The Student Room Group

English Lit Help!

how do i talk about context and hit those AOs bands????? need help.

thanks
Original post by emee

thanks

Hi I think it would help if you told us your exam board and which year you are in...
Original post by emee

thanks

Moving to English :h: but as above, provide a little more detail and maybe I can help! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone. I too need help with my English lit. I am doing English lit AQA. When answering a question in section A part a e.g. How does Hosseini tell the story in Chapter 22 or How does Fitzgerald tell the story in chapter 5- I do not know how to get the highest band for it. Part a of section a focuses only on A02- form, structure and language. I am constantly getting a high Band 4 or a low band 5 (14/15 out of 21) and I want to be getting a solid band 5 or possibly a band 6.

If anyone has any tips that will help me improve my grades, let me know. Thank you!
Original post by Aliyah_rose
Hi everyone. I too need help with my English lit. I am doing English lit AQA. When answering a question in section A part a e.g. How does Hosseini tell the story in Chapter 22 or How does Fitzgerald tell the story in chapter 5- I do not know how to get the highest band for it. Part a of section a focuses only on A02- form, structure and language. I am constantly getting a high Band 4 or a low band 5 (14/15 out of 21) and I want to be getting a solid band 5 or possibly a band 6.

If anyone has any tips that will help me improve my grades, let me know. Thank you!

Hi, is this for the narrative techniques exam? I'm assuming it is! If you take the chapter and split into say around 4 or 5 sections, then it makes it easier to answer the question. Then pick out the narrative techniques that (for example) Fitzgerald uses, such as the disordered narrative that occurs as a result of Nick's drinking that makes him an unreliable narrator. Focus solely on the narrative techniques and how these are used by Fitzgerald and for what purpose and hopefully you'll get up to the top band! And make sure you've planned all your chapters! Makes it so much easier. Hope this makes sense, don't hesitate to ask again if you're unsure!
Reply 5
The exam board say that context is only relevant if it is brought in naturally. For example, if answering a question on 'Macbeth' it is not relevant to write a full paragraph about how James I wrote a book called 'Demonology', however if you incorporate this naturally into your answer this will ensure top marks.
Original post by Bilbostoes
Hi, is this for the narrative techniques exam? I'm assuming it is! If you take the chapter and split into say around 4 or 5 sections, then it makes it easier to answer the question. Then pick out the narrative techniques that (for example) Fitzgerald uses, such as the disordered narrative that occurs as a result of Nick's drinking that makes him an unreliable narrator. Focus solely on the narrative techniques and how these are used by Fitzgerald and for what purpose and hopefully you'll get up to the top band! And make sure you've planned all your chapters! Makes it so much easier. Hope this makes sense, don't hesitate to ask again if you're unsure!

Thank you very much for your advice! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending