The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

anyone know what the drill is now that all of the interview slots have been taken if theyve invited us to interview?
Reply 581
Anyone who's had an interview invitation congrats! Just wondering, has anyone booked the date for the interview cause on mine it says its fully booked lol
Original post by Dan P
Anyone who's had an interview invitation congrats! Just wondering, has anyone booked the date for the interview cause on mine it says its fully booked lol

Yeah i know same for me haha..ii'm gna phone them tomorrow ill post here what they say :smile:
Reply 583
Original post by KrsnaM
Yeah i know same for me haha..ii'm gna phone them tomorrow ill post here what they say :smile:

Ok cheers x
Reply 584
Do you think I'll get an interview? Score of 44... Really want Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dan P

Yes I got an interview yesterday and booked it straight away for the 27th February :smile: I think I got one of the last slots!
Reply 586
Loads of slots available for three new dates now on the site
Original post by Dan P
Ok cheers x

Didn't have to call they added three new dates, 30th and 31st march and 1st april :smile:
Anyone got an interview this Friday? Mine is at around 9.00

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got an interview on Friday at 2??
To everyone who just received interviews, what are your scores?
And does this mean all the interviews have been handed out now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fission_Mailed
The BMedSci is classified with normal honours based on 1st and 2nd year marks, plus the project itself and (AFAIK) part of the first clinical attachment. The BMBS is not classified, finals are pass/fail and previous marks have no bearing.

All results from 1st year to 5th year are given as percentages, and the usual grade boundaries apply for the classified components. Achieving over 70%, I think, in clinical modules earns a merit which looks good if you apply for AFP. Not certain, tbh, as I didn't apply for the AFP and I haven't finished a module with a score over 70% since 3rd year.

Edit: One or two more details; the preclinical passmark is 40%, then it goes up to 50%, although these aren't raw marks. If you fail a 1st year module then you can resit at the next opportunity to progress. Generally speaking, you only get one resit per module without extenuating circumstances but towards the final years there is a tendency to let people resit until they pass or repeat whole modules to get them through.

Thank you so much for the information. Still waiting on the result, but now have a clearer idea of what it all means ~ once again many thanks.
If I'm bringing AS and GCSE certificates do I need to bring the transcripts I got on results day as well? Any advice?
Original post by violin101
If I'm bringing AS and GCSE certificates do I need to bring the transcripts I got on results day as well? Any advice?

Nope, just photocopies and originals will do :smile:
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by violin101

Probably won't need them, but there's harm in taking them just in case :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 595
I took the transcripts as well, just in case. Also bring photocopies of everything, including certificates :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Okay, thanks so much :smile: - kind of starting to stress about how many things there are to remember
I don't actually have AS certificates but I have the sheet you get on results day... That should be alright, shouldn't it? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have an interview on Friday at 11?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DJ1997
I'm an international applicant too (from India).
I am flying to England for my interview, but I think there is one in Malaysia as well. You should email them and ask!

Oh that will be great! I'm still trying to persuade my parents but I should definitely try to email them. Good luck with your interview, cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending