The Student Room Group

revision tips to get a* in additional and triple science GCSE

I really want an A* in additional and triple so is there any techniques to do this as I only got an A in core. How do i memorise facts also? 8)

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing additionnal and further additional science.
I did core in year 10 and got an A*.
I basically started my revision March I think. I did a lot of past paper questions because you need to familiarise yourself with the mark scheme and how to achieve full marks.
Make sure that you understand all topics. If you don't, then go over it with your science teacher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by DaVinciGirl
I'm doing additionnal and further additional science.
I did core in year 10 and got an A*.
I basically started my revision May I think. I did a lot of past paper questions because you need to familiarise yourself with the mark scheme and how to achieve full marks.
Make sure that you understand all topics. If you don't, then go over it with your science teacher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't may a bit late? Thanks tho x
Original post by saumya134
Isn't may a bit late? Thanks tho x

Sorry I meant to say March.
But start it whenever you feel like you need to revise. When did you start last year??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I started very late. I do dance outside of school and so I had to revise for an exam for that and the day before my chemistry core exam I had to go on a DofE expedition so I didnt get to revise as much :/ literally revised the night before and the morning lol
I started very late. I do dance outside of school and so I had to revise for an exam for that and the day before my chemistry core exam I had to go on a DofE expedition so I didnt get to revise as much :/ literally revised the night before and the morning lol

That's impressive, you still got a Grade A.
So now you know that you need to revise earlier, not a few days before lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thank you :') Congrats with the A* maan. Yea Im starting to do notes now and hopefully by April I will know everything
Thank you :') Congrats with the A* maan. Yea Im starting to do notes now and hopefully by April I will know everything

Well good luck. I hope you do great on your GCSE's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Good Luck to you too x
I did all my revision the night before for my final chemistry GCSE exam and that exam was an A*. It can be done, and especially if you're as dedicated and organised as you claim to be. Keep working on past papers- these are particularly important for sciences.

Good luck!
Original post by All_TheCyanide
I did all my revision the night before for my final chemistry GCSE exam and that exam was an A*. It can be done, and especially if you're as dedicated and organised as you claim to be. Keep working on past papers- these are particularly important for sciences.

Good luck!

OMFG u got a* with a night before revision. i revised for 2 weeks straight and barely managed to get an a* ahaha XD. we have worse teachers ever :frown:
Original post by Asad_2015
OMFG u got a* with a night before revision. i revised for 2 weeks straight and barely managed to get an a* ahaha XD. we have worse teachers ever :frown:

I think I got lucky, but I was really determined to do well. I thought I was going to fail!

Every one learns differently and at different paces, don't worry. My teacher was awful (he taught us A level stuff because some kids wanted to learn it early and so none of us knew the GCSE stuff). I self taught chemistry and I think that helped me a lot.
I think I got lucky, but I was really determined to do well. I thought I was going to fail!

Every one learns differently and at different paces, don't worry. My teacher was awful (he taught us A level stuff because some kids wanted to learn it early and so none of us knew the GCSE stuff). I self taught chemistry and I think that helped me a lot.
did u do it in year 10? i got exactly 360 :P i was soo lucky. plus my isa was a bloody 41/83. haha
did u do it in year 10? i got exactly 360 :P i was soo lucky. plus my isa was a bloody 41/83. haha

Well, my year 10 one was C1, which was the first unit. I got a B and resat it in year 11 to get an A. The A* was for C3 which was in year 11 (it was one of my last exams).

Ah that's good :3 ISAs are hard. I somehow got an A* on mine but I don't really understand why because I spent most of the time doodling and laughing at the word "stop cock"... XD But my Biology ISA was piss poor!
Well, my year 10 one was C1, which was the first unit. I got a B and resat it in year 11 to get an A. The A* was for C3 which was in year 11 (it was one of my last exams).

Ah that's good :3 ISAs are hard. I somehow got an A* on mine but I don't really understand why because I spent most of the time doodling and laughing at the word "stop cock"... XD But my Biology ISA was piss poor!

Haha I'm resisting my biology is a. So u didn't get an a* overall. I got like 93 in my c3 I think. It was hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha I'm resisting my biology is a. So u didn't get an a* overall. I got like 93 in my c3 I think. It was hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had 100 in C3 and the ISA, but C2 let me down. I don't really care though, I was happy enough with my A. I was so, so close to an A*, but oh well.

I would've resat my Bio ISA, but it's too late now and I don't really care because although I got a B I'm predicted an A at A Level and I've got offers to study it at places like Warwick. A* grades at GCSE don't really matter.
I had 100 in C3 and the ISA, but C2 let me down. I don't really care though, I was happy enough with my A. I was so, so close to an A*, but oh well.

I would've resat my Bio ISA, but it's too late now and I don't really care because although I got a B I'm predicted an A at A Level and I've got offers to study it at places like Warwick. A* grades at GCSE don't really matter.

True. You did good though. Good look in Alevels 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile
True. You did good though. Good look in Alevels 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, you did good too. Same for you 😊
Thank you, you did good too. Same for you ������

thanks what a level did u pick
thanks what a level did u pick

Chemistry, Biology and English Lit Lang. I did History for AS too.

You?

Quick Reply

Latest