The Student Room Group

Parents name their child 'Nutella'- what's the most unusual baby name you've heard?

Scroll to see replies

Can't think of one of the top of my head; but surnames as first names. I appear to have a rather popular boys name as a surname.
Reply 101
Original post by OU Student
Can't think of one of the top of my head; but surnames as first names. I appear to have a rather popular boys name as a surname.

James?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope.

Now I've said that, I think I'm going to have everyone guessing what it is. Growing up, it was, as far as I was aware, just a surname. But now, it appears to be a boys name. And it seems that a lot of people change the first letter and just end up with really chavvy first names.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
"A recently-born baby named Nutella was renamed by a court in the French city of Valenciennes after a judge ruled that the parents’ decision to the name the child after a food was against the child’s interest"

So, what's the strangest name you've heard for a child?

:yum:

A girl from a school near where i live is called chlamydia. As you'd imagine its not a very nice area. :P
My bro's name is Kashmir, like the Indian region. :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
I know a baby called Bluebell, her mum doesn't shorten it either (eg Belle)
Ptolomy (Silent P) is another, it's Greek or something?

They've got nothing on some names though... Like Nutella...

Oh no! I'm always the only person with my name that anyone's met but now I discover it is a Mormon name. What were my parents thinking of?
I swear I just heard that guy from Vine say that in his voice. :iiam:
Reply 108
I ran into a guy who's parents named him Astro Blaster which was a video game they liked just before he was born.
that is literally the worst.
(edited 3 years ago)
Only skimmed thread, dunno if already been mentioned soz.

But I think a few years ago some couple in NZ called their child "Tahula Does The Hula From Hawaii" which was just wow.
Reply 111
The stupidest celeb name I've heard has got to be Pilot Inspektor Lee

I've also heard that people have tried to name their kids Accident which is also very stupid.
I've seen the Talulah Does The Hula one before too which was just...wtf

Also there was recently a woman in the news for a horrible reason and her name is Hyphernkemberly(?!?)

Oh and my dad actually used to know someone called Drew Peacock
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jakelord98
A girl from a school near where i live is called chlamydia. As you'd imagine its not a very nice area. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
No way. Surely you're just kidding. Surely.
Real non celebrity baby named 'Burdock'...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
There was an australian girl who went to court over her parents calling her Talula does the hula from Hawaii
I lad i worked with until recently (he has just left) had an unusual last name. His last name was Gotobed.
Sadly it must really suck to have the name "Isis" right now.

Quick Reply

Latest