolz. xD

Too bawse for you, sir.
Reply 21
Original post by janet9
What a weird creep of a landlord.

Search for "how to kill my landlord because he's spying on me" and let us know what happens.

:lol:
Original post by scotttb
"hey Harry, I see you had a nice session playing club penguin before you went to bed last night.

Original post by HarryDn

You can do it but it'd take time and effort to find the websites that someone's been on; it lists every single IP from every connection to the router including things like advert's source's IP addresses. So it would take a lot of filtering to find even one site that someone's been on, I wouldn't worry:biggrin:
Reply 24
Another possibility is the parental controls on the BT web site. I'm not a BT customer (never again!) so I don't know, but there may be something there.

Also, although you are accessing a router, you don't know what the landlord has put between the router and the wall socket; there could be another router in there or even a PC that is logging everything.
I'm surprised that no one has brought this up yet, but if your browsing through a non secure connection i.e HTTP not HTTPS then anyone can intercept the packets between you and anyone your computer communicates with.

HTTPS adds SSL over HTTP so the connection is encrypted. If you browse through HTTP the contents of your packets/datagrams are public.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Kernel_Coder
I'm surprised that no one has brought this up yet, but if your browsing through a non secure connection i.e HTTP not HTTPS then anyone can intercept the packets between you and anyone your computer communicates with.

HTTPS adds SSH over HTTP so the connection is encrypted. If you browse through HTTP the contents of your packets/datagrams are public.

Thanks, so can I change all the addresses to https or is there another way of changing the connection?
Original post by HarryDn
Thanks, so can I change all the addresses to https or is there another way of changing the connection?

Actually, I've just realized how tired I am... Whilst what I've said is true, even SSL (HTTPS) won't actually block the host names you are trying to access. Even with HTTPS, it won't show what you've been doing on the site but it will still be possible to view which sites have been accessed.
Reply 28
Original post by Kernel_Coder
Actually, I've just realized how tired I am... Whilst what I've said is true, even SSL (HTTPS) won't actually block the host names you are trying to access. Even with HTTPS, it won't show what you've been doing on the site but it will still be possible to view which sites have been accessed.

:frown:

time to no fap
Reply 29
Original post by donutellme

Quick Reply

Latest