The Student Room Group

Conversation between boyfriend and his girl mate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kristen101
Maybe not but in a way I am glad as I would never know what he said to her. Anyway I am still confused about what to do hence the thread.

When did it happen? It's not much help, but you probably either have to trust him or think about whether you want to end things. Did you trust him before this? Do you find it difficult to trust people?
You are massively overreacting and causing problems it sounds like. He said he thought she was good-looking, so what? As you say he was at pains to assure her he was not actually attracted to her.

As to the not wanting her to be with anyone else that ids because he feels protective of her, like a sister.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by qwertyking
When did it happen? It's not much help, but you probably either have to trust him or think about whether you want to end things. Did you trust him before this? Do you find it difficult to trust people?

I do find it hard to trust people yeah. Part of me thinks he told her he didnt want her or think about her sexually and she is blocked. He has cried several times when I have been on verge of breaking up before so he must really not want to lose me.
But the other part of me thinks I can't trust he wont do this again as he did before and thought it was justified. For all I know he may say things to me to make me feel better.
I want to believe he didn't mean what he said to her but I also don't want to be naive.
what would you do?
I do find it hard to trust people yeah. Part of me thinks he told her he didnt want her or think about her sexually and she is blocked. He has cried several times when I have been on verge of breaking up before so he must really not want to lose me.
But the other part of me thinks I can't trust he wont do this again as he did before and thought it was justified. For all I know he may say things to me to make me feel better.
I want to believe he didn't mean what he said to her but I also don't want to be naive.
what would you do?

How long have you been together? What's the relationship like otherwise? If I didn't trust someone, then I would probably just end it.
Reply 24
How long have you been together? What's the relationship like otherwise? If I didn't trust someone, then I would probably just end it.

We have been together 10 months. Otherwise it is quite good.
Reply 25
Original post by scrotgrot
You are massively overreacting and causing problems it sounds like. He said he thought she was good-looking, so what? As you say he was at pains to assure her he was not actually attracted to her.

As to the not wanting her to be with anyone else that ids because he feels protective of her, like a sister.

If he had said that it would have been better. His reasoning is he wanting to make her feel good as she was emotional and he in the moment he was trying to be nice.
I suppose as he told her he didnt want her anymore or think about her sexually I can try to let it go.. just really annoys me he could say these things to someone
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by glycerin
I would do nothing until i decide on how i feel again. But to be fair to my initial sentiments, give the relationship as many shots to make it work and see what to do in making him happy so that i may also derive happiness (pretty selfish) and regain security in the process.

But if anything like that reoccurs, i would bail and not want an explanation from any party. That is just me though.

Thanks for the advice.
I can't tell whether you are being sarcastic in your first paragraph here?
If im not mistaken you are saying if you were in my shoes you would give him another chance and try to make it work with him?
Reply 28
Original post by KingStannis
Erm, I don't see anything wrong with the scenario? It seems he doesn't want her, he wants you, you want him, she doesn't want him.

what's the issue?

Well that he said he didnt like the thought of her with anyone else.. if he meant it its bad and even if he didnt then he shouldn't be saying it.
You reckon I have nothing to be worried about then?
Well that he said he didnt like the thought of her with anyone else.. if he meant it its bad and even if he didnt then he shouldn't be saying it.
You reckon I have nothing to be worried about then?

I guess that's fairly worrying. But he has a plausible explanation, and i do think it is possible to have residual feelings for someone while loving someone else if he is lying.

Basically, don't worry yourself unless you catch him talking to her again.
Reply 30
I guess that's fairly worrying. But he has a plausible explanation, and i do think it is possible to have residual feelings for someone while loving someone else if he is lying.

Basically, don't worry yourself unless you catch him talking to her again.

So would you still be with someone if you were in my shoes?

He says he cant blame me for not wanting them to talk any more and said he wont speak to her but is a bit annoyed as he saw her as a good friend. Its because of that I am worried one day he will contact her at some point. What do I do if he does :/
So would you still be with someone if you were in my shoes?

He says he cant blame me for not wanting them to talk any more and said he wont speak to her but is a bit annoyed as he saw her as a good friend. Its because of that I am worried one day he will contact her at some point. What do I do if he does :/

Would i still be with him if i were in your position? Yes, he hasn't done anything dump-able imo.

If he just sees her as a friend, then i can see why he might rebel. Ask him if you can see the whole conversation. If his story checks out, then just let him be friends. That's what i'd do.
Reply 32
He was honest enough to tell you about the conversation. You seem incredibly insecure and a bit of a nightmare girlfriend tbh.

"A lot of people have conflicting feelings about their exes. The exact details of their conversation was none of your business and contacting her was out of order"

Well wouldn't you feel insecure if you were in my shoes? What would you have done of this happened to you?
Reply 33
Thanks for the advice.
I can't tell whether you are being sarcastic in your first paragraph here?
If im not mistaken you are saying if you were in my shoes you would give him another chance and try to make it work with him?

No sarcasm intended, but i can see why you found that confusing, just put your feelings first before you put them out there for another shot. If you're heading in that direction then all the best!
Reply 34
Original post by glycerin
No sarcasm intended, but i can see why you found that confusing, just put your feelings first before you put them out there for another shot. If you're heading in that direction then all the best!

Yeah I was confused whether you were saying you would give it another shot and make it worse or to end it?
Original post by blondyx
What sort of phase?
So you think I am over worrying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not the OP....Or are you!

Fishy.

Anyway this seems like a continuation of your other thread and frankly it sounds like you're overreacting over every little thing. I already suggested ROCD and seeking help on the matter, aside from that there's nothing else to be said. It's pointless worrying about every little thing your boyfriend does or doesn't do and acting the way you are only pushes him further away because when someone becomes that much of a tiresome emotionally draining burden that goes off at the slightest provocation it quickly puts the partner in a position of less ****s given.

You're going to push him away if you keep worrying about his loyalty, etc. Unless you have actual concrete evidence he has been up to no good then chill out. Even then it's a simple equation. If he is unfaithful then he isn't worth your time, cut him loose.

As it is you may need to consider some time alone and single just to clear your head and figure out where your real problem lays.

best of luck Two-Accounter. :P
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
You're not the OP....Or are you!

Fishy.

Anyway this seems like a continuation of your other thread and frankly it sounds like you're overreacting over every little thing. I already suggested ROCD and seeking help on the matter, aside from that there's nothing else to be said. It's pointless worrying about every little thing your boyfriend does or doesn't do and acting the way you are only pushes him further away because when someone becomes that much of a tiresome emotionally draining burden that goes off at the slightest provocation it quickly puts the partner in a position of less ****s given.

You're going to push him away if you keep worrying about his loyalty, etc. Unless you have actual concrete evidence he has been up to no good then chill out. Even then it's a simple equation. If he is unfaithful then he isn't worth your time, cut him loose.

As it is you may need to consider some time alone and single just to clear your head and figure out where your real problem lays.

best of luck Two-Accounter. :P

Hello,

I see what you are saying and I agree I overthink things. In this particular thread I wanted advice on a specific situation to make sure I wasn't ignoring alarming things. As others have said they wouldn't like what happened either so just wanted to make sure.

But yeah I am going to try and sort my head out.
Reply 37
Would i still be with him if i were in your position? Yes, he hasn't done anything dump-able imo.

If he just sees her as a friend, then i can see why he might rebel. Ask him if you can see the whole conversation. If his story checks out, then just let him be friends. That's what i'd do.

He had deleted the conversation so that wont happen. He tells me she was his best friend and has never wanted her as a gf or had romantic feelings for her since we been together.

Annoyingly he has an issue with one of my guy friends and i asked him what he would of done if i had said what he said to my friend he said he would break up with me as i talk to him alot and meet up with him he wouldnt believe i didnt have feelings...

I do believe he loves me.. but I feel anxious all the time. I wonder whether this is gut or just craziness..
He had deleted the conversation so that wont happen. He tells me she was his best friend and has never wanted her as a gf or had romantic feelings for her since we been together.

Annoyingly he has an issue with one of my guy friends and i asked him what he would of done if i had said what he said to my friend he said he would break up with me as i talk to him alot and meet up with him he wouldnt believe i didnt have feelings...

I do believe he loves me.. but I feel anxious all the time. I wonder whether this is gut or just craziness..

It's easy to have double standards like that because you are inside yourself. It's harder to trust someone else. If anything him being jealous of you might prove he has feelings for you. Though stopping your partner seeing their friend isn't a good thing. Although, and this has to be said, just because you only see the other guy as friend doesn't mean he feels the same. I have no idea about your specific relationship with him, so can't comment, but men being a girl's best friend because they secretly love them is common. That might e playing on his mind.

If i were you i'd just try to get on with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending