The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jchap9776
lol, who cares if we're oxbridge rejects, i personally think lse is on a par and did so before my cambridge application although my thoughts would be that oxbridge is once in a lifetime opportunity and despite the london advantages of lse, everyone gets the chance to live in london. Nothing worse than oxbridge students getting all high and mighty when they're assessed on different (but arguably more important) criteria to london applicants

p r e a c h
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Erm... What does that have to do with anything? :s-smilie:.

Yet it's perfectly fine when LSE students get all high and mighty given the attitude towards Oxford PPE on this thread? It was a reasonable suggestion that these questions shouldn't be posted on either of the universities pages, for obvious reasons, get a grip.

Woaahh, currently gripping hard. Tbf I don't really care and if you'd remember, I was supportive of your comments about Oxford ppe. But it's your assumption that all lse prospectives on this thread must be butthurt about getting Oxbridge rejections that, in combination with your display name, sums up the mentality of people as soon as they get accepted into Oxbridge for me. No offence lol
Woaahh, currently gripping hard. Tbf I don't really care and if you'd remember, I was supportive of your comments about Oxford ppe. But it's your assumption that all lse prospectives on this thread must be butthurt about getting Oxbridge rejections that, in combination with your display name, sums up the mentality of people as soon as they get accepted into Oxbridge for me. No offence lol

I never said all. That's rich considering how you were all so quick to big up the uni yet get so defensive when challenged. My display name was there two years before I applied so that failed :lol:. None taken :smile:.
(edited 9 years ago)
I never said all. That's rich considering how you were all so quick to big up the uni yet get so defensive when challenged. My display name was there two years before I applied :lol:. None taken :smile:.

Well fair enough hahaha! It's was worth a call out attempt :wink: nah in all seriousness, I do agree that some people on here are a bit too 'lse>' but I personally would go for Oxbridge every time just for the different life experience but lbh, if you're going Oxbridge, lse or ucl/Warwick - you're gonna be getting a golden ticket to the chocolate factory - lots of overthinking on TSR
Original post by Econ95
I applied in October and still haven't heard anything :/ anyone else??

Here! They sent me 2+2+8+4+2 weeks email haha..:frown:
Erm... What does that have to do with anything? :s-smilie:.

Yet it's perfectly fine when LSE students get all high and mighty given the attitude towards Oxford PPE on this thread? It was a reasonable suggestion that these questions shouldn't be posted on either of the universities pages, for obvious reasons, get a grip.

Who is actually doing this? I've yet to see it. Stop trying to bait people, and stop making excuses to annoy people in this thread. Really tiresome now.

If I've read right you're already a student at Camb, so god knows why you're posting in an LSE applicants thread...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Who is actually doing this? I've yet to see it. Stop trying to bait people, and stop making excuses to annoy people in this thread. Really tiresome now.

If I've read right you're already a student at Camb, so god knows why you're posting in an LSE applicants thread...

This convo died 3 hours ago yet you felt to bring it up...look at the past 5-10 pages, I'm not the only one who noticed it either^. Yh well people are always gonna get annoyed when someone disagrees with their view, OP asked a question to which I answered.

Doesn't matter, I've been through the LSE process, so my previous contribution on admissions were valid. Calm yourself.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey everyone

Can we calm things down a bit on this thread? If you see a post you don't like, please report it rather than engaging with the poster. Let's try and move on from this now and get the thread back on topic. Thanks. :smile:
Reply 2768

It's perfectly fine to prefer one uni to another but let's not delude ourselves here.

it's a fact (for the specific jobs i'm talking about)
cambridge is better otherwise
(edited 9 years ago)
I love how they label it a 'problem', great banter though, the c1 100ums cracks me up every time lol

I think the second part of the series is even funnier!
Original post by nayilgervinho
I think the second part of the series is even funnier!

Just watched, lmao
This thread is just gonna spark into life again come Thursday at 12pm haha
Hi! I am an offer holder for Bsc International Relations (L250). Uhh... I got 4A*s, 5As and 2Bs at GCSE

2As in Geography and Critical Thinking (I don't know if that A really counts though lol), a B in Government and Politics, a C in English Lit and a D in Economics in AS. I have a few resits to do, what can I say :wink:

I think my personal statement was pretty strong, and I'm predicted an A* in Geog, an A in English Lit and a B in Gov. and Politics. Yeah, that's right, an odd combo of A*AB predicted grades (worked for me in the end though).

The offer I received was the standard AAA.
Reply 2773
Original post by gohohome
Hi! I am an offer holder for Bsc International Relations (L250). Uhh... I got 4A*s, 5As and 2Bs at GCSE

2As in Geography and Critical Thinking (I don't know if that A really counts though lol), a B in Government and Politics, a C in English Lit and a D in Economics in AS. I have a few resits to do, what can I say :wink:

I think my personal statement was pretty strong, and I'm predicted an A* in Geog, an A in English Lit and a B in Gov. and Politics. Yeah, that's right, an odd combo of A*AB predicted grades (worked for me in the end though).

The offer I received was the standard AAA.

To receive an offer for IR at LSE with ABCD at AS? Sounds legit!
Original post by benq
To receive an offer for IR at LSE with ABCD at AS? Sounds legit!

Don't know if this is sarcasm or not but yeah I'm super proud of myself actually. I did a lot of work experience uhm...
Reply 2775
Original post by gohohome
Don't know if this is sarcasm or not but yeah I'm super proud of myself actually. I did a lot of work experience uhm...

This is sarcasm, yes. I'm not claiming that you couldn't have received the offer, but to me it seems extremely unlikely. Especially considering that IR is THE most competitive course at LSE, one of the most competitive universities in the world. If you really did - then this is simply amazing and you must have written one killer personal statement.
Original post by benq
This is sarcasm, yes. I'm not claiming that you couldn't have received the offer, but to me it seems extremely unlikely. Especially considering that IR is THE most competitive course at LSE, one of the most competitive universities in the world. If you really did - then this is simply amazing and you must have written one killer personal statement.

http://prntscr.com/5xs3ve
^ there is it lmao. I got all 5 offers :smile: I can upload my personal statement if you want? :smile:
Original post by benq

I've received all 5 of my offers actually. Yeah, I can send you a copy of my PS if you want. It's great :smile:
I hope the attachment works, uh, I tried to paste a prntscrn link but it's pending.
Original post by benq

Lol at "the most competitive course"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daltohn
Lol at "the most competitive course"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, surely that would be Economics, no? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending