The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Fat people are fat because they made bad decisions.
Being overly large or overly skinny is not good and people shouldn't be told "you're beautiful no matter what your size" because it is detrimental to their health and affects others.
Smokers are idiots.
Drinking alcohol until you pass out and brain cells die by the hundreds is not "cool" or "fun"
Original post by slg60
But it is not a baby at this point it, could be either an embryo or fetus but it is most certainly not a baby, in my opinion. Do you believe that it is a baby at conception?

It isn't physically a child, but if your aborting it whilst it is only an embryo I view that challenge as being a possible life and therefore, you have theoretically killed cells that will have made a child. However, maybe my views biased because that's how I'm taught it as being by school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Charlotte15
It isn't physically a child, but if your aborting it whilst it is only an embryo I view that challenge as being a possible life and therefore, you have theoretically killed cells that will have made a child. However, maybe my views biased because that's how I'm taught it as being by school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

*I view that group of cells

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 723
Original post by Ignitus7
Yes, it's cruel

Even without the whips? What about owning a family pet?
Original post by slg60
Its a fact, you cannot say nope not really...

*It's

And I wasn't arguing with the 'facts', I just said your post didn't give me 'food for thought', so to speak

Deterrence is an afterthought, I just like the thought of punishing violent criminals in the most violent way possible, I'm a bit sadistic like that:biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 725

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh are you religious then? So then is it only wrong because it has the potential for life, but is not actually living?
Original post by Grantland
I think countries (specifically the UK) should lower immigration and foreign involvement, and instead look at the problems within. Help yourself before you help others.

...despite the fact that others have vastly bigger problems than your own?
Reply 727
Original post by constantino_chr
*It's

And I wasn't arguing with the 'facts', I just said your post didn't give me 'food for thought', so to speak

Deterrence is an afterthought, I just like the thought of punishing violent criminals in the most violent way possible, I'm a bid sadistic like that:biggrin:

My sincerest apologies for that missing apostrophe...

That is actually quite unnerving.
Original post by slg60
Oh are you religious then? So then is it only wrong because it has the potential for life, but is not actually living?

Catholic school and yes it has the potential for life and therefore seen as wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not convinced that male baldness is fully genetic, although obviously there is a genetic component. There are studies which suggest that the western diet and lifestyle has more to do with baldness than genetics. When scientists don't know something, they seem to blame genes and it's a bit of a cop out.
Original post by Chlorophile

Yes.
Original post by Grantland
Yes.

Well that's pretty disgusting, in my view.
Well that's pretty disgusting, in my view.

It's my most controversial view, so I'm not surprised by that.
Original post by Ozzin
Fat people are fat because they made bad decisions.
Being overly large or overly skinny is not good and people shouldn't be told "you're beautiful no matter what your size" because it is detrimental to their health and affects others.
Smokers are idiots.
Drinking alcohol until you pass out and brain cells die by the hundreds is not
"cool" or "fun"

Yes, if you are a young person who binge drinks or chain-smokes 'for fun' I think you're trash.
In theory, I'd love to place those who don't do anything to society by the age of 40 (unless it's not their fault) in a desert island and hold a mini Hunger Games style event there.

In practice, that would be bull**** since how are you meant to measure a person's worth to the rest of us.

I also believe that left wing activists should shut up about Israel until they acknowledge Hamas' rocket attacks, both parties in the conflict should be blamed.
Reply 735
Original post by constantino_chr
Yes, if you are a young person who binge drinks or chain-smokes 'for fun' I think you're trash.

I agree but I meant everyone who does that.
Reply 736
Catholic school and yes it has the potential for life and therefore seen as wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean no offense in the way I phrase this, but do not you see how it would be better to abort the potential baby and save it from having a life without love, than to keep it an force it into a world where the mother does not want it?
Original post by Ozzin
I agree but I meant everyone who does that.

I agree, I am only more annoyed when young people do it because it seems as if they're desperate to be rebellious and popular.

That's not to say anyone chain smoking or binge drinking doesn't appall me
Original post by slg60
I mean no offense in the way I phrase this, but do not you see how it would be better to abort the potential baby and save it from having a life without love, than to keep it an force it into a world where the mother does not want it?

Yeah, I do tbh because although that child if not aborted would live, it wouldn't really have a great childhood so maybe for the best abortion may be used. Depends on the situation I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not always that simple though. I think we usually get involved in foreign conflicts etc because it will benefit us. It doesn't always help the other country and can make the situation worse in ways.

Latest