The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[h="1"]Sahih Bukhari[/h]
[h="1"]Sahih Bukhari Volume 002, Book 021, Hadith Number 225.[/h]

Narrated By Jundab bin 'Abdullah : Gabriel did not come to the Prophet (for some time) and so one of the Quraish women said, "His Satan has deserted him." So came the Divine Revelation: "By the forenoon And by the night When it is still! Your Lord (O Muhammad) has neither Forsaken you Nor hated you." (93.1-3)
Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) said: “Prolong your prostrations (sujud) because the most troublesome for Satan is man’s prostration to God. The reason behind it is that he was commanded to prostrate before Adam (‘a) and he disobeyed, but man obeyed and he was delivered.
It's Auschwitz anniversary today, and i want to pay my tribute on behalf of the muslim Ummah for the poor woman, men, and children who were murdered by Hitler's orders at this barbaric concentration camp. It's an utterly horrendous situation and event for any human to go through, and highlights mans evils when abusing his free will.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

I must also note, In Islam, we do not say anyone who was not a Muslim goes to hell. Rather, God looks at the sincerity of a person, how much access to the truth he had, how much he genuinely sought for the truth etc.

Ali Ibn Abi Talib a.s (successor of Muhammed pbuh, and his ahlulbayt, was personally brought up by the holy prophet pbuh and was one of the few who never bowed to an idol at any point in their life):

"Remember, Maalik, that amongst your subjects there are two kinds of people: those who have the same religion as you have; they are brothers to you, and those who have religions other than that of yours, they are human beings like you. Men of either category suffer from the same weaknesses and disabilities that human beings are inclined to, they commit sins, indulge in vices either intentionally or foolishly and unintentionally without realizing the enormity of their deeds. Let your mercy and compassion come to their rescue and help in the same way and to the same extent that you expect Allah to show mercy and forgiveness to you".

Letter 53 - To Malik Al Ashtor for Governance
Nahajul Balagaha
[video="youtube;GIINtwr_ydQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIINtwr_ydQ[/video]
أحمد بن إدريس، عن محمد بن عبد الجبار، عن صفوان بن يحيى قال: قلت لابي الحسن عليه السلام، أخبرني عن الارادة من الله ومن الخلق؟ قال: فقال: الارادة من الخلق الضمير وما يبدو لهم بعد ذلك من الفعل وأما من الله تعالى فإرادته إحداثه لا غير ذلك لانه لا يروي ولا يهم ولا يتفكر، وهذه الصفات منفية عنه وهي صفات الخلق، فإرادة الله، الفعل، لا غير ذلك يقول له: كن فيكون بلا لفظ ولا نطق بلسان ولا همة ولا تفكر ولا كيف لذلك، كما أنه لا كيف له.

Ahmad b. Idris from Muhammad b. `Abd al-Jabbar from Safwan b. Yahya.
He said: I said to Abu’l Hasan عليه السلام: Inform me of the will of Allah and the will of His creatures. He said: So he said: The will of the creatures is from the mind and what goes into it, after which comes the action. As for Allah تعالى, His will is His instigation and nothing other than that, because He does not reflect, or deliberate, or contemplate He is free from these qualities, as they are the qualities of the creatures. So the will of Allah is His actions and nothing other than that. He says to it “Be!” and it is, without uttering or speaking with a tongue, or any inclination or contemplation. [His will] has no conditions, just as He has no conditions for Him. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 296)

(sahih) (صحيح)
علي بن إبراهيم، عن محمد بن عيسى بن عبيد، عن حماد، عن حريز، عن محمد بن مسلم، عن أبي جعفر عليه السلام أنه قال في صفة القديم: إنه واحد صمد أحدي المعنى ليس بمعاني كثيرة مختلفة، قال: قلت: جعلت فداك يزعم قوم من أهل العراق أنه يسمع بغير الذي يبصر ويبصر بغير الذي يسمع، قال: فقال: كذبوا وألحدوا وشبهوا تعالى الله عن ذلك، إنه سميع بصير يسمع بما يبصر ويبصر بما يسمع، قال: قلت: يزعمون أنه بصير على ما يعقلونه، قال، فقال: تعالى الله إنما يعقل ما كان بصفة المخلوق وليس الله كذلك.

`Ali b. Ibrahim from Muhammad b. `Isa b. `Ubayd from Hamad from Hareez from Muhammad b. Muslim from Abu Ja`far عليه السلام.

He said regarding the description of the Eternal: Verily, He is one, Eternally-Besought of All, and Alone by its meaning and not by the many contradicting meanings. He said: So I said: May I be your ransom, a community from the people of Iraq allege that He hears with something different from that which He sees with, and sees with something different from that which He hears with. He said: So he said: They have lied, deviated, and alikened Him [to His creation]; and Allah is above that. He is Hearing and Seeing He hears with that which He sees, and sees with that which He hears. He said: I said: They allege that He sees as they think [He sees]. He said: So he said: Allah is above that. They deliberate [for Him] what they would apply to the creation, and Allah is not like that. (al-Kafi, Volume 1,hadith 292)

(sahih) (صحيح)
Original post by HSafirah
Waalaikumussalam warahmatullah :smile:

Its been long since I've spoken to you
How are you sis?
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest. (13:28)
Original post by Mary562
Its been long since I've spoken to you
How are you sis?

I'm good, thanks. How are you?
Original post by HSafirah
I'm good, thanks. How are you?

Alhamdulillah good
Just a little busy with A-Levels
Have to watch jazakallah. Salam
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
It's Auschwitz anniversary today, and i want to pay my tribute on behalf of the muslim Ummah for the poor woman, men, and children who were murdered by Hitler's orders at this barbaric concentration camp. It's an utterly horrendous situation and event for any human to go through, and highlights mans evils when abusing his free will.

This is what they're doing to the Palestinians now.
Reply 2092
Assalamualaykum

Sorry to go off topic, I'm new to this here. I just had a question:

Are you allowed to dye your hair?

I know for certain that you aren't allowed to dye your hair black, but what of other colours such as blonde and blue etc. Would the unislamic connotations associated with this action be frowned upon?

(This question is regarding both men and women btw but please don't give me too much to read )

Jazakallah
Guess who
Original post by K1NG93
A shame that ideas got banned. What did he do?

He trolled and got banned, methinks; he's on whatsapp... If you join us finally, maybe you'll get to talk to him (and also Kutta saab, Ash, TMG, KingOfTSR, RoyalBlue, Ibn Fulaan and me) :aetsch:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar

It's sad that the progeny of a people who experienced such pain would resort to unjustified murder themselves :/
Original post by manutd fc2
It's sad that the progeny of a people who experienced such pain would resort to unjustified murder themselves :/

Yeah I know.
But I don't think we can discuss it on here. My other post was deleted lol.
ibz100 I don't know why I can't quote you, but in response to your question-

Yes, men and women are allowed to dye their hair. As long as it isn't black dye.

The Prophet (SAW) said:

“Change the old age (white/grey hair), and do not imitate the Jews” (Sunan Tirmidhi & Sunan Nasa’i).

“The best dye to change your old age is Henna (a red plant dye) and Katm (type of grass)” (Narrated by many Hadith Imams).

This shows it's recommended.

I'm not sure on the different types of dyes though. I've heard some semi permanent dyes only coat the hair and this doesn't allow wudhu through. Not 100% if this is true.
Personally I've started using permanent ones just as a precaution.

Wasalaam.
Original post by Zamestaneh
He trolled and got banned, methinks; he's on whatsapp... If you join us finally, maybe you'll get to talk to him (and also Kutta saab, Ash, TMG, KingOfTSR, RoyalBlue, Ibn Fulaan and me) :aetsch:

What do you guys talk about? I might wanna join.
Original post by HAnwar

Original post by manutd fc2

Guys,

We need to be careful when discussing this. Firstly, there are a lot of jewish individuals who do not even live in Israel. Also, even within israel you can not blame the jewish people - but the government, and foreign governments too.

It's like accusing all muslims for the atrocious actions of ISIS, Alqaeda, saudi and so on. We don't like it done to us, so why are we doing it to our jewish brothers and sisters?

Lastly, there are many jewish individuals who actually campaign for the rights of Palestinians.

Jews for justice for Palestine: http://jfjfp.com

Jewish voice for peace: http://jewishvoiceforpeace.org

I personally have had jewish friends since i was young, as well as jewish friends currently, and jewish lecturers. I have an immense ammount of respect for them.

So the way you like people to seperate ISIS from Islam, please also separate zionism/the israeli government from judaism.

Once again i pay my respects to the jewish women , men and children brutally murdered under the orders of hitler. One must only wonder at how the survived that brutal ordeal, from being experimented on when alive, being tortured, seeing one another get brutally killed. It was one of the darkest days for humanity.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending