The Student Room Group

When do I apply?

Hi there,
I am currently applying for University and have gotten all of my offers, I was wondering when I should apply for my Halls accommodation and also do I apply for my 1st choice and my insurance offer?
Any help would be much appreciated.
C.D
Reply 1
U can do it anytime if you have all your offers but some people wait till nearer April of May before choosing but if you are sure accept them then accommodation would follow from there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Bluebells60
U can do it anytime if you have all your offers but some people wait till nearer April of May before choosing but if you are sure accept them then accommodation would follow from there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Do I apply for both?
As my 1st choice and insurance?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by CazD
Thank you! Do I apply for both?
As my 1st choice and insurance?

This depends on the unis' policies. Some expect insurance applicants to apply but others don't.

The timings also vary by uni. Some don't even sort accommodation until after results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I read somewhere that you need to wait for Finance to open in February, since you can't apply for accommodation until you know how much you are eligible to get (as in maintenance loan). Unless you'll be paying privately.

I don't know if that's true though.
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
This depends on the unis' policies. Some expect insurance applicants to apply but others don't.

The timings also vary by uni. Some don't even sort accommodation until after results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay... don't suppose anyone has any information on Bournemouth Art and or University of West London on this particular subject?
Reply 6
Okay... don't suppose anyone has any information on Bournemouth Art and or University of West London on this particular subject?
Student Finance is now open. :woo:

I'd hold fire for a bit, you'll get a letter asking you to apply usually from your firm. :smile:
Reply 8
Yeah, I applied for finance today, couldn't find any information about insurance offers accommodation though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CazD
Yeah, I applied for finance today, couldn't find any information about insurance offers accommodation though

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://aub.ac.uk/plan-visit-apply/accommodation/halls-residence/

"Applications for a room in halls for 2015/16 will open in March 2015."

:smile:
Original post by CazD

it will say on their websites
Reply 11
That's great thanks for the help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending