The Student Room Group

Why should it be acceptable for men to look like this?

Who gave unhealthy obese men the right to justify their own failures in maintaining a decent lifestyle?

fat-man.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Loving your come back, jebus though xD.
This ain't about male virginity

Come at me bro!!
Reply 4
Since when was it acceptable to look like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
Because, Johnny Vegas

Got some moves bro! :danceboy:

Weird, I've just been watching Johnny Vegas on A Leage Of Their Own.

Such an awesome guy:biggrin:
How dare you mock my thread
Original post by King Leonidas

Come at me bro!!

And I got banned for posting a link to Page 3!!!!!!!! These boobs are unreal!
Original post by Izzyeviel

Is this Nigel Farage?!

Come at me bro!!

bring it
Original post by bittr n swt

bring it

Brought it!

Brought it!

****ing lol!!!!!!
Original post by Mr Smurf

Biology student here- I'm pretty sure women naturally are supposed to have more fat than men (to protect fetuses) and after being pregnant are more likely to be overweight because some women's metabolisms slow down after they have kids (not sure why this is, but this was was case with my grandma).

And biologically, curvy women = greater fertility = should be more attractive to men for reproductive purposes. Curvy isn't equivalent to obese, though. The two are different things entirely. So the "curvy" argument doesn't work for guys (even though that's just a mocking picture).

You can't really shame either gender for weight, though, because people can have metabolic issues etc. that can affect their weight. I know OP is responding to an earlier thread but it needs to be said.
Original post by Izzyeviel
Who gave unhealthy obese men the right to justify their own failures in maintaining a decent lifestyle?

fat-man.jpg

To sell niche stock photos?
Reply 15
Original post by holmes221
To sell niche stock photos?

search google images for 'fat bald blokes' and see how far you can make it :biggrin:
Reply 17

Come at me bro!!

Original post by All_TheCyanide
Biology student here- I'm pretty sure women naturally are supposed to have more fat than men (to protect fetuses) and after being pregnant are more likely to be overweight because some women's metabolisms slow down after they have kids (not sure why this is, but this was was case with my grandma).

And biologically, curvy women = greater fertility = should be more attractive to men for reproductive purposes. Curvy isn't equivalent to obese, though. The two are different things entirely. So the "curvy" argument doesn't work for guys (even though that's just a mocking picture).

You can't really shame either gender for weight, though, because people can have metabolic issues etc. that can affect their weight. I know OP is responding to an earlier thread but it needs to be said.

Could you explain the science behind this please, I'm interested:smile:
Could you explain the science behind this please, I'm interested:smile:

This review paper gives lots of into: http://faculty.bennington.edu/~sherman/sex/whr-singh2002.pdf

There is even the suggestion that fat stored around the buttocks and thighs acts as a reservoir of fatty acids for foetal brain developement, although I think this is pretty speculative: http://www.anth.ucsb.edu/sites/secure.lsit.ucsb.edu.anth.d7/files/sitefiles/people/gaulin/WHRcog%20as%20published.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest