The Student Room Group

No to homosexuals...

... for those who are against homosexuality, why do you think homosexuality should not receive equal treatment?

Scroll to see replies

I'm not against homosexuality, I think if your gay, you should be who you are with every right as straight person, EXCEPT marriage. I think marriage should be with a man and a woman, but civil partnership is for gays.
I think love is love and should be treated equally doesnt matter who it is between if people love each other they should have every right to express it how ever they choose. After all isnt love meant to be an uncontrolable thing that people have no real power over ? I think people should not be judged on who they love and should definitely have the same rights.
Reply 3
Marriage is just legal stuff, one girl spiritually married herself today, of course gay people deserve to get married just like straight people
Original post by adesola15
I'm not against homosexuality, I think if your gay, you should be who you are with every right as straight person, EXCEPT marriage. I think marriage should be with a man and a woman, but civil partnership is for gays.

Spot the contradiction? Straight people are entitled to every marriage, and if gays are entitled to EVERY right as you so put it, that includes marriage.

I'm not gonna wave my rainbow flag, but if I'm to be honest, I find views like yours the most annoying. Gays have the same right to be as miserable as straight people in my opinion. FFS what does it matter to you and your life if I tied the knot with another guy? Nothing.
Part of the definition of homophobia includes it being "irrational", so I doubt you'll get a satisfactory explanation from one as to why they oppose homosexuality. It's one thing to oppose gay marriage, but opposing homosexuality itself is very different.

As far as I can see, it's because homophobes just aren't very nice people. Like with racists, it's an irrational hatred. I'd also like to see a homophobe explain and defend their position.
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Spot the contradiction? Straight people are entitled to every marriage, and if gays are entitled to EVERY right as you so put it, that includes marriage.

I'm not gonna wave my rainbow flag, but if I'm to be honest, I find views like yours the most annoying. Gays have the same right to be as miserable as straight people in my opinion. FFS what does it matter to you and your life if I tied the knot with another guy? Nothing.

It doesn't matter to me whether or not you got married to a guy, but to me the definition of marriage is between a man and a woman, and a civil partnership gives to same rights as a marriaged couple to one in a civil partnership.

Same thing, just 2 different names, same rights, just 2 different names.
Original post by RFowler

As far as I can see, it's because homophobes just aren't very nice people. Like with racists, it's an irrational hatred. I'd also like to see a homophobe explain and defend their position.

I think I'd have to tick off of the thread at that point, as discrimination gets me extremely annoyed. Even more so when they try and defend it.
It doesn't matter to me whether or not you got married to a guy, but to me the definition of marriage is between a man and a woman, and a civil partnership gives to same rights as a marriaged couple to one in a civil partnership.

Same thing, just 2 different names, same rights, just 2 different names.

The definition of 'universal suffrage' meant the right for adult males to vote until people got enlightened and finally realised that maybe females should get the vote too. Definitions can be wrong (or in this case absolutely irrelevant until one group of people wants to exclude another group of people and then they embrace a definition to suit their own agenda). The world gets enlightened and things change ... and there's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes you might be the beneficiary, sometimes you might suffer detriment, and sometimes - as with you and the marriage of two men - it just won't impact on your own life in the slightest.

Why?
Reply 10
I don't care what someone does in their private life that's none of my business but I will not accept homosexuality because that would mean accepting that men have the right to make advances on me. Not only that but they are also teaching anal sex to young children in schools in America.
Original post by al_94
I don't care what someone does in their private life that's none of my business but I will not accept homosexuality because that would mean accepting that men have the right to make advances on me.

Does it really? Does it really mean that?

Not only that but they are also teaching anal sex to young children in schools in America.

That's a fib but heterosexuals can have anal sex too. Every hole is a goal.
Original post by al_94
I don't care what someone does in their private life that's none of my business but I will not accept homosexuality because that would mean accepting that men have the right to make advances on me. Not only that but they are also teaching anal sex to young children in schools in America.

Yeah but you also have the right to say no. It's not an affront to your "manliness" if another guy finds you attractive ffs. :lolwut:

And I would rather schools provide comprehensive sex education full stop. It's cringeworthy to hear some of the ill-educated nonsense in the sexual health forum.
Reply 13
Original post by h3isenberg
Does it really? Does it really mean that?

That's a fib but heterosexuals can have anal sex too. Every hole is a goal.

Yes it does because they are protected by law to do that but if you use a so called "homophobic" slur against them you could be prosecuted. So much for free speech. Actually they do teach this and whether heterosexuals do it or not is irrelevant as I said I don't care what people do in their private life but I don't think it's right to teach it.

Here is evidence it is being taught:

http://rt.com/usa/206311-chicago-5thgraders-sex-ed-anal/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/3352373/Outrage-over-explicit-sex-lessons.html

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/las-vegas-parents-shock-schools-plan-teach-five-year-olds-about-masturbation-1467068
I don't think straight people should get married. They get divorced way to often and it weakens the sanctity of marriage.

It's Adam and Eve not Adam and Eve Sarah
Being gay myself, threads like this used to really bother me when I first joined TSR. Now I just sit back and laugh...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by al_94
Yes it does because they are protected by law to do that but if you use a so called "homophobic" slur against them you could be prosecuted. So much for free speech.

Lol. That's because it's homophobia so you're attacking a group of people, ergo it's hate speech. Duh.

Actually they do teach this and whether heterosexuals do it or not is irrelevant as I said I don't care what people do in their private life but I don't think it's right to teach it.

No it's not irrelevant at all. As heterosexuals have anal sex then that undermines what you're saying. Also, I dunno if it's because you have a dirty mind or you're just nescient, but homosexuality is not just about two men having sex, just like heterosexuality is not just about a male and female having sex.

Where is the evidence that homosexuality is being taught?

All those links show is that children are educated about different sex acts... Oh no, the horror!
Original post by al_94
Yes it does because they are protected by law to do that but if you use a so called "homophobic" slur against them you could be prosecuted. So much for free speech. Actually they do teach this and whether heterosexuals do it or not is irrelevant as I said I don't care what people do in their private life but I don't think it's right to teach it.

Here is evidence it is being taught:

http://rt.com/usa/206311-chicago-5thgraders-sex-ed-anal/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/3352373/Outrage-over-explicit-sex-lessons.html

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/las-vegas-parents-shock-schools-plan-teach-five-year-olds-about-masturbation-1467068

Skimmed through first link and what does that have to do with homosexuality? If there was any mention I missed it. If anal sex makes you think of homosexuality only then I really don't know what to say. Free speech does not give you the right to enact hate crimes and verbally abuse someone because of what they are.
a few people on here have shared the same opinion as I

Original post by Mad Vlad
Why?

knew you would be first one scene vladdy
No to homosapiens tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending