Original post by AspiringMedic8
Depends on the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applied for Business Management

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by milkberries

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think Warwick is better than King's for Business.
Warwick is superior to King's College for Business/Management and as a whole. It has also more popular to elite students, having higher entry standards, and thus, has a more superior student body than King's, on average.

For your chosen field, the gap between the two isn't even close.
Warwick is far superior to King's College for business, and the top employers see it as one of the only 6 feeder schools to top banks and financial institutions in London or elsewhere.
Comparing to Warwick to King's College for business is like comparing a Kia car to a Lamborghini. Seriously.
Original post by Mr. Roxas
Warwick is superior to King's College for Business/Management and as a whole. It has also more popular to elite students, having higher entry standards, and thus, has a more superior student body than King's, on average.

Warwick is far superior to King's College for business, and the top employers see it as one of the only 6 feeder schools to top banks and financial institutions in London or elsewhere.
Comparing to Warwick to King's College for business is like comparing a Kia car to a Lamborghini. Seriously.

I wouldn't go that far. More like a nice £30k BMW to a Lamborghini.
For me, for elite jobs in banking, finance and management consultancy, it's top 6 of bust. Warwick is well within the top 6. It competes with the likes of Oxbridge and the 3 London powerhouse unis. Together, they're peers as how the top employers would see them. King's isn't in the elite group. And for the top employers, it's either you're in the top 6 or bust.

Again, I'm talking about the elite employers.

The story would be different if we're talking about middle/average caliber employers, where I think King's is considered respected. But for say, Goldman Sachs and such, Warwick = Lamborghini and King's is synonymous to Kia.

No pun intended.
Reply 7
For me, for elite jobs in banking, finance and management consultancy, it's top 6 of bust. Warwick is well within the top 6. It competes with the likes of Oxbridge and the 3 London powerhouse unis. Together, they're peers as how the top employers would see them. King's isn't in the elite group. And for the top employers, it's either you're in the top 6 or bust.

The story would be different if we're talking about middle/average caliber employers, where I think King's is considered respected. But for say, Goldman Sachs and such, Warwick = Lamborghini and King's is synonymous to Kia.

No pun intended.

What if I wanted to go into marketing rather than finance/banking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What if I wanted to go into marketing rather than finance/banking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Warwick is still probably better but King's is not bad either and its location in London definitely helps it somewhat. I think you'll be fine with either school.
Reply 9

I assume you went to Warwick?
Original post by Asfoi
I assume you went to Warwick?

Yes and I'm proud to have come from WBS.

Yes I went to WBS then Brown then Chicago (for my MBA). Had stints at 2 top banks -- bulge bracket firms -- tucked under my belt.

Unlike one poster here who hasn't studied in a top business school, no solid work experience in a top company/bank whatsoever, yet is here constantly exhausting all his energy in pushing an institution that is somewhat unknown in the business/banking community. I'm not like this impostor guy. And, I'm rational.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Warwick is a better bet for Business Management.

Insecure Warwick graduate, can you explain to the audience how you came to the conclusion that Warwick is better than KCL as a whole.

You are a graduate of "elite" schools, I think you should find it easy.

Don't come with your usual lame "at least one Warwick graduate goes to Harvard Business School every year".:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I am impressed that you refrained for once to not make the ridiculous claim that Warwick is a target school of MBB. You finally found someone that would challenge you on your insecurity-induced porky pies.:cool:

Warwick is the Kia and KCL is the Lamborghini?

No pun intended.

Oh, there you go again.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Can you explain how you came to the conclusion that Warwick is top 6 for consultancy?

Or is that porky pies, insecure one?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If Warwick is more regarded by top employers, then how come KCL graduates earn more than Warwick graduates and, worse still, more KCL students are employed than Warwick graduates?:biggrin:

The elite employers ask Warwick graduates to work for free?:rolleyes:

Also how come elite employers rate KCL higher than Warwick?

http://emerging.fr/rank_en.html

The CEOs and Chairmen of global businesses prefer to drive a Kia than a Lamborghini?:biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by plasmaman
Warwick is the Kia and KCL is the Lamborghini?

Stop it!

Don't hurt his insecure feelings. It is not nice.:tongue:
Business is not one of KCL's strong subjects. Warwick is better. KCL also tends to have quite bad student satisfaction.

But KCL is more prestigious than Warwick, especially internationally, and in its strong subjects it is more than a match for Warwick.
Yes and I'm proud to have come from WBS.

Yes I went to WBS then Brown then Chicago (for my MBA). Had stints at 2 top banks -- bulge bracket firms -- tucked under my belt.

Unlike one poster here who hasn't studied in a top business school, no solid work experience in a top company/bank whatsoever, yet is here constantly exhausting all his energy in pushing an institution that is somewhat unknown in the business/banking community. I'm not like this impostor guy. And, I'm rational.

No, you are not proud you went to Warwick. You are insecure about going to Warwick.

You realise it is a university requesting high grades but does not have that much international gravitas, hence why you feel the need to lie to people it is great.

WBS is not a top business school. It is merely a good business school.
Original post by Copperknickers
Business is not one of KCL's strong subjects. Warwick is better. KCL also tends to have quite bad student satisfaction.

But KCL is more prestigious than Warwick, especially internationally, and in its strong subjects it is more than a match for Warwick.

Don't even bother.

I have tired many times to explain to him.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3001705&page=21&p=52672901#post52672901

But his insecurity would not make him accept the fact.

All he would keep blabbing is tha Warwick is in the Top 6 for IB jobs, so it is arguably the 3rd best university in the UK.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

There are only 2 measures Warwick is better than KCL. That is, jobs for IB (which is not KCL's area) and average entry tariff.

For all other measures (those that count the most), KCL is better.

KCL is better in academic rankings, academic reputation, research, employer reputation, employment prospects, make more money, have a better alumni, have a better brand, more prestigious history and has far more funding than Warwick despite being of equal size.

But, he will tell you and stick to "Warwick is better for IB".:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by LutherVan
Don't even bother.

I have tired many times to explain to him.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3001705&page=21&p=52672901#post52672901

But his insecurity would not make him accept the fact.

All he would keep blabbing is tha Warwick is in the Top 6 for IB jobs, so it is arguably the 3rd best university in the UK.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

There are only 2 measures Warwick is better than KCL. That is, jobs for IB (which is not KCL's area) and average entry tariff.

For all other measures (those that count the most), KCL is better.

KCL is better in academic rankings, academic reputation, research, employer reputation, employment prospects, make more money, have a better alumni, have a better brand, more prestigious history and has far more funding than Warwick despite being of equal size.

But, he will tell you and stick to "Warwick is better for IB".:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I agree but also Warwick I believe has better student satisfaction. In the end though King's does have a better international rep than Warwick and for most subjects I would choose King's because of that international reputation.

Quick Reply

Latest