The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by diseasedneckbeard
Let's look at your average Saturday time window: wake up at 6:30 AM, go to sleep at 1:30 AM. By my counting, that's 19 hours of time. To only use 8 hours out of that for revision is just asking to fail your A Levels. Up your weekend revision by two hours every week until you reach 38 hours of revision per weekend, using the remaining 10 hours to sleep. Don't bother eating food, meet your nutritional needs through liquids (eg. protein shakes) that you can consume while revising.

Weekdays are another matter; you need to be more creative. Don't be idle for a moment. In the car? Start revising. In the toilet? Start revising? In a lesson? Start revising. In fact, never stop revising. Everything you do should be revision in one form or another, otherwise you have no hope.

Good luck.

And revision whilst you sleep
How could you forget tssk
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Let's look at your average Saturday time window: wake up at 6:30 AM, go to sleep at 1:30 AM. By my counting, that's 19 hours of time. To only use 8 hours out of that for revision is just asking to fail your A Levels. Up your weekend revision by two hours every week until you reach 38 hours of revision per weekend, using the remaining 10 hours to sleep. Don't bother eating food, meet your nutritional needs through liquids (eg. protein shakes) that you can consume while revising.

Weekdays are another matter; you need to be more creative. Don't be idle for a moment. In the car? Start revising. In the toilet? Start revising? In a lesson? Start revising. In fact, never stop revising. Everything you do should be revision in one form or another, otherwise you have no hope.

Good luck.

LMAO
This actually cracked me up 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👏👏👏👏👏👏👏😂😂😂👏👏👏👏👏
Original post by Futuremedic2096
And revision whilst you sleep
How could you forget tssk

By 'sleep' I mean 'past papers'.

Original post by alevels2k15
LMAO
This actually cracked me up

But seriously, you do not need to do so much revision hahahaha.

I only started revising for AS around Easter.

Ive been getting U's.. I guess thats made me go all mental!
Easter? Woah!
What grades did you get? :smile:
Original post by Master219
Ah mines on the 3rd march, gonna be sooo lonely :frown: lol

Hey, I've got my Imperial interview on the 3rd of March as well!!!!!!!!!
Original post by alevels2k15
Ive been getting U's.. I guess thats made me go all mental!
Easter? Woah!
What grades did you get? :smile:

I got 4 As, with an overall average of ~90% UMS.

I revised pretty hard but I could have still worked harder than I did.

Me too
Me too

Me too, but what 'saved' me were doing my hw and studying for random tests...
Original post by ozbilege

You are literally me
i do this too
the little revision ensures you retain knowledge
Original post by ozbilege

I didn't even do that.

From ~mid-March, I had to learn almost everything for the first time and also revise it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Anybody here feel that their interview was strong, and then got rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had my interview today! Felt as though it went quite well, it was very laidback, tge interviewers were lovely and there was a lot of laughing involved. Does anyone feel like their interview seemed like this but then still got a rejection? Im not too sure if ill be getting an offer or not :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ~Zahra~
I had my interview today! Felt as though it went quite well, it was very laidback, tge interviewers were lovely and there was a lot of laughing involved. Does anyone feel like their interview seemed like this but then still got a rejection? Im not too sure if ill be getting an offer or not :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Hope for the best, expect the worst"
Original post by ~Zahra~

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, from the sounds of it you will get an offer. Looking on the student room about other people's experiences actually made me more stressed about whether I would get an offer.

Mine was pretty laid back and there were moments of laughter, but we weren't in continuous laughter the whole way through the interview :') I got an offer yesterday, which was 13 days after my interview :smile: I hope you get an offer too!

Just remember that almost 70% of people get offers after their interview at Imperial!
(edited 9 years ago)
"Hope for the best, expect the worst"

Original post by J_Weller
Don't worry, from the sounds of it you will get an offer. Looking on the student room about other people's experiences actually made me more stressed about whether I would get an offer.

Mine was pretty laid back and there were moments of laughter, but we weren't in continuous laughter the whole way through the interview :') I got an offer yesterday, which was 13 days after my interview :smile: I hope you get an offer too!

Just remember that almost 70% of people get offers after their interview at Imperial!

Thanks! I guess ill just have to be patient and hope for the best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard back from those interviewed on the 20th?
Original post by mistabozza

You've probably got a week to wait I'm afraid
Original post by mistabozza

I haven't heard back yet.... :cry2:
Reply 1459
Was anyone offered water at their interview?

Quick Reply

Latest